Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it just me or is Steven Taylor far, far more popular amongst our general support than on here?  This extends to the likes of True Faith and The Mag from what I've seen - I mainly see him getting slagged off on here and nowhere else.

Absolutely. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it often seems as if a minority on here form an opinion and then others adopt this opinion themselves.

Nothing against Saylor personally. An average Premier League defender and as we're barely an average Premier League club, he shall suffice.

Guest toonlass

I honestly dunno if Newcastle United has ever had a more punchable face than Stephen Ireland.

Mike Ashley? Derek Llambias?

Is it just me or is Steven Taylor far, far more popular amongst our general support than on here?  This extends to the likes of True Faith and The Mag from what I've seen - I mainly see him getting slagged off on here and nowhere else.

Absolutely. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it often seems as if a minority on here form an opinion and then others adopt this opinion themselves.

Nothing against Saylor personally. An average Premier League defender and as we're barely an average Premier League club, he shall suffice.

I was going to say how I agree with you before realising that that could be interpreted to be an example of exactly what I'm agreeing with so, instead I'm going to tell you how horribly wrong you are because I don't want to be seen as one of those sheep.

You wrong! Fool.  :tiote:

Guest BooBoo

Good observation. The views on here are usually a lot more intense/ hysterical than the SJP crowd.

Guest firetotheworks

My Steven Taylor hate stems from me thinking he's shite, but as a person it stems from the people I know who went to school with him. Every single one of them, whose judgement I trust 100% have told me, and given the same examples of just how much of a concrete titwank he is.

This is a guy who once - when we were on Sky - shielded the ball out of play at the Leazes, immediately stuck his chest out in anticipation of the camera, then started pointing and shouting at literally no one.

Absolute fucking arsehole.

This is a guy who once - when we were on Sky - shielded the ball out of play at the Leazes, immediately stuck his chest out in anticipation of the camera, then started pointing and shouting at literally no one.

Absolute f***ing arsehole.

:lol: I'd love to see that video like. What a twat.

Absolute fucking arsehole.

was it John Terry?  Sounds like John Terry.

There's little doubt he's a daft s*** off the pitch, but I struggle to bring myself to hate someone who gives 100% whenever he pulls on the shirt. Each to their own though.

Same.  Don't get the people who hate our own players when the worst they've done is not being good enough.  I guess you'll always find people like that in life.

Guest firetotheworks

There's a difference between giving your all and being humble ala Alan O'Brian/Aaron Hughes, and giving your all and blaming others and thinking you're Maldini.

My Steven Taylor hate stems from me thinking he's s****, but as a person it stems from the people I know who went to school with him. Every single one of them, whose judgement I trust 100% have told me, and given the same examples of just how much of a concrete titwank he is.

my nephew wa,s for a while involved in the city boys set up and played with and against many of the local lads making there way now through the academy. the vast majority of these kids are arrogant arseholes due to football being the way it is.