Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Essentially the key here is that we need a 'standing' area.

All grounds should have them.

Simple.

I was really hacked off yesterday (still am) and came across as a total penis, which was out of order.

I wasn't trying to have a pop at anyone or any other part of the ground, just venting my frustrations at an area which helps atmosphere (not saying it's the ONLY atmosphere) is being torn apart for his fun.

Apologies to anyone who picked me up the wrong way and if I sounded like a spoilt brat.

Theres arounbd 2,000/3,000 fans who stand in thr leazes corner, if every one of those re-located to say leazes level 4 they'd have the same problem - how do we chuck out 3,000 fans? They cant, if enough people move to the same place then they have the power, so if momentum can be gathered and theres awarenss about where we are moving to then the standing should automatically follow.

You do realise the standing problem isn't a club problem, well it is in the sense they have to show they are preventing it but if fans keep doing it then that section of the ground could end up closed. Noubt to do with the club it's to do with Health and Safety. Unfair maybe but that's the rules. So whilst 3000 fans can intimidate the stewards to not force them out that could back fire badly.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Essentially the key here is that we need a 'standing' area.

All grounds should have them.

Simple.

I was really hacked off yesterday (still am) and came across as a total penis, which was out of order.

I wasn't trying to have a pop at anyone or any other part of the ground, just venting my frustrations at an area which helps atmosphere (not saying it's the ONLY atmosphere) is being torn apart for his fun.

Apologies to anyone who picked me up the wrong way and if I sounded like a spoilt brat.

Theres arounbd 2,000/3,000 fans who stand in thr leazes corner, if every one of those re-located to say leazes level 4 they'd have the same problem - how do we chuck out 3,000 fans? They cant, if enough people move to the same place then they have the power, so if momentum can be gathered and theres awarenss about where we are moving to then the standing should automatically follow.

You do realise the standing problem isn't a club problem, well it is in the sense they have to show they are preventing it but if fans keep doing it then that section of the ground could end up closed. Noubt to do with the club it's to do with Health and Safety. Unfair maybe but that's the rules. So whilst 3000 fans can intimidate the stewards to not force them out that could back fire badly.

That's where the upper Gallowgate scores. It's not as visible an area for TV etc.

'United For Newcastle' statement following announcement of new stadium plans for 2011/12

United for Newcastle appreciate that a ten-year “price freeze” on season tickets and the introduction of a discount scheme will benefit a lot of Newcastle supporters. In this tough economic climate, fans will be thankful of discounts and price freezes, and as such we welcome this move.

However, alongside the ten-year price freeze, the club have also announced a change to the plans at the stadium, the most-talked about being the changes to Level 7 of the Leazes End, and transforming it into part of an enlarged family area.

United for Newcastle feel that by breaking up the fans in Level 7 of the Leazes End, the hierarchy at the club has shown a significant lack of consideration towards some of the loudest, and most passionate supporters in the stadium.  This, alongside the fact that the generally quieter family section will now replace the fans in Level 7, shows just how poorly thought out a decision this is. Let’s not forget it was under Ashley’s ownership that the club announced “the Leazes Corner, is for fans who are willing to sing and generate a generally very noisy atmosphere.”  Scrapping this 'singing corner' will, we believe, be of detrimental effect to the atmosphere within St. James Park.

United for Newcastle also ask where fans from Level 7 will be expected to go?  Will the club suggest a new location for the ‘singing section’, where all fans are also happy to stand during matches?  We understand there are no plans to relocate the singing section.  We ask why?  These are questions fans are asking, and want answers for.

The new plans also include the proposal for the away support allocation to increase from 2,800 to 4,000 seats. Just how many clubs visiting St James’ sell out their current allocation, let alone 4,000 tickets?  Considering that it is only in crunch-ties and against large clubs that the away allocation seems to sell out, United for Newcastle are concerned that allowing fewer Newcastle fans into the stadium in these important matches will have a detrimental impact on the players on the pitch, who rely on the fans' fantastic support.

