Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

There's a lunatic sits a few rows in front of me. Grey hair, always wearing a coat and scarf. The angriest bloke ever. Literally looks like he is about to pull out a machine gun and go full on action film bad guy on the family stand. Delights in telling everyone in ear shot how utterly terrible our team is. The only time I see him smile is when a player he has been slating makes a fuck up and he can give us the smug grin to show how clever he is. I'm far enough away not to be bothered by him, but if I sat next to him I'd be on a banning order pretty fucking sharpish.

There's a lunatic sits a few rows in front of me. Grey hair, always wearing a coat and scarf. The angriest bloke ever. Literally looks like he is about to pull out a machine gun and go full on action film bad guy on the family stand. Delights in telling everyone in ear shot how utterly terrible our team is. The only time I see him smile is when a player he has been slating makes a fuck up and he can give us the smug grin to show how clever he is. I'm far enough away not to be bothered by him, but if I sat next to him I'd be on a banning order pretty fucking sharpish.

That sounds like it'll be Mick. :sadnod:

There's a lunatic sits a few rows in front of me. Grey hair, always wearing a coat and scarf. The angriest bloke ever. Literally looks like he is about to pull out a machine gun and go full on action film bad guy on the family stand. Delights in telling everyone in ear shot how utterly terrible our team is. The only time I see him smile is when a player he has been slating makes a f*** up and he can give us the smug grin to show how clever he is. I'm far enough away not to be bothered by him, but if I sat next to him I'd be on a banning order pretty f***ing sharpish.

Thank God you said in front.

That sounds like it'll be Mick. :sadnod:

:lol:

Will never forget the first (and only) time I met you when sat in the Leazes corner and we were losing to Blackburn at half time. You popped off to "have a word" with Freddie Shepherd...

Will never forget the first (and only) time I met you when sat in the Leazes corner and we were losing to Blackburn at half time. You popped off to "have a word" with Freddie Shepherd...

It is a cracking offer but does anyone else feel a little aggrieved that we paid 500 quid for a season ticket that is now about 200 and still valid for 15 games?

14, but yeah a bit aye. Considering there's no limit on the number anyone can get, loads of us could have just got tickets match by match and then taken up this offer just a quarter of the way into the home season via a mate. Ultimately I was happy to pay for the ST in the first place, but it's a bit annoying that people who weren't can now get the rest of the season for a shitload less brass.

It is a cracking offer but does anyone else feel a little aggrieved that we paid 500 quid for a season ticket that is now about 200 and still valid for 15 games?

14, but yeah a bit aye. Considering there's no limit on the number anyone can get, loads of us could have just got tickets match by match and then taken up this offer just a quarter of the way into the home season via a mate.

:thup: What I was getting at last night, especially if it's 50% off the games left to play. A bit shitty that there could be someone sat a couple of seats away who's paying half of what I am for the same experience.

Yea sorry was just about to go in and edit.

Don't get me wrong, it is an absolutely amazing offer and good PR from the club, however, many will have to have made sacrifices in order to continue to finance their ST - it seems a tad unfair on those who have already committed to the club to pay the full price to then suddenly offer others the opportunity to purchase tickets at a £300-350 discount. It would have cost less than £150 to get individual tickets to the 5 home games so far.

not really, personally. it's a bit of a waste of time if everytime you go to a shop you feel aggrieved if what you bought last week is now on sale. also i don't know isn't it just available to existing season ticket holders and will it be available on the 10yr freeze thing ?

For example it's costing me and Midds £558 for our seat this season, or ~£29 per game. If we'd bought tickets by the game and waited for this offer (obviously we didn't know it was coming, but still) it'd have cost us around £357*, or ~£19 per game. That's a big saving.

*Based on (5 x £30) + £207.

not really, personally. it's a bit of a waste of time if everytime you go to a shop you feel aggrieved if what you bought last week is now on sale. also i don't know isn't it just available to existing season ticket holders and will it be available on the 10yr freeze thing ?

Yea just available to existing ST holders - doubt it will be on the ten year price thing.

I see your point completely. As a student I was perfectly happy with what I paid for a ST and for £166 quid I will be buying another ST and letting different people use it on a game by game basis. I also agree that your right - if every time you went into a shop you were worried about there being a sale on at some point in the future you'd never buy anything, however, this is slightly different in my opinion.

This is quite an unprecedented move by the club - when you sign up for a ST it is usually a pretty safe bet that there wont be a firesale of them after just a few games a season. It seems that some of the most loyal fans (and i'm not saying those without STs aren't as loyal as those with STs), that have made financial sacrifices to be at games are getting short changed. That said - on the flip side there will also be plenty of ST holders who will now be able to bring a friend/family member along at a much discounted rate which is excellent.

Tough one for the club....you can't please all of the people all of the time.

The ten year deal isn't much of a problem if they do this next year. If you were considering an ST, why wouldn't you just pay by the game and wait to see if this kind of offer happens again? I would.

Its just for those who already got season tickets so thats a good move imo, sort of rewarding them for their support, i was going to get that new offer but then again i don't have any season tickets before that.

wat

Its just for those who already got season tickets so thats a good move imo, sort of rewarding them for their support, i was going to get that new offer but then again i don't have any season tickets before that.

But it's not. It's rewarding their mates and family for the ST holder's support :lol:

wise move by the club imo, will increase season ticket holders quite a bit and with us shaping up to have a decent season hopefully they'll keep them on next year

At twice the cost? Why would you do that? Why not just wait and see if there's another offer like this? It's not like having a season ticket actually saves you much over individual match tickets anyway.

But it's not. It's rewarding their mates and family for the ST holder's support :lol:

Same thing man, we got more fans they get more of their friends and family to watch the club, don't get whats so negative about this news.