Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

I'm having a real argument with myself about getting a season ticket. I have been saying for the last two years I would but haven't.

The only real negative is if I get value for money as I doubt I'll make every home game. But then I counteract that with getting a family stand adult and child ticket for £445, spread over 8 months DD is £55 a month. It's also £113 cheaper than getting a single Cat 2 ST. If I randomly went to, say, 8 home games next season paying £35 a ticket that's near on £300 plus taking a kid along to a few games is going to put that over the total cost of the ticket for every game. Then there is the added bonus of being able to get away tickets easier and the 10 year deal which I doubt will come round again.

Does anyone know that if I have an adult and child ticket in the family stand do I have to have a kid with me every time (and does it have to be the same kid as I have 6 - although only 4 are of an age I would take to the game). I wouldn't bring them up from London for midweek games and I'd have to share them out equally. Plus there may be occasions when I don't want a kid with me due to having an NOFC match or drinking session.

If it would be a problem I'd then look at a single ticket - which would seriously p*ss off the wife and kids - and would push the cost to £70 a month.

I have till Wednesday to make my mind up. :undecided:

Theyre never gonna know which kid is there, or if theres a kid with you at all.

I was a disabled senior citizen for a while (about three years).

In further developments, I can only use the adult season ticket in the family stand 3 times without having a child with me. This could be an issue.

Go down Scotchy, they'll borrow you a kid for the day. Kid will be delighted to get out of that slum.

Guest stumonkseatonmagpies

Has anyone got any idea when the 1st DD will be taken for the Season tickets?

and also how many from Level 7 are moving to the "Strawbeyy corner" do you think?

Monkseaton Magpies

I'm having a real argument with myself about getting a season ticket. I have been saying for the last two years I would but haven't.

The only real negative is if I get value for money as I doubt I'll make every home game. But then I counteract that with getting a family stand adult and child ticket for £445, spread over 8 months DD is £55 a month. It's also £113 cheaper than getting a single Cat 2 ST. If I randomly went to, say, 8 home games next season paying £35 a ticket that's near on £300 plus taking a kid along to a few games is going to put that over the total cost of the ticket for every game. Then there is the added bonus of being able to get away tickets easier and the 10 year deal which I doubt will come round again.

Does anyone know that if I have an adult and child ticket in the family stand do I have to have a kid with me every time (and does it have to be the same kid as I have 6 - although only 4 are of an age I would take to the game). I wouldn't bring them up from London for midweek games and I'd have to share them out equally. Plus there may be occasions when I don't want a kid with me due to having an NOFC match or drinking session.

If it would be a problem I'd then look at a single ticket - which would seriously p*ss off the wife and kids - and would push the cost to £70 a month.

I have till Wednesday to make my mind up. :undecided:

Theyre never gonna know which kid is there, or if theres a kid with you at all.

I was a disabled senior citizen for a while (about three years).

:lol:

Has anyone got any idea when the 1st DD will be taken for the Season tickets?

and also how many from Level 7 are moving to the "Strawbeyy corner" do you think?

Monkseaton Magpies

I think a lot seem to be applying for the SE corner.

Guest SuperShola!

Got the tickets sorted today. Did send my renewal back with cash in may but because it was cash, they forgot about me so I had to go over and sort it. She's booked me and my mate 2 seats in block D, South East corner, 6 rows from the pitch. Champion :)

Guest SuperShola!

I have. Sat in Level 7 last year and sung my heart out everygame so i'll do the same here, no matter what :D

Got the tickets sorted today. Did send my renewal back with cash in may but because it was cash, they forgot about me so I had to go over and sort it. She's booked me and my mate 2 seats in block D, South East corner, 6 rows from the pitch. Champion :)

You can't be 6 rows from the pitch if you're in Block D mate. Block D is the same height as the East Stand Upper and Gallowgate Middle Tier. Blocks A and B  are the 2 blocks in the SE Corner at pitchside. I can tell you that i've been in Block D loads of times however and it's a cracking view!

Guest SuperShola!

Ohh well, wherever I am, i'm sure it's quality. Just hope there's a good atmosphere. Should be if the L7 lads are moving there.

Ohh well, wherever I am, i'm sure it's quality. Just hope there's a good atmosphere. Should be if the L7 lads are moving there.

:thup:

Hope standing up isn't an issue

Got a feeling it might be unless you're in the back few rows.

Guest SuperShola!

:thup:

Hope standing up isn't an issue

Got a feeling it might be unless you're in the back few rows.

It won't be the same if everyone isn't standing. Hope i'm in the standing part. I'll be gutted otherwise.

Guest SuperShola!

Does anybody who sits in Level 7 know a bald bloke called Shaun/Sean? Whatever, somtimes he gets called Charlie? Anyhow, sat next to him all last season and he had class banter, is he on here?

Does anybody know the lad called Scud who always wears weird hair wigs :lol:

Aye. Not really that well, just to say hello to.  He used to sit along from me in the Leazes Upper , towards the Milburn Stand side before the stadium extension in 2000. Then he moved up to Level 7 and then into Leazes Corner. Seen him at the West Brom match funnily enough.

Guest toonlass

Does anybody know the lad called Scud who always wears weird hair wigs :lol:

Aye. Scud is canny. He's the bloke who does/did the "Aroooga" noise and also, surprising enough, the scud missile sound. Really sound bloke.

Standing hasn't been too much of an issue in the SE corner for cup games when it's usually got a block or 2 stood, as far as stewards are concerned. I remember one game there was a good few season ticket holders and most didn't mind that they had to stand. I doubt there'll be more than a few rows stood next season though, but I'm sure as the years progress more and more people will stand up.

So I've pretty much decided to go ahead and get my season ticket tomorrow. Only decision left is if I go for the Family Stand, and lumber myself with one of my offspring for most of the games (but this may assist me in getting my user name changed to Most of My Kids Support Chelsea but some like the Toon a bit), or be selfish and buy one in the Gallowgate - the second would require some blatant lying to the wife as the agreement was for me to take a kid with me every week.

Decisions Decisions. It is going to be a restless night.

Guest toonlass

So I've pretty much decided to go ahead and get my season ticket tomorrow. Only decision left is if I go for the Family Stand, and lumber myself with one of my offspring for most of the games (but this may assist me in getting my user name changed to Most of My Kids Support Chelsea but some like the Toon a bit), or be selfish and buy one in the Gallowgate - the second would require some blatant lying to the wife as the agreement was for me to take a kid with me every week.

Ah, take the bairns option.

Guest neesy111

You gonna come up 19 times a season, that is commitment.

Ah, take the bairns option.

I'm going to. It makes the train cheaper anyway and means I will get to spend time with my kids on a one to one basis every now and then. Hopefully it will also entice them to support NUFC. Well I'm dreaming about the last part anyway.

You gonna come up 19 times a season, that is commitment.

Will more than likely miss a couple due to work and family but if I get to at say, 13-15 games then it's worth it.