MLS

Kaizero

Sometimes I wonder if I wish there were a place in the States that I knew readily took bets on things like this.  It's all kind of shysty in America when it comes to betting on sports that aren't horse/dog racing.

:lol: It'd be incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy O`Brien signs with the whitecaps, solid signing for them. Comes across very humble in the interview.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012/08/wfc-add-o%E2%80%99brien

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012/08/new-whitecaps-fc-defender-obrien-my-resume-means-nothing

just got home from holidays and was going post this,nice to have an ex newcastle player in the team,should be a good signing. was at the airport yesterday to welcome home the b.c contingent of the womens football team,christine sinclair,sophie schmidt,emily zurrer and chirstina le blanc was a big crowd there,they seem to be over the travesty of the u.s match (fucking ref.lol,i'm still not),but there was a ton of young girls there,which will be the next generation of footballers,which bodes well for the future,can only imagine what it would have been like if they hadn't been robbed of a chance to play for gold. now if we can only get the mens program up to speed,all would be well.

Good to hear women's team here did themselves credit. Looking forward to seeing how the English and Canadian teams develop for the next world cup.

Decent win for the Canadian mens team tonight too, especially with a few younglings. Stunned it wasn't televised anywhere over here even if it was a friendly, basically sums up why the national team is far behind the US set up. Biggest played sport in the country yet zero money invested by the government to make an improvement.

I hate seeing players like De Guzman and Hoilett snub playing for Canada but there is a part of me that understands why, would be nice if they committed and tried to help build something instead of desperately searching for loopholes to play for another country.

Good to hear women's team here did themselves credit. Looking forward to seeing how the English and Canadian teams develop for the next world cup.

Decent win for the Canadian mens team tonight too, especially with a few younglings. Stunned it wasn't televised anywhere over here even if it was a friendly, basically sums up why the national team is far behind the US set up. Biggest played sport in the country yet zero money invested by the government to make an improvement.

I hate seeing players like De Guzman and Hoilett snub playing for Canada but there is a part of me that understands why, would be nice if they committed and tried to help build something instead of desperately searching for loopholes to play for another country.

The CMNT has potential to be quite good. Would be a real threat in CONCACAF if they had the likes of De Guzman and Hoilett. Still, they're my darkhorse pick for the WC this next cycle.

Some good young players coming up through the system too.

Sometimes I wonder if I wish there were a place in the States that I knew readily took bets on things like this.  It's all kind of shysty in America when it comes to betting on sports that aren't horse/dog racing.

:lol: It'd be incredible.

Don't worry - it's coming. NJ is about to blow shit up.

Union traded Pajoy for Danny Cruz.

Don't know shit about Cruz other than he's 5ft 8. I'm assuming the MLS offers bonuses for having the worlds shortest strikeforce, given that Pajoy was probably the only striker Union have taller than 5ft 9.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Timbers/Sounders starts in a little under an hour.  Should be a cracking atmosphere.  Looking forward to the Timbers tifo, they always go above and beyond against the Sounders.

This is what happened last time Seattle came to town:

On a side note, I think it's awesome that the club works with the supporters group (Timbers Army) to facilitate these kinds of shows.  They work really closely with each other.

Freddy Adu is rubbish to the point that it is somewhat depressing to watch. If you see him on the ball, he has at least a bit of quality, but he struggles to have any real impact on the game, even at this low of a level. Looking at him too, he's carrying a bit too much weight (you can see it in his neck) and is still physically weak and small.

• 1 month later...

He's the U.S. version of Gio Dos Santos, plays great for the national side and terribly for his club.

Yes, Sem, this is me admitting that he's played like complete shit this year. :lol:

:smugdog:

Better late than never.

:lol: Ya caught me

Re: the above graphic. MLS generally does a pretty good job of putting their stuff out there in "trendy" ways. They've done well to market the league and sport. Probably has much to do with the fact that it's much smaller, but MLS feels much more like a community than any other footie league (or even among other American sports leagues). I really like how interactive their website is.

And maybe it's the American in me, but I find the playoff format so much more rewarding. Granted, the MLS format needs fixed (over half the teams qualify for playoffs), but I like not having a champion decided until the very last game. Last season was the first time in how long the race for the PL came down to the last game?

• 5 weeks later...

And maybe it's the American in me, but I find the playoff format so much more rewarding. Granted, the MLS format needs fixed (over half the teams qualify for playoffs), but I like not having a champion decided until the very last game. Last season was the first time in how long the race for the PL came down to the last game?

Oh, is this the secret thread where we can say that the game would be improved incredibly by playoffs?

Oh, is this the secret thread where we can say that the game would be improved incredibly by playoffs?

Blasphemous apparently. Despite its veracity!