Andy Gray Sacked by Sky; Richard Keys resigns - join TalkSport

Anderson

Keys and Gray dumped from Chelsea match

By MirrorFootball

Sky Sports have dumped Andy Gray and Richard Keys from tonight's Monday Night Football show over their sexist comments about Premier League official Sian Massey.

The move is seen as a major punishment for the pair, who were recorded off-camera claiming that female officials "don't know the offside rule" and making derogatory remarks about West Ham's Karren Brady.

Sky's game tonight sees champions Chelsea go to high-flying Bolton and Sky's lead pairing would normally have been working at such an important fixture. Instead they have been handed a one match ban and a Sky statement later today is expected to confirm that any similar actions would not be tolerated.

Gray and Keys, whose taped remarks included a claim that Kenny Dalglish would go "potty" at Massey's appointment, were ridiculed by the Liverpool manager at his press conference this morning.

He began by asking Sky Sports' representative whether he was happy that there were female journalists present.

Read more

Andy Gray will be in bits not being able to be on 'MNF' with all his gadgets.  :lol:

i can see him and hairy hands in greys sitting room where he has a whole different set of his toys from mnf and analyzing the game as they watch it

I'm not saying it in a 'ha ha' way but i think they should have the lineswoman on with a co-presenter.

That is probably worse than saying what Keys and Gray did.

If Sky go out of their way to put a female presenter/pundit/whatever in, then they're making quite a dangerous statement. They should just choose who they'd choose if Keys and Gray were both ill (i.e. Jamie Redknapp and somebody like Stelling).

Guest neesy111

Fact is Sexism should not be tolerated in society, much work has been done to educate people about it, and then these arsehole's ruin all of that work.

Should be made to go on Loose Women and apologise.

Guest Stephen927

From F365's Mediawatch:

Opener Of The Day

Said Kenny Dalglish to a Sky Sports reporter at a Liverpool press conference as he prepared to ask the first question:

"Are you OK with her (a female journalist) being in the room?"

Guest toonlass

Let the witch hunt commence...nevermind no one has actually heard it.  :lol:

How haven't people heard it? It's been on tv, radio and you can hear it online.