MLS

Kaizero

Orlando stadium vote passes, congrats :thup:

The guy backing the Detroit bid will find out this week if he gets the land to build a stadium. It's between him and Dan Gilbert.

Great news for Orlando. Should fast-track them to expansion in 2015.

I think that's the plan from MLS.

This is great news today.  I most likely won't be here when it's finished but I'll relish being back to visit and catch a match.

Looking forward to those Fiorentina-esque kits.

Wonder what they'll do if any rebrand of logo/kits/colors. Have they done that to any of the other USL to MLS teams? Adidas MLS kits are class, looking forward to that with Orlando on it. I'll be getting some class season tickets as well.

Hope they don't touch or modify anything to the Fio style home kits.

Looking forward to those Fiorentina-esque kits.

Wonder what they'll do if any rebrand of logo/kits/colors. Have they done that to any of the other USL to MLS teams? Adidas MLS kits are class, looking forward to that with Orlando on it. I'll be getting some class season tickets as well.

Hope they don't touch or modify anything to the Fio style home kits.

Montreal got a new badge and kit overhaul. I imagine something similar could happen for Orlando. Just a little touch-up.

Actually the same happened for Seattle, Vancouver, and Portland as well.

Cheers Deuce, I'd imagine they'd clean up our badge and then get us a class adidas kit design with our current colors. I'm OK with all of that...

My dream is still alive:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/06/19/rumor-central-if-orlando-city-sc-join-mls-2015-head-coach-adrian-heath-says-

Our new potential Brazilian owner will help with that ie: Kaka.

He's all set to take over the club as majority owner provided we get MLS approval. Brazilian tourism to Orlando is HUGE as well.

The 5-year wait could be a blessing in disguise. He won't be prematurely subjected to international football like so many young American players in recent years (unless Uruguay calls him up and he changes his mind).

Or he could be the next Donovan and break-out at 20 and we miss out for 3 years.

The 5-year wait could be a blessing in disguise. He won't be prematurely subjected to international football like so many young American players in recent years (unless Uruguay calls him up and he changes his mind).

Or he could be the next Donovan and break-out at 20 and we miss out for 3 years.

Biggest issue to me is if he receives an offer from Europe and has to leave the country without fulfilling the 5 years residency requirement. How long has he lived in the US?

Since he was 5. He'll have to return to the US every six months to fulfill it, even if it's just for a day, which shouldn't be impossible. Same thing with Darlington Nagbe, although he's married to an American women so it's only going to take three years for him.

Moved with his family when he was 5, so I guess 13 years or so. But I think he'll need a full 5 more years since he just received his green card.

It would also be to his benefit to remain in MLS and grow as a player, imo. No need to rush him to Europe, he's only 18 now. But I can't say I'd blame him (or be surprised) if he made the jump in the next few seasons.

edit: A-toon :thup:

Diego Fagundez wants to get his U.S. citizenship so he can play for the national team

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/10/23/new-england-revolutions-diego-fagundez-confirms-hes-seeking-us-citizenship-s

I'm biased having watched most of his games, but this guy looks like a real good prospect. 17 goals in 56 appearances playing mainly as a winger and still just 18. (Far more impressive than Agudelo) He has the talent to play in Europe, I just hope he waits and picks the right time to make the jump.

DC United's leading scorer this season: own goal :lol: There's been four for them, they have two guys on three goals.

Don't understand how they got so s***, it looked like they were a team on the rise after last seasons playoffs.

Hope the Revolution can sneak into the playoffs here and finish off a decent season.

They've been awful. De Rosario is finished, Pontius and DeLeon have done nothing this season, their defense is terrible, they lack a CM, and they haven't had a true striker since Luciano Emilio. Winning the U.S. Open Cup is a small (and miraculous) consolation. Ownership is sticking by Olsen, but you can't have much worse of a season than he's had this year.

Good news is, they've got some good young players to build around. Luis Silva, Jared Jeffrey, Collin Martin, and Conor Doyle (if they can sign him on a full transfer from Derby County). Along with Kitchen, Kemp, and DeLeon.

They could use a good veteran player like Jermaine Jones if he makes the jump. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how keen he is on living in D.C. or if they can afford him.

It's official:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8998475/david-beckham-picks-miami-as-final-choice-for-mls-franchise

David Beckham has selected Miami as the city where he intends to set up a Major League Soccer franchise, according to Sky sources.

While a deal to complete Beckham's move into ownership is yet to be agreed, it is understood the former England captain has named Miami as his final choice.

He has an option to buy a franchise for £15m, although he will face competition from around the world if he is to realise his ambition of owning an MLS club.

The option to buy a franchise was included in Beckham's original MLS contract back in 2007, but he will face competition from up to 12 investor groups who have also registered an interest in setting up an expansion team.

It is understood that should Beckham win the race to set up a team in Miami, he could then look to sell it to potential investors for almost treble the discounted £15m asking price.

That figure is a quarter of the price Manchester City paid, in partnership with the New York Yankees, to launch New York City FC from 2015.

Florida has had no top-flight team since 2001, when the Miami Fusion and Tampa Bay Mutiny last operated.

Beckham has been expected to launch an MLS franchise since ending his five-year stay at LA Galaxy last December.

The 38-year-old then retired from the game completely, following a brief stint at Paris St Germain, at the end of last season and was reportedly in the US earlier this year to size up potential locations.

At present the MLS consists of 19 franchises, but there are plans to expand it to 24 by 2020.