Transfer Deadline Day thread

JH

And here we go again.

24 (well 23) hours of non-stop Sky Sports News, Twitter and stupid text rumours of 'sightings' of players in around the cities of England.

For those that aren't aware, the windows closes for English clubs at 11pm. Except for Spurs like, who get an extra 3 weeks.

Some big deals being mooted including Torres to Chelsea, Adam and Young to Liverpool and anybody who has 'ST' next to their player position going to Spurs.

Ireland in, Xisco out - will we get any more? Probably not, but that won't stop David Craig stood outside St James Park chomping away on his bacon sarnies as he watches the shadows of Pardew and Llambias as they play a game of "Pin the tail on the donkey".

Let the madness begin...

Still find it strange how much suddenly explodes on the last day. Why couldn't Spurs spend the last month negotiating instead of getting to the last day and throwing loads of money around in the hope someone randomly bites?

Bizarre.

Briefly mentioned in another thread, but I reckon we'll make a late move for Larsson. That'll be it and concludes another good January window for us.

In general, Torres will stay, Adam will go to Liverpool, Bradley to Villa, West Ham will panic buy 3 or 4 players, Spurs will fluke somebody VdV style (maybe Forlan), Chelsea will get a defender, Everton will find a striker and there'll be a few loan deals going around.

Ireland, Larsson and a forward on loan (Sturridge if Chelsea get a forward).

I'd be delighted.I'd go to St James Park and be one of those deluded Geordies as I strip naked, cover myself in honey and sing "We're Newcastle and we're going to win the league" over and over again in David Craig's face.

Well ok, maybe too far. But I'd be happy :lol:

I'd be delighted.I'd go to St James Park and be one of those deluded Geordies as I strip naked, cover myself in honey and sing "We're Newcastle and we're going to win the league" over and over again in David Craig's face.

David Craig for the last 2 seasons has been getting his munchies from Sunderland.

Still find it strange how much suddenly explodes on the last day. Why couldn't Spurs spend the last month negotiating instead of getting to the last day and throwing loads of money around in the hope someone randomly bites?

Bizarre.

On the Spurs front you have a point. But often players just suddenly become available on loan/on the cheap when clubs think there's no chance.

That's why I think we could end up with Larsson. It's either sell him tomorrow, or they lose him for nowt in the summer.

Still think we need a pacy striker who can nab a couple of goals, and we'd be mad to not even try to bring one in.

Routledge and Xisco out, Ireland and CF in. Can't complain with that.

I think we have an offer on the table for someone else - Pardew virtually confirmed as much in that Radio Newcastle interview - but whether it happens is another story. Probably Larsson as mentioned.

Image of someone nose to nose with DC screaming 'We're Newcastle and we're going to win the league' :lol:

Read in the paper today Yannick Djalo has handed in a transfer request after Sporting rejected a £2.4m bid for him from Boro, they want £4m...is he worth hijacking?

Sounds on paper a good possible partner for Carroll