SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Got no problem with waiting until deadline day and getting him, providing we take 9 points from the games in August that we'd be sacrificing.

:lol:

Even if it saves us £2million by waiting?

I would have thought the last day of the season gone showed up the false economy of playing with an inadequate squad.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're only willing to go after N'Zogbia if Barton goes. Can't see us being willing to pay big wages to two players vying for the same position.

Thats exactly how I see it. 

Good old 1 in 1 out strategy.

What is our squad number at now? 23 is it?

Throw in a striker and a left back and that will take us to 25, so it's reasonable to expect a 1 in 1 out strategy after that tbf.

fine, just get rid of guthrie, raylor, routledge or smith instead of barton

If it was that easy to get rid of some of them don't you think they would have gone already?

are you telling me we couldnt get rid of ONE of the first 3?

My understanding is they're up for sale and haven't gone anywhere as of yet. Same goes for Barton.

I'm with Wullie tbh. Sick to death of pissing around till deadline day to make signings. It's farcical.

The four players we've already signed not count?

If it was me I'd want every signing in before the start of the season at the very latest.

I'm with Wullie tbh. Sick to death of pissing around till deadline day to make signings. It's farcical.

If it was me I'd want every signing in before the start of the season at the very latest.

Well so would everyone, but in reality it's not always possible.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're only willing to go after N'Zogbia if Barton goes. Can't see us being willing to pay big wages to two players vying for the same position.

Throw in a striker and a left back and that will take us to 25, so it's reasonable to expect a 1 in 1 out strategy after that tbf.

If it was that easy to get rid of some of them don't you think they would have gone already?

My understanding is they're up for sale and haven't gone anywhere as of yet. Same goes for Barton.

if it has to be 1 in 1 out try and get rid of the players who have little impact on the team, not players who have higher wages, just because they have higher wages. that's all i'm saying.

it might be if we put a bid in for him

Got no problem with waiting until deadline day and getting him, providing we take 9 points from the games in August that we'd be sacrificing.

Surely if he doesn't sign until deadline day that Barton will start down the right, a player you're a massive fan of are you not?

If Villa sell Downing, he's nailed on to go there...

it would seem likely wouldnt it. i wonder if villa will get him for less than they receive for downing. they'll get a better player AND make a profit, there'll be absolutely nothing for the fans to argue about.

if it has to be 1 in 1 out try and get rid of the players who have little impact on the team, not players who have higher wages, just because they have higher wages. that's all i'm saying.

There are no takers as yet for any of them so it makes sense to get rid of everyone that has no long term future at the club as soon as possible if it means replacements can be brought in, Barton included.

Agree. The timing of the window will dictate when certain transfers are completed. It's a massive factor in deciding what to bid, what wages to offer, what kind of bid a team will accept and what kind of wages a player will accept.

And it really depends on the situation of the team/player as to whether or not later = cheaper/more likely to sell. Because it can certainly be the opposite.

There are no takers as yet for any of them so it makes sense to get rid of everyone that has no long term future at the club as soon as possible if it means replacements can be brought in, Barton included.

fine, fine. just get rid of any of them 3 before barton, he can play football a bit.

Guest neesy111

I think so

Any reason, or just that they need a winger?

I can't think much of a footballing reason for him to go there tbh.

I think so

Pretty obvious reason... left-footed midfielder for left-footed midfielder.

I think so

The fact him and Downing are both left footed means he's "nailed on" to sign for Aston Villa?

I think so

The fact him and Downing are both left footed means he's "nailed on" to sign for Aston Villa?

The fact that Villa will have just banked £20m from the sale of Downing means there's every chance they'll be pitching in with a bid, let's be honest. Then it's just a matter of whether we are serious in our pursuit or just hoping to pick him up if the fee is low enough.

I think so

Come on man, pull it together.

N'Zogbia could be a replacement for either Young or Downing. That and he's a much better player than Downing.

Guest Roger Kint

I think so

Come on man, pull it together.

N'Zogbia could be a replacement for either Young or Downing. That and he's a much better player than Downing.

That and the manager has tried to sign him before

points get you further up the table, which gets you more money

I agree, but no-one could say with any conviction that if we lose those games, it's because we didn't buy Zog sooner.

Just seems a pointless argument. If you were the owner of this club, of course you'd be waiting for the moment when you feel you can get the best deal. What's the point in paying £1million more for someone than is neccessary?

i could say with total conviction that we'd

1. have a better chance of securing his signature if we didn't wait until the last minute

2. have a better chance of acquiring points with him in our squad instead of someone else's for the first 3 games of the season

getting the best deal for me would be paying what he's worth and getting him, that'd be it really. we've already sold someone for what is by all accounts a lot more than he's worth so we can afford to pay what someone's worth once this summer at least?

but yeah i know what you're saying

points get you further up the table, which gets you more money

I agree, but no-one could say with any conviction that if we lose those games, it's because we didn't buy Zog sooner.

Just seems a pointless argument. If you were the owner of this club, of course you'd be waiting for the moment when you feel you can get the best deal. What's the point in paying £1million more for someone than is neccessary?

i could say with total conviction that we'd

1. have a better chance of securing his signature if we didn't wait until the last minute

2. have a better chance of acquiring points with him in our squad instead of someone else's for the first 3 games of the season

getting the best deal for me would be paying what he's worth and getting him, that'd be it really. we've already sold someone for what is by all accounts a lot more than he's worth so we can afford to pay what someone's worth once this summer at least?

but yeah i know what you're saying

I kind of agree with you, but I actually think we have a better chance of getting him if we wait (if we are even looking at him). At some point Wigan are going to lower the price if no-one meets it, and even if someone does meet it, if we're interested I think we'll be in for him.

The waiting game is horrible though imo.