Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Players who I think would be a worthwhile punt/ be able to do a job for us in the premier league in future seasons if their side was demoted from the Premier league.

Birmingham

Larsson

Johnson

Dann

West Ham

Collison (With a thorough medical)

Wolves

Ebanks-Blake

Jarvis

Hamill

Wigan

Moses

Boselli

Blackpool

Adam

WBA

Morrison

Brunt

Dorrans

Tchoyi

Mulumbu

Guest bmoregeordie

i like charlie adam just fine. like him a lot in fact. but he'll cost 15M easy.

would rather invest in three foreign players from france-belgium-netherlands that have upside.

it just doesn't make sense for a club with limited resources to pay the british premium.

Doyle is fucking shite, man. I can't believe people actually want him in our team. After seeing him play for 5 games, you'd know that he's worst than Best. At least Best has some speed and strength. Doyle has nothing. Doyle is nothing. He's not a goalscorer. He's completely average. He's shite.

Elmander would be decent but you have to wonder whether he's having a typical 'contract year' ie. plays well in the last year of his contract.

Jarvis would be good. Jarvis is actually a very good player, and he'd be our LW if he came. He's quick, has decent technique, and he's not afraid to run at players. He's also young and would presumably come in the £5m range if Wolves went down, so it'd be a value buy too.

Boselli from Wigan? Fucking hell, he has no pace and no strength. Don't you notice these physical attributes right away? How many strikers succeed in the Premiership with neither?

Johnson and Dann aren't much different to Taylor and Williamson. They're tall but slow. We need a quick-ish CB to replace Williamson and partner Coloccini.

Dorrans would actually be a decent option for us. I'm surprised West Brom haven't given him more games.

Boselli from Wigan? Fucking hell, he has no pace and no strength. Don't you notice these physical attributes right away? How many strikers succeed in the Premiership with neither?

Johnson and Dann isn't much different to Taylor and Williamson. They're tall but slow. We need a quick-ish CB to replace Williamson and partner Coloccini.

Dorrans would actually be a decent option for us. I'm surprised West Brom haven't given him more games.

The Routledge factor?

Boselli from Wigan? f***ing hell, he has no pace and no strength. Don't you notice these physical attributes right away? How many strikers succeed in the Premiership with neither?

Johnson and Dann isn't much different to Taylor and Williamson. They're tall but slow. We need a quick-ish CB to replace Williamson and partner Coloccini.

With Boselli it would probably depend on the type of football we play. Not the first striker to struggle in the premier league in his first season and i disagree that he has no speed. I accept it would be a risk but if we get him cheaper than what Wigan paid for him at the start of the season then it could be worth it as long as we sign another striker or two to go with him.

I think both Dann and Johnson are better than Williamson. Johnson in particular i would think would be a good partner for Colo while Dann at 23 years old could get better.

I love watching Lee play personally, the guy is built like a matchstick but has absolutely no fear of running at people and dodging crunching tackles. And he has the end product.

Did somebody just mention a Korean? :nile:

Boselli from Wigan? f***ing hell, he has no pace and no strength. Don't you notice these physical attributes right away? How many strikers succeed in the Premiership with neither?

With Boselli it would probably depend on the type of football we play. Not the first striker to struggle in the premier league in his first season and i disagree that he has no speed. I accept it would be a risk but if we get him cheaper than what Wigan paid for him at the start of the season then it could be worth it as long as we sign another striker or two to go with him.

I think both Dann and Johnson are better than Williamson. Johnson in particular i would think would be a good partner for Colo while Dann at 23 years old could get better.

My point is that they're both slow.

Boselli does not have any pace. There's no way to spin that. It takes 15 minutes of watching Wigan to deduce that.

Gervinho would be our new Bellamy. He's quick, can score and he would really stretch teams, something that we haven't been able to do for a long time.

Spot on. Bellamy was a complete idiot, but he was a very intelligent and industrious player. He created a lot of room for Big Al. Barton, Ireland, HBA and Nolan are all players capable of creating goals. Gervinhio will stretch the defense and create room for the midfield outside the opponent box, enabling them to score.

African Champs next season isn't it?

I wouldn't want to be signing too many players that you lose for a month tbh.

and again in 2013 :facepalm:

:lol: It makes the least sense of any football related decision I can ever remember. I doubt there would have been riots in the streets if we just had to wait three years between 2012 and 2015 as we moved to odd numbered years. I'll still be glued to the screen watching my country's inevitable failure, but it's just unnecessary.

I can't see Gervinho coming here, btw. His clubs tops Ligue 1 and the price will be prohibitive.

African Champs next season isn't it?

I wouldn't want to be signing too many players that you lose for a month tbh.

and again in 2013 :facepalm:

:lol: It makes the least sense of any football related decision I can ever remember. I doubt there would have been riots in the streets if we just had to wait three years between 2012 and 2015 as we moved to odd numbered years. I'll still be glued to the screen watching my country's inevitable failure, but it's just unnecessary.

I can't see Gervinho coming here, btw. His clubs tops Ligue 1 and the price will be prohibitive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8168337.stm