Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

No need for the attitude, that is what pisses people off.

It's true like, I'd say it's you with the attitude to Colocho. Call someone a self-publicising w***** repeatedly when there's not much separating him from other people trying the same thing and they're bound to get a bit chippy. It wasn't him being interviewed on Sky Sports News, it wasn't him announcing his talks with the club in the local paper, but he gets it in the neck while even his colleagues get clappy hands.

Why? I've never seen him say anything much questionable, let alone personal, that wasn't in response to you or someone similar saying he's a self-publicist, or that he's trying to speak on behalf of other people, making out he's a better person etc. and trying to pick holes more because you don't like him than that you disagree with his actions. Some solid quotes would help.

Thanks. The thing is, on here I don't want to represent the campaign, I would rather be myself ... maybe I should have a "My views don't represent those of United For Newcastle" under my avatar. The thing is with people like those two, is that they know very, very little about the statements we make, interactions with the fans and what we are trying to do. As the whole self-publicity thing, it's laughable to be honest ... They call me a self-publicist when it was I that was setting up interviews with Sky Sports News, Radio Newcastle etc and not appearing on many of them (due to other commitments) myself. Yet Jordan, Chris and Kevin have not been accused of anything ...

It's personal. But do I care? No. The few on here are in a very, very small minority (if not the only) people that have seemingly relentless criticism of what I am trying to do. Let them have their fun.

Anyway, in my lunch break I'll go through the questions that people have put on here (as well as Twitter and Facebook) and present five or six. Some of you will be delighted to know that I couldn't get the day off tomorrow, so it'll be Kev and Chris meeting Simon tomorrow afternoon.

It’s nothing personal against you, if I come across that way then I apologise. I will admit I have been taking your posts as representative of United for Newcastle (UfN), perhaps I struggle with a non season ticket holder from Essex trying to represent the fans of Newcastle United and you do come across a little sanctimonious at times.

I didn’t agree with the protest against the sacking of Chris Hughton, which was the birth of your campaign, and I still don’t see how or what your (UfN) aims will achieve in relation to the ownership of this football club. I would argue that protesting during the season could well be counterproductive and not in the best interest of Newcastle United. I went down to see the Hughton protest and it was mainly kids and charvas outside the old Milburn reception. The vast majority of season ticket holders still don’t know who you (UfN) are.

I do not understand how you (UfN) will hold Mike Ashley to account; you (UfN) state you are going to evaluate Mike Ashley’s position as the owner of Newcastle United, what are you (UfN) actually going to do? Write a report? What will you (UfN) do with your findings?

Why do you (UfN) have a picture on your Facebook page that is insulting to the majority of Newcastle United season ticket holders?

I wish you (UfN) luck in the meeting with Simon Esland and the one thing I would like be highlighted to him is Clause 2.5 of the ‘SEASON TICKET 2011-12 Terms & Conditions of Use’ as despite the so called price freeze, this clause leaves the club open to increase the price at the end of each season. Has he hinted that he will entertain discussion about non ticketing issues?

If you want to get in touch with Jordan, who was instrumental in setting up the current Level 7 signing section, send me a PM and I can arrange that.

Seeing as I think I sort of prompted that, I thought I'd say, that reads a hell of a lot more fairly. Don't have to agree, or be that formal all the time, but that kind of approach is gonna get everyone further ultimately as far as I can see. As things have been, with :[white][/white]mackems:-style debate/abuse running around the forum, it's just mainly been poorly-founded gang mentality crap in my view. Not just with Colocho, like, it's been happening to various people from various people lately... I know a lot of you know him off the forum so maybe it's different, but even neesy was getting too much stick a while back. The stuff with tDeans the other day was just bullshit, meanwhile... a lot of people showed themselves up. It's dragging the place down.

Stu, agreed that CMQ is particularly excellent at fronting stuff.

But still, it's seemed to me a lot of people have started with the premise Colocho is a dick and work from there. I can't recall him talking about real and fake supporters ever, certainly not in an accusatory way (I definitely can remember more pro-Ashley elements saying those wanting to boycott are fairweather anti-supporters who are abandoning the lads on the pitch, though). He does talk about U4N a lot, but I'd guess that's because it's a sizeable part of his life and something he thinks/hopes will be important in helping the club this forum exists for talking about in. I haven't thought he was trying to give gravitas to his own views, beyond that he's one of the people stepping up ('The Big Society' and all that) to try and arrange/administer what's intended to be a collegiate affair. At a bare minimum he/they pay more lip service to being interested and wanting to represent all views more than typical established figures like Steve Wraith do.

