MLS

Kaizero

that Omar Gonzalez kinda looks like a latin Mike Williamson, scored a goal basically off a set piece. its a sign. 

Kid's got a bright future. Already a better player than Willo, which isn't saying much mind :lol:

I wonder if we have eyes on the MLS.

We'd be wise to. Whole lot of young talent in the league. Cameron has done an awesome job at Stoke despite never having played RB before this year. Espinoza from SKC is definitely headed to Wigan in the January window.

I'd like to see us take a look at Pontius from DCU. Shapes out as an ideal left forward in a 4-3-3.

you'd think that signing an up and coming American to exploit the rising popularity of Football in America, would be of interest to Ashley

He signed Good just to sate aussiemag, least he could do is throw a bone to the Americans here :lol:

We'd be wise to. Whole lot of young talent in the league. Cameron has done an awesome job at Stoke despite never having played RB before this year. Espinoza from SKC is definitely headed to Wigan in the January window.

I'd like to see us take a look at Pontius from DCU. Shapes out as an ideal left forward in a 4-3-3.

I admire your enthusiasm, Deuce, but I must say there's other areas of the globe I'd rather we targeted first.

I admire your enthusiasm, Deuce, but I must say there's other areas of the globe I'd rather we targeted first.

Gotta rep my home league :lol:

It'd be more practical to look into South America though

Wish we had been in for Cameron looking back on it. I never though he'd adapt this quickly to the premier league and despite being relatively new on the American scene he is already like 27 or something. Just shows that the MLS needs to get it's players going at a younger age (via academies instead of college) then maybe more would have a chance to move to Europe.

Wish we had been in for Cameron looking back on it. I never though he'd adapt this quickly to the premier league and despite being relatively new on the American scene he is already like 27 or something. Just shows that the MLS needs to get it's players going at a younger age (via academies instead of college) then maybe more would have a chance to move to Europe.

The blessing in disguise about college ball is that it kind of incubates American players. Yes, the quality of college soccer is pretty awful, but Cameron at 27 years old has experienced a lot less wear and tear than the average European or South American 27-year old player.

Take Saylor for instance, 6 months younger but has 223 career appearances to Cameron's 152, even after all the time Saylor's missed from injuries.

World game is going to be filled with loads of 35+ Americans that can still get the job done.

Look at Friedel, that rickety old bastard. Still moves like a cat.

Cherundolo is still firing on all cylinders for Hannover, despite being 35.

We aren't looking outside Europe IIRC. Think Carr was talking about wanting players that'd take as little time as possible adjusting to the premier league or something.

Considering Pards wants to play a strict and boring 4-4-2, maybe he should look more to MLS. Majority of teams there still employ it, might be able to find some players who can actually execute :lol:

The blessing in disguise about college ball is that it kind of incubates American players. Yes, the quality of college soccer is pretty awful, but Cameron at 27 years old has experienced a lot less wear and tear than the average European or South American 27-year old player.

Take Saylor for instance, 6 months younger but has 223 career appearances to Cameron's 152, even after all the time Saylor's missed from injuries.

yup fair point, when you look at it that way. unfortunately it doesn't allow for a long career in Europe, but better a short one than none at all.

• 1 month later...