Transfer Deadline Day thread

JH

Is this deadline day worse than the one where we signed Sibierski?

Of course it is.  We've been fucked over by some cunt the club made who claimed to love the club in one and got a player in for nowt  as a journeyman who delivered far more than we hoped with much more heart than we expected in in the other.

Guest kingdawson

Well done Blackpool, for having the guts to hold on to their main asset

They accepted our bid. It's pure luck he's still a Blackpool player (for us and them tbh).

Pure luck? The window was always shutting at 11pm

Really? you don't say?

Pure luck in a sense that we agreed a fee, agreed everything and it fell through last minute due to a missing signature. It's down to our incompetence not Blackpool's resilience.

They accepted our bid. It's pure luck he's still a Blackpool player (for us and them tbh).

Really? you don't say?

Pure luck in a sense that we agreed a fee, agreed everything and it fell through last minute due to a missing signature. It's down to our incompetence not Blackpool's resilience.

Then it has absolutely nothing to do with pure luck if it is down to incompetence. 

Guest kingdawson

Really? you don't say?

Then it has absolutely nothing to do with pure luck if it is down to incompetence. 

I refuse to believe someone is this slow in 2011. It's pure luck on Blackpool's part because they didn't reject the bid. In fact they accepted the bid so it's lucky for them that we're so bad in conducting transfer deals.

Nothing to do with the original posters remarks about "Blackpool having guts holding on to their main asset".

Gio Dos Santos to Racing on loan.

I don't understand why he isn't living up to his potential. Gio in a Mexican shirt is terrifying.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY0f0hqDgv-B7Myl_k_xs55nkh_QoYgDPllOd4-Ef17c3AjQEG

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU3Aci9wA6xZO5MWavL4PkiRCfO6n24UYMNroZSjoS1rqqBk7CLw

Close enough :thup:

Gio Dos Santos to Racing on loan.

I don't understand why he isn't living up to his potential. Gio in a Mexican shirt is terrifying.

Agreed.  Especially when he plays for a Spurs side that I think has a lot of similarities to the Mexican NT (very fluid).

Wouldn't mind seeing him here to be honest. 

Guest sittingontheball

I would have thought 5M would get Elmander, just as one example. That would be 300 grand a game for the rest of the season to Bolton.

The fee for Carroll is in "acceptable" territory, but not replacing him (or even just getting in a backup since he's injured) is incompetent again.

With Ireland, it means the last three players we've signed have all been injured at the time.

Only positive is that Jose, Barton, and Tiote didn't go. There's no way we'd get their true value.