As massively unfortunate as it is, by stepping up it's perhaps impossible to avoid talking down to people occasionally, just by virtue of the position you're trying to fulfil. It's the nature of the business, and if people can see he's not doing it with a wholly ulterior motive (I see it that way, if you disagree... ok), they should accept it insofar as it's inevitable when someone tries to do something.

Who gives him the right to ask other people for their views like he matters? No one, but no one has the right to stop him doing so either, and everyone else can behave like they matter and try doing something themselves if they want.

Can you only renew for the 3 year deal online?

Nope it's on the form

I really don't see it anywhere. I see the option to renew for 1 year or the 10 year option but nowhere for the 3 year.

Is it not only an option for the people who previously had the 3 year deal? It's as clear as day on my form... but I had previously had a 3 year deal....

Nope it's on the form

I really don't see it anywhere. I see the option to renew for 1 year or the 10 year option but nowhere for the 3 year.

Is it not only an option for the people who previously had the 3 year deal? It's as clear as day on my form... but I had previously had a 3 year deal....

As did i. Maybe because i am being moved from my seat in leazes corner?

Ive went on the website and i cant even renew when i click on the 3 year deal.It just comes up as basket empty.

Nope it's on the form

No, i had a 3 year deal and there was no 3 year deal on my form but online when i looked at my account it only offered either the 3 year or 1 year.

Seeing as I think I sort of prompted that, I thought I'd say, that reads a hell of a lot more fairly. Don't have to agree, or be that formal all the time, but that kind of approach is gonna get everyone further ultimately as far as I can see. As things have been, with :[white][/white]mackems:-style debate/abuse running around the forum, it's just mainly been poorly-founded gang mentality crap in my view. Not just with Colocho, like, it's been happening to various people from various people lately... I know a lot of you know him off the forum so maybe it's different, but even neesy was getting too much stick a while back. The stuff with tDeans the other day was just bullshit, meanwhile... a lot of people showed themselves up. It's dragging the place down.

That's a conversation for a different thread but I agree with your sentiments; however, in this particular instance, the lad is being ridiculously "headstrong" (to be polite) and it just seems completely unnecessary.

Something doesn't quite sit right about him...maybe you're right and it's just over-exuberance coming out in the wrong way. Funnily enough, some of the worst Neesy 'banter' has come from those who haven't met him, but who am I to throw stones?

Stu, agreed that CMQ is particularly excellent at fronting stuff.

:thup: that's why it was disappointing to see Colocho over-react to CMQ's comments about toning it down a bit, yes it probably should have been kept to PM but the honest and open exchange was interesting to view.

But still, it's seemed to me a lot of people have started with the premise Colocho is a dick and work from there.

Nah, I'd barely noticed him until the Hughton sacking and his immediate crusading for an end to Mike Ashley as a businessman, later rebranded as the United for Newcastle campaign. Maybe the pompous way in which they (of which Colocho has always been the most 'vocal' on the forum) implied that they were going to do something, without actually sitting down and working out what they wanted to do and how they were going to do it, was the turning point?

I can't recall him talking about real and fake supporters ever, certainly not in an accusatory way (I definitely can remember more pro-Ashley elements saying those wanting to boycott are fairweather anti-supporters who are abandoning the lads on the pitch, though). He does talk about U4N a lot, but I'd guess that's because it's a sizeable part of his life and something he thinks/hopes will be important in helping the club this forum exists for talking about in. I haven't thought he was trying to give gravitas to his own views, beyond that he's one of the people stepping up ('The Big Society' and all that) to try and arrange/administer what's intended to be a collegiate affair. At a bare minimum he/they pay more lip service to being interested and wanting to represent all views more than typical established figures like Steve Wraith do.

As massively unfortunate as it is, by stepping up it's perhaps impossible to avoid talking down to people occasionally, just by virtue of the position you're trying to fulfil. It's the nature of the business, and if people can see he's not doing it with a wholly ulterior motive (I see it that way, if you disagree... ok), they should accept it insofar as it's inevitable when someone tries to do something.

Not sure if he has an ulterior motive or whether its just his constant "I'm deliberately not attending SJP in protest even though I wouldn't have been at the game because I don't have a season ticket and don't live anywhere near the city" line that is off-putting. I imagine that is why Greg and some of the others have reacted to him. I thought people were already sick of "cockneys" trying to ruin their match experience...

Who gives him the right to ask other people for their views like he matters? No one, but no one has the right to stop him doing so either, and everyone else can behave like they matter and try doing something themselves if they want.

:thup: just don't do it in such a self-righteous way

Firstly, it gives the members on here a chance to ask questions through us. I value the opinions of this boards members, despite it's sometimes elitist attitude.

N-O aside, did they ask hundreds, if not thousands of people what they'd like to be spoken about in the meeting? We have! Don't know why we fucking bother sometimes.

