SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

If we think N'Zogbia is set on coming here, we might not decide to move until someone else meets the fee. If they don't, we can open negotiations in January and get him on a free at the end of his contract.

Not saying I would do that, I would rather he joined now, but I could see that being the club's strategy.

pretty sure in the 'go behind the backs' type world we live in the club would know already and personal terms would already be agreed.

If we think N'Zogbia is set on coming here, we might not decide to move until someone else meets the fee. If they don't, we can open negotiations in January and get him on a free at the end of his contract.

Not saying I would do that, I would rather he joined now, but I could see that being the club's strategy.

Available on a free he'd have endless suitors, though.

That's a point as well.

Thought that only applied for talking to clubs in different countries.

Thought that only applied for talking to clubs in different countries.

Ah you might be right there. Well open sly negotiations on the understanding that we'll nab him the summer!

Now you all dissect it, it's a pretty risky idea. But potentially cheap, which is what makes it plausible in my brain.

It's meant to only happen for other countries but I thought it was a poorly kept secret that clubs talk to players regardless? Like Beckford couldn't formerly sign for Everton until the end of the season but everybody knew he'd agreed to join 6 months earlier.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're only willing to go after N'Zogbia if Barton goes. Can't see us being willing to pay big wages to two players vying for the same position.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're only willing to go after N'Zogbia if Barton goes. Can't see us being willing to pay big wages to two players vying for the same position.

Thats exactly how I see it. 

Good old 1 in 1 out strategy.

What is our squad number at now? 23 is it?

Throw in a striker and a left back and that will take us to 25, so it's reasonable to expect a 1 in 1 out strategy after that tbf.

Throw in a striker and a left back and that will take us to 25, so it's reasonable to expect a 1 in 1 out strategy after that tbf.

fine, just get rid of guthrie, raylor, routledge or smith instead of barton

If it was that easy to get rid of some of them don't you think they would have gone already?

If it was that easy to get rid of some of them don't you think they would have gone already?

are you telling me we couldnt get rid of ONE of the first 3?

Got no problem with waiting until deadline day and getting him, providing we take 9 points from the games in August that we'd be sacrificing.

:lol:

Even if it saves us £2million by waiting?

points get you further up the table, which gets you more money