Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty sure Pardew confirmed we don't pay until he plays.

Are you sure as the Chron has not mentioned anything recently about this & they would repeat something like that a few times. It would be great is we are not forking out any dosh.

What would be the point in sending him back now? Proper spacker s*** this like

If he's just draining medical resources, what's the point?

we knew he was injured when we signed him, so far he has suffered a set back that has led to him missing 2 games (stoke included).

At a guesse he wasn't signed just for this season like, but in the hope that he could play a few games, prove himself and then be signed on a permanent contract. (he's not a sick note before anyone tries to bring that shite up, he's merely suffered 1 setback from 1 injury, fuck a duck)

You make us sound like a remote African village :lol:

Like we're using Resident Evil-esque rare herbs to heal our squad.

Seriously, wages or not, Ireland may still have a role to play this season and in seasons to come, knock the signing aft the summer if he is back in a Villa shirt after  aking no imoact at all in Newcastle.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I still think we are paying his wedge until I see different.

I remember reading something similar, that we had assurances with Villa that we wouldn't pay a penny until he was fit.

Like we're using Resident Evil-esque rare herbs to heal our squad.

Seriously, wages or not, Ireland may still have a role to play this season and in seasons to come, knock the signing aft the summer if he is back in a Villa shirt after  aking no imoact at all in Newcastle.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/base-set-2/117-super-potion.jpg

God knows how many of these Ireland has been wasting.

Seems like Ireland is just a complete twat. Starting to remind me of "sick note" Darren Anderton from Spurs a few seasons ago. Makes me appreciate the likes of Colo and Tiote even more.

Would love to know why we've signed him. All conspiracies aside, cos i don't think there's owt in that, i would honestly love to know why he actually appealed to Pardew. In spite of the fact that he's got a semi-serious injury, he's been shite all season. When we signed him i was up for seeing how he might do, cos of his Man City days, but with everything put together - his bollocks personality, shite form, and the fact he's fucking injured - what the hell made us want him?

Mental signing.

Toon chief Pardew insists Ireland can seal permanent move despite slow start

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has promised Stephen Ireland he still has time to earn a permanent move to St James's Park.

The on-loan Aston Villa midfielder has been out with a knee injury since joining Newcastle in January and he suffered a fresh blow last week with a thigh strain which ruled him out of his debut against Everton.

Pardew has already ruled him out of the trip to Stoke next week. The former Manchester City man is looking to quit Villa Park after failing to win a regular place under Gerard Houllier, prior to his temporary move to Tyneside.

Pardew, armed with the £35 million Andy Carroll transfer kitty, wants to strengthen his Newcastle squad in the summer and he is certain to have first option on Ireland.

But with less than two months to impress the Newcastle manager, time appears to be running out for the former Republic of Ireland international.

Pardew, however is relaxed about Ireland's prospects. Pardew said: 'He is under a little bit of pressure because there aren't many games left, but when you've got a player of Stephen's character, I don't think that is a bad thing.

'He's still got time to impress me because I still think there is a chance of something permanent here for Stephen. Things at Villa aren't going too well. But I want to have a good look at him before he goes back. 'He is a player who has played on a big stage in the past, it's not like he is coming from a team which isn't high profile. 'Manchester City have been very high profile, there were big players arriving but he was their best player. I think he can handle the big stage here.

'He's a really nice guy, he's fitted in well. I don't think he needs an arm around the shoulder as such, but he needs our full attention.

'You can't let him drift. He needs to know he is important and that he could be here. If he doesn't feel important he doesn't play his best.

'We knew when we took him we knew he was injured but this thigh strain, like anything when you've been out for a long time, you pick up these little injuries.

'Because of Joey's injury situation, may be we forced him back too early and I think we're at fault a little bit because he's picked up a thigh strain which is unfortunate for him.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1364646/Alan-Pardew-says-Stephen-Ireland-earn-permanent-move.html#ixzz1G9XIi2Q7

Just an instinct, but I don't think Pardew rates Nolan all that much.