:rolleyes:

Not sure if he has an ulterior motive or whether its just his constant "I'm deliberately not attending SJP in protest even though I wouldn't have been at the game because I don't have a season ticket and don't live anywhere near the city" line that is off-putting. I imagine that is why Greg and some of the others have reacted to him. I thought people were already sick of "cockneys" trying to ruin their match experience...

I think I'm right in saying he's attended a respectable number of games to be fair, especially given his circumstances - plenty of locals with less to their name. I didn't know he was a Southerner until you told us he was. It's not as though he supported Chelsea last week, Man Utd the week before and is just playing political games on here for a laugh, though.  Saying that, I suppose he's more mental than most Cockneys to be hanging round here getting belts given he hasn't got £200m at stake.

Not all Newcastle supporters are season ticket holders, in fact most aren't. I'm sure you're more sympathetic than most to people upping sticks for the South or wherever in pursuit of jobs, there are consequences to that, and I don't think supporters who are so-called victims of that process should be cut out of the society of Newcastle supporters. If they tick all the other boxes, they're welcome to advocate their best guesses as to how the club can be taken forward, as far as I'm concerned. If he thinks what's right's right, he should say it. I don't see how him not attending a game he apparently wouldn't have attended anyway is going to spoil the match experience of Greg or anyone else.

Regarding that last quote, that's what I meant - he's said that at the end of a sustained campaign and it's not even particularly bad. It's not so much expecting gratitude as expressing exasperation at how every well-intended thing he does manages somehow to be turned into a symbol of his and his alone's deviant character.

Nope it's on the form

No, i had a 3 year deal and there was no 3 year deal on my form but online when i looked at my account it only offered either the 3 year or 1 year.

Same here.  Just went for the ten year deal, as it says there's no "catch" and the minimum period is still just one year.  Doubt they'd get anyone to sign up to it if it was a ten year commitment, I can't imagien giving up my seat but who knows what will happen between now and when I'm 40, I could be jobless, dead or living in Australia by then.

Nope it's on the form

We were talking about this on the way to the match yesterday.  Concluded that only those that paid upfront for the 3 year deal last time were offered them this time round.  A couple of us who had paid upfront have been offered the deal in our renewal forms but those who had paid by direct debit had not.

I think I'm right in saying he's attended a respectable number of games to be fair, especially given his circumstances - plenty of locals with less to their name. I didn't know he was a Southerner until you told us he was. It's not as though he supported Chelsea last week, Man Utd the week before and is just playing political games on here for a laugh, though.  Saying that, I suppose he's more mental than most Cockneys to be hanging round here getting belts given he hasn't got £200m at stake.

Not all Newcastle supporters are season ticket holders, in fact most aren't.

That's not the point, imagine someone without kids of their own telling you how you should be treating your own kids "for the better of society" - you'd be aggrieved that they had the barefaced cheek to do it.

:thup:

Nope it's on the form

We were talking about this on the way to the match yesterday.  Concluded that only those that paid upfront for the 3 year deal last time were offered them this time round.  A couple of us who had paid upfront have been offered the deal in our renewal forms but those who had paid by direct debit had not.

That sounds about right. I was paying monthly during the 3 years.

Right thats mine signed up for 10 fkn years with a £80 increase the cunt.... we show our commitment lets hope he will now do the same and invest in the squad.. OR I fkn hope he is doing this to try and make the club more attractive to potential buyers.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone want to give me £1350? Only a £5 or so rise for a 3 year ticket then ;D

Really wish i could afford that now :undecided:

Cue jingle - "Spread it! With direct debit!"

You cant though, its up front that option.

That's not the point, imagine someone without kids of their own telling you how you should be treating your own kids "for the better of society" - you'd be aggrieved that they had the barefaced cheek to do it.

Again, I challenge you to find somewhere where I have said that people should boycott home games. In fact, despite a number of people suggesting it - it's something that I or we have not endorsed.

I think I'm right in saying he's attended a respectable number of games to be fair, especially given his circumstances - plenty of locals with less to their name. I didn't know he was a Southerner until you told us he was. It's not as though he supported Chelsea last week, Man Utd the week before and is just playing political games on here for a laugh, though.  Saying that, I suppose he's more mental than most Cockneys to be hanging round here getting belts given he hasn't got £200m at stake.

Again, I challenge you to find somewhere where I have said that people should boycott home games. In fact, despite a number of people suggesting it - it's something that I or we have not endorsed.

Agreed, and good on you for that.  :thup: Though you have pushed for a boycott of Sports Direct, and more importantly, you've also said you would look at the possibility of boycotting all club merch and matchday sales, which, as I've said previously, does nothing but harm the club in my eyes.