Romário

Tooj

Romario: After Bobby Robson  left PSV in 1999, he went to England & invited me to come along. I can't remember the name of the club but I remember I preferred to stay in Rio. Rio is the place I feel fine. I think I would have done just fine in England. Football is football & goal scoring is needed everywhere.

THAT WAS US!!!  Could you imagine that squat arse c*** playing for us!!!! He still had a bit in the tank in 1999.

Salgado has been a good signing for 442, class act.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,64846.msg2751303.html#msg2751303

Magnificent player, probably the most technically gifted I have seen wearing our shirt. Also a lazy arse that could have been one of the true greats if he had bothered.

Yup. It's a shame he stayed at PSV for too long, and was only at Barca a couple of seasons.

I'd like to know how many of his goals were directly assisted from Laudrup as well.

I've posted this before, but one of my favourite parts of Bobby's autobiography was the chapter in which he asserts that he struggled to get Ronaldo off the training pitch almost as much as he struggled to get Romario onto it.

What a player, and what a playboy. He wanted to reach his 1000 goals in his career so he decided to include goals and youth level and in friendly matches. What a legend. When he got cut off the national team for the '98 World Cup in France was very emotional and I'll never forget his goals in the '94 World Cup especially the two he scored against Sweden. The first one in the grupstage and then the header in the semi-finals. Great memories of a great playboy ;) How many kids does he have?

I've just been reading the piece on him in this month's FourFourTwo, apparently Bobby tried to sign him for us in '99. Although he couldn't remember what team it was for like.  :thup:  :lol:

just read that here...

what could have been....Shearer and Romario up front.... :laugh2:

“After (Sir) Bobby Robson left PSV in 1999, he went to England and invited me to come along. I can’t remember the name of the club, but I remember I preferred to stay in Rio.

“Rio is the place I feel fine. I think I would have have done just fine in England. Football is football and goal-scoring is needed everywhere.”

:angry:

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/50160/Newcastle_United_Romario_reveals_Toon_army_snub.aspx?