United for Newcastle will thus write an open letter to the club and local journalists urging talks between the administration at Newcastle United and supporters, particularly those who will lose their seats in the Level 7 section of the Leazes End. We hope that the club will match our expectations by - if not reconsidering the move - to suggest a suitable replacement for the singing section (with some already suggesting Level 4 of the Leazes End as a possible replacement).

This is an issue that we hope can be solved quickly and efficiently for the benefit of both the club and its supporters.

Good email/letter. But i dont think it should mention standing, like someone has already said its not actually the club who implements the no standing rule.

I currently sit in L7 and im getting evicted. So fair play to those trying to organise a new 'section'!

Guest TheSummerOf69

The new plans also include the proposal for the away support allocation to increase from 2,800 to 4,000 seats. Just how many clubs visiting St James’ sell out their current allocation, let alone 4,000 tickets?  Considering that it is only in crunch-ties and against large clubs that the away allocation seems to sell out, United for Newcastle are concerned that allowing fewer Newcastle fans into the stadium in these important matches will have a detrimental impact on the players on the pitch, who rely on the fans' fantastic support.

Isn't it a Premier League rule that 10% goes to away fans?

We've been given special dispensation in the past because we had so many season ticket holders, but that's not the case anymore. I'm sure they'll still look to sell extra tickets to home fans if the away team doesn't want all their tickets, but the long years of sell-out St James's every week - and a waiting list for season tickets - seem to have went the same way as ambition and communicating honestly with the fans.

And I agree that standing shouldn't be mentioned. It just gives the club licence to say they are trying to implement the law, which specifies "no standing". A blind eye being turned is the best anyone can hope for on that one, and that's more likely at the top of the Gallowgate - and definitely not being mentioned officially.

Guest icemanblue

Good email/letter. But i dont think it should mention standing, like someone has already said its not actually the club who implements the no standing rule.

I currently sit in L7 and im getting evicted. So fair play to those trying to organise a new 'section'!

:lol: Exactly, shot yourself in the foot a bit there!

:lol: Exactly, shot yourself in the foot a bit there!

I think he's doing it on purpose now. Why can't any of these 'fans groups' be reasonable in their public statements?

Aye good letter mate but I'd leave out the stadning comment as it could cause problems. Spot on with everything else.

OK, we'll take it out.

Btw, that isn't the letter to the club, it's literally a statement of intent.

Give them a break, man.

They're complaining, understandably, about the fact that hundreds of fans are being displaced and are required to pay £100+ more if they wish to keep a season ticket.

So what if their statements aren't perfect? At least they're attempting to do something about  :clap:

Give them a break, man.

They're complaining, understandably, about the fact that hundreds of fans are being displaced and are required to pay £100+ more if they wish to keep a season ticket.

So what if their statements aren't perfect? At least they're attempting to do something about  :clap:

This tbh. As long as they're not badly spelled or defamatory then I have no issue, although I'd take out the standing bit.

Give them a break, man.

How many of these hundreds of displaced fans won't be able to get a ticket in the expanded family enclosure, or in the young person area?

Of those, how many will now be able to take advantage of the new monthly direct debit and the 10-fixed price freeze? That additional £100-200 will soon come back to them.

It's not perfect, but it genuinely seems as though a certain section are trying to use every last thing to complain about the ownership/get their name in the news. Especially as they don't even sit in L7.

The likes of BowlingCrofty - fair play to him for coming back on and apologising/explaining his intial anger - have something to be upset about. I would hope that if he contacts the customer relations team at the club, then they might be able to offer something for people like BC to sweeten the transaction (maybe a bit extra discount, etc.)

The annoyance about not being able to 'stand' without any problems is not one we can level at the club, it was something they were willing (for whatever reason) to turn a blind eye to for the past 3 years but now (for whatever reason cough*FCB*cough) they no longer want to promote.

OK, the standing part is gone ...

Finally have Simon Esland's email address, he's also said I can give him a call tomorrow. What questions would you like us to ask?

- Was the clubs decision to extend the family enclosure based on the fact there's a large number of people under the age of 21 and/or families sitting there?

- Do the club understand the benefit that a singing section can have on performances on the pitch?