If that's true he's gone up in my estimation 50%. He'll go up 100% once he signs some fucker who can play instead of him.

Late night WUMing?

But Pardew feels Nolan still does receive the recognition on the international scene his performances deserve; a fact he has had to get used to since earning the last of two Under-21 caps in 2004.

"Kevin could play for England," said Pardew. "Have there been players who are not as good as him who have played for England? Yes, there have been. Could he play in the future? Personally I would really hope that he would get a cap. If you can deserve a cap for England, he deserves one."

As Newcastle captain Nolan attends a weekly, Monday morning meeting with Pardew at Newcastles training complex in Benton to reflect on the events of the weekend and to discuss any problems.

And during the short time Pardew has been in charge at St James Park he has come to find the 28-year-old is a character - and a talent - worth having inside the changing room.

"But the one thing that I said to him on Monday is that I actually think he is a better player than I thought he was," said Pardew. "That is a compliment to him because we all know he is a good player but he is so efficient. He doesn't really waste possession.

"Wherever it comes to him, whatever angle, he seems to control it and keep the ball. He is not elaborate with the ball. He is not a manoeuverer of the ball. He is efficient with the ball and when it comes in the box he has a nous and a strikers nose for goals. We were looking at it and he must have seven goals from set-plays."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8806822.Pardew_backs_Nolan_for_England/

"Only Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard score as many from midfield as Kevin," said Pardew. "Maybe because of Bolton's style when he was there I didn't think Kevin was as good as he is. Technically he's more accomplished than I gave him credit for. He's as important to us as Gerrard and Lampard are to their teams."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/28/newcastle-united-bolton-wanderers-premier-league

I've got more faith in Pardew to call time on Nolan's first team involvement than i did so with Hughton... but i think he'll be a permanent fixture ont he teamsheet atleast for another season.

Those quotes from Pardew mean nowt tbh. Megson said much of the same before selling him.

The same Megson that "didn't particularly want him to go" & enquired about resigning him

"We'll see, because we were told that Newcastle needed to move one or two

players about due to the fact they had been relegated.'

Nolan scored his first goal for Newcastle last weekend against Crystal Palace and followed it up with the winning strike in the Magpies' 4-3 victory over Huddersfield in the Carling Cup on Wednesday.

Megson admitted that Nolan had dipped in form since being backed for an England   call-up two years ago, but was confident the midfielder was rediscovering his touch and had it in him to return to the highest level.

'I have a lot of time for Kevin and I think he's got some great qualities,' Megson said. 'I do believe he took his foot off the gas a little bit for a few years, but I also believe that he can get back to those standards he was showing a few years ago

'We've missed him, but not just as a player. Kevin wasn't doing what he was well known for, which was getting goals.

'When I first joined the club I think he got five in six but then didn't score again for a long time before he left, and he didn't score for Newcastle in the Premier League.

'But I think he's now just again starting to show what he can do and I think when he's really at it - well, he's a talented lad.'

Nolan was club captain at the Reebok Stadium before moving to the north east and Megson paid tribute to his leadership qualities.

'He was important to the football club and he's a good lad, he gives it everything he's got. 'In the dressing room he's a great leader. He might upset one or two people, but you're going to do that if you want to get performances.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209335/Gary-Megson-confirms-bid-bring-Kevin-Nolan-Bolton-Newcastle-loan.html#ixzz1G9eAyXqW

So do we go off you posting above Pardew quotes now? I know a few posters look up to you but this is next level stuff.

Mate, I said it was an instinct - and I stand by it. We've both just established that throwaway monday - friday quotes from managers are generally worth less than the rags that put them in print.

I like the club peddling Carroll's injury as an excuse for taking the money and yet he's on the field long before the temporary bloke they got on the same day.

Never heard anything so stupid as signing an injured loan player. It's practically an oxymoron. Cheap though. :thup: