MLS

Kaizero

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic / Tragic own goal scored by KC in tonight's game in Vancouver.  Defender headed a lob over his keeper and it gently bounced in, slowly, painfully, hilariously.  I don't know why I'm watching this. Sunday night baseball was supposed to be on this channel.  :lol:

Fantastic / Tragic own goal scored by KC in tonight's game in Vancouver.  Defender headed a lob over his keeper and it gently bounced in, slowly, painfully, hilariously.  I don't know why I'm watching this. Sunday night baseball was supposed to be on this channel.  :lol:

:lol: Wouldn't want to miss Braves vs Nats, right? :suicide:

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Leiweke leaving MLSE (owners of Toronto FC). Guy who brought Beckham to LA, Bradley & Defoe to Toronto.

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/08/21/tim-leiweke-toronto-fc-mlse-ceo

Sees a club in the NE of England he's going to buy. Will team up with the likes of William Gates and make us the greatest club of all time.

You joke but MLSE and the people linked with them have been rumoured to buy a Premiership club for years, of course they have all denied it.

I can certainly see him buying a club of his own.

Toronto FC continues its annual tradition of firing the manager - Ryan Nelsen and his staff all sacked.

Toronto FC has fired manager Ryan Nelsen and his entire coaching staff in the wake of Nelsen's public dressing down of general manager Tim Bezbatchenko.

The official announcement was to be made at a 4 p.m. news conference Sunday, but Nelsen confirmed the firing to The Canadian Press.

There could be more change in the offing. Star striker Jermain Defoe could be headed to England's Queens Park Rangers, according to someone close to the situation.

Nelsen declined to go into reasons for his dismissal. But it is clear that he and Bezbatchenko were at odds with the rookie GM flexing his muscle in the wake of news that MLSE CEO Tim Leiweke, a champion of Nelsen and the team, was planning to leave.

Nelsen, in his second year at Toronto's helm, was one win away from matching Toronto's franchise high of 10 — with 10 games to go.

But in the wake of Saturday's 3-0 loss to New England, he put himself in the firing line after lambasting Bezbatchenko at the post-game news conference for telling reporters on the eve of the game that the team had to do better.

The loss dropped Toronto's record to 9-9-6.

Zardes got a brace after that, pretty impressive run he's put together. Still looks really raw, but so much better than last season, could be in for a chance in Europe at some point. It's a shame thinking about how good he could be at 23 if he didn't spend his prime developing years at CSU-Bakersfield.

Zardes got a brace after that, pretty impressive run he's put together. Still looks really raw, but so much better than last season, could be in for a chance in Europe at some point. It's a shame thinking about how good he could be at 23 if he didn't spend his prime developing years at CSU-Bakersfield.

Yeah since I knew he was a home-grown player, I thought he'd be 20 or maybe 21.

but he looked really good. He definitely has the look of someone who could make it Europe if he keeps on progressing like this. Most ever goals by home-grown player now too, I think

TORONTO -- Tim Leiweke, the man who brought Jermain Defoe to Toronto FC, appears ready to show the England striker the door.

Defoe's future has been in doubt since Toronto manager Ryan Nelsen was fired Aug. 31 and the MLS team revealed it had turned down a club record bid for the 31-year-old forward.

There has been rampant speculation that Defoe, currently nursing a groin injury back in England, wants to return to his homeland.

"I personally don't think Defoe will come back. I think if he doesn't want to be here, you get rid of him," Leiweke, president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, told Ryerson students at the Ted Rogers School of Management on Thursday.

WORDMARK: MLS stands for Major League Soccer.

SLASH: The slash refers to soccer's speed and energy. The slash begins outside the perimeter and drives upward at a 45-degree angle to illustrate both the nonstop nature of our game and the rising trajectory of our league. It bisects the crest to create a "first half" and "second half."

STARS: The three stars represent the pillars of our brand: For Club, For Country, For Community.

PERIMETER: The perimeter represents the lines that mark off the field of play.

FIRST HALF AND SECOND HALF: The first half contains MLS and the three stars. The second half is an open white space that brings you in and out of the MLS world.

:lol: FOH.