- Would the club try to block any attempts by fans to set up an unofficial singing section if they're unable to support us in setting up a new one? If so, why?

Give them a break, man.

How many of these hundreds of displaced fans won't be able to get a ticket in the expanded family enclosure, or in the young person area?

Of those, how many will now be able to take advantage of the new monthly direct debit and the 10-fixed price freeze? That additional £100-200 will soon come back to them.

It's not perfect, but it genuinely seems as though a certain section are trying to use every last thing to complain about the ownership/get their name in the news. Especially as they don't even sit in L7.

The likes of BowlingCrofty - fair play to him for coming back on and apologising/explaining his intial anger - have something to be upset about. I would hope that if he contacts the customer relations team at the club, then they might be able to offer something for people like BC to sweeten the transaction (maybe a bit extra discount, etc.)

The annoyance about not being able to 'stand' without any problems is not one we can level at the club, it was something they were willing (for whatever reason) to turn a blind eye to for the past 3 years but now (for whatever reason cough*FCB*cough) they no longer want to promote.

I sit in Level 7, I'm too old to take advantage of the 18-21 section and I'm not too happy about having to shell out £120 plus extra next season for a season ticket in an area of the ground I don't even want to sit in where I'm probably going to gave to sit knee to back with some dull twat who complains about pretty much everything. Do I have a right to whinge?

Finally have Simon Esland's email address, he's also said I can give him a call tomorrow. What questions would you like us to ask?

- Was the clubs decision to extend the family enclosure based on the fact there's a large number of people under the age of 21 and/or families sitting there?

- Do the club understand the benefit that a singing section can have on performances on the pitch?

- Would the club try to block any attempts by fans to set up an unofficial singing section if they're unable to support us in setting up a new one? If so, why?

Fair questions.

Give them a break, man.

Exactly.  The reason we post statements on here before sending them out is to gain feedback and support.  If anyone wants to join us and our team, they're more than welcome. 

Thanks everyone for your feedback, and for helping to make our message stronger.

Are they even able to answer that? If they say "no" then it will be construed as the club giving their blessing, which won't go down well with the H&SE :(

They're socially and professionally obliged to be negative towards the idea as public safety has to be paramount inside the stadium, even at the expense of common sense.

I'd like to know:

- Why are they increasing the size of the family enclosure and relocating it to the away fans, when for the vast majority of this season and the two before it, Milburn Family enclosure and Milburn stand have spare seats?

- Why are they increasing away team ticket allocation when the majority of teams fail to bring substantial numbers?

- If they have to move people who have been in that location for XXXX amount of years, why don't they offer to match the difference of the relocated ticket (to a non premium area?).

- Who perms Colocini's hair?

- Can you ask Alan Shearer next time you see him to give me my parker pen that he stole in 97 back to me...the fucking bastard. 

Are they even able to answer that? If they say "no" then it will be construed as the club giving their blessing, which won't go down well with the H&SE :(

They're socially and professionally obliged to be negative towards the idea as public safety has to be paramount inside the stadium, even at the expense of common sense.

What's dangerous about singing? :lol:

The club managed to set up a singing section three years ago with little or no fuss from 'Elf & Safety so your point is moot.

Give them a break, man.

Is it fair to say then that only L7 ticket holders have a right to complain?

Our statement clearly states that we support the decision of the price freeze, and the discounted tickets.  They're good moves.

However, we are concerned about other aspects and are outlining our reasons for that concern.

I empathise with those who are being relocated and forced to shell out more money.  There are plenty of winners in this move, but there are losers too.  I personally love the singing section, even if I don't sit in it.  I don't want to see it gone.  We just want the club to consider keeping the section, even if it means relocating it elsewhere, and not forcing people to pay higher prices.

What's dangerous about singing? :lol:

You know fine well that standing goes hand in hand with any potential new 'singing section'.

Gone up by over £100 and been hoyed oot me seat. Fuck that horseshit, might just be one last move too far from the FCB this time

Ah but it's all great news according to some on here.

All down to personal circumstances, great for me like!