Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/02/11 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

Just got back from the match, only word to describe that was feeble.

All the more galling that Fulham were shite and still looked comfortable.

Special dishonourable mentions for Leon Best who has less awareness of what is around him than a blindfolded and unconscious Lua Lua and the anonymous Guthrie/Nolan.

Harper was our MOTM. Hangeland, monstrous beast though he is, had a simple and easy game with the strikers easy to pick up with no midfield support. The only person who made any inroads was Gutierrez but with the rest of the midfield so unambitious the defenders took the forwards out of the game with embarrassing ease.

Really, really poor performance. Thank the fucking lord Tiote is back this weekend.

Guest neesy111

How does Jonas get away with it, man? Our best player. :lol:

:lol:

Honestly never seen a footballer look so scared of going direct to goal in all my life.  The fact that people behind me were shouting for him to shoot beggars belief in the trust people have in him.

Guest neesy111

Got to say Barton out of the whole midfield looked like he gave a toss and it was to the detriment of his own performance as he was everywhere on the pitch tonight.  Just wished we had more players like him.

Honestly never seen a footballer look so scared of going direct to goal in all my life.  The fact that people behind me were shouting for him to shoot beggars belief in the trust people have in him.

He's spent the last 2 1/2 years proving he's a terrible footballer. People seem to ignore it simply because Maradona rates him.

He's spent the last 2 1/2 years proving he's a terrible footballer. People seem to ignore it simply because Maradona rates him.

Must say, I've never heard anyone say Jonas is a decent player on the basis that Maradona rates him. He plays as we have nobody better, end of.

Guest neesy111

100% agree, he can't cross, shoot and can barely pass at the age of 28.  His workrate fool's people into believing he's good when in fact even when he wins the ball he just give's it away easily or runs into a stupid blind alley.

Guest neesy111

Must say, I've never heard anyone say Jonas is a decent player on the basis that Maradona rates him. He plays as we have nobody better, end of.

That is true, but even Shearer dropped him for Lovenkrands.  That must be an insult.

Doesn't matter what folk say. Something's brainwashed folk into wanting him in the team, even when Ben Arfa returns!

Aye, I'm probably of the opinion that he should be out when the Barfa returns, although I'm still  pretty unconvinced with Barton on the wing  :sadnod:

Guest neesy111

Doesn't matter what folk say. Something's brainwashed folk into wanting him in the team, even when Ben Arfa returns!

Aye, I'm probably of the opinion that he should be out when the Barfa returns, although I'm still  pretty unconvinced with Barton on the wing  :sadnod:

Barton for me was trying to do everything tonight, mainly because of the shite performances of Guhrie and Nolan next to him.  He isn't a winger in sense, but his play suggests he is a right sided player.  Starting to remind of Beckham 8 years ago where he wasn't a winger but played there as such.

He can't do much when every team mate within 40 yards stands and watches what he's doing rather than moving or giving him an option. Least of our worries.

He's supposed to be a creative player. 'Least of our worries' is an accolade that should preserved for defenders.

He can't do much when every team mate within 40 yards stands and watches what he's doing rather than moving or giving him an option. Least of our worries.

He's supposed to be a creative player. 'Least of our worries' is an accolade that should preserved for defenders.

True, great defending for their goal tonight. He's limited but tries and did a few decent things tonight despite having only Enrique as support. Unless you want him to be 'creative' by running through 6 players and scoring, then your standards are too high.

Agreed.  Our movement off of the ball has been so horrible this season.

True, great defending for their goal tonight. He's limited but tries and did a few decent things tonight despite having only Enrique as support. Unless you want him to be 'creative' by running through 6 players and scoring, then your standards are too high.

A goal or an assist once every 10 games would be an improvement. Too high? Probably.

Jonas was our best midfielder today. Some people don't give a damn what happens though, they have their favourites and their scapegoats.

The bloke behind me saw Jose (an understandable favourite) float a ball over Jonas and the Fulham RB, who were both midway between halfway line and the corner post - it went straight out for a goal kick and then bounced... and guess whose fault it was for not chasing it :lol:

Jonas was our only attacking outlet in open play tonight. Everyone else was diabolical.