Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/02/11 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

Guest toonlass

Guthrie made a few positive moves, but generally he was appalling. He put a million passes astray, was muscled off the ball a number of times, and like Nolan spends most of the time in defence holding both hands up and dangling a leg out as players glide past him.

A midfield of Guthrie and Nolan is just asking for trouble. I know we didn't have many other options TBF.

I didn't even realise Guthrie was on the pitch.

Guthrie made a few positive moves, but generally he was appalling. He put a million passes astray, was muscled off the ball a number of times, and like Nolan spends most of the time in defence holding both hands up and dangling a leg out as players glide past him.

A midfield of Guthrie and Nolan is just asking for trouble. I know we didn't have many other options TBF.

That's the problem, no other options. Tiote and Ireland would be a missive step up. Almost a diamond formation. Would be very interesting to see, especially if Ireland can step up.

That's the problem, no other options. Tiote and Ireland would be a missive step up. Almost a diamond formation. Would be very interesting to see, especially if Ireland can step up.

Needs to get himself fit first. When is Gosling back?

Oh yeah, Tiote and an in-form Ireland along with Ben Arfa and we'd have won this game by 2 or 3. Carroll or no Carroll.

Barton also had a rank game as well, had no discipline and provided nothing in the RM position. It's games when he goes wandering like this that you wonder whether playing him right is such a good idea. Again, I know we have no other options now.

Oh yeah, Tiote and an in-form Ireland along with Ben Arfa and we'd have won this game by 2 or 3. Carroll or no Carroll.

Barton also had a rank game as well, had no discipline and provided nothing in the RM position. It's games when he goes wandering like this that you wonder whether playing him right is such a good idea. Again, I know we have no other options now.

:lol:

More chance of Carroll playing for us again this season tbh.

How can you blame Pardew for Enrique f***ing up?

Enrique looks like he's totally pissed off and has done since Christmas, I think he'll look to get away in the summer.

All conjecture tbf.

He said that he needs to adjust the system to suit the strikers that are now available. By which I think he meant keep the ball on the deck more and try and play more of possession game.

To do that we have to bring Tiote in for Guthrie and Ireland in for Nolan and hope that Ireland can turn the clock back 18 months.

Do we know how long Irelands out for?

Two weeks

Probably 4 months knowing the fucking plankton heads in charge of our club.

I went to watch that at Craven Cottage tonight, I'm seriously worried now.

And that worry has turned to anger because "again" the club has made the same mistakes and fucked things up.

The Ameobi injury just shows the running of the club for what it is, total and utter fucking farce.

Jesus

I was at the match as well, and obviously it was dire.

The only thing that makes me worry slightly less is that this performance isn't part of a trend, we've played as bad as this before and bounced straight back.

The injury to Ameobi is a minor disaster, but hopefully he won't be out too long. Even with him we were struggling up front, it's the failure to buy or loan anyone that's the real worry.

We were obviously shit going forward today but besides the goal (yeah, I know) we defended decently. Feel slightly aggrieved not to have got a point.

Seriously worried about where the goals are going to come from, from now on. The three forwards available for Arsenal are bloody hopeless.

We were obviously shit going forward today but besides the goal (yeah, I know) we defended decently. Feel slightly aggrieved not to have got a point.

Seriously worried about where the goals are going to come from, from now on. The three forwards available for Arsenal are bloody hopeless.

We deserved a point up until the goal, Fulham were almost as bad as us.

The non-response in the second half was worrying though, if anything we got even worse.

Yeah exactly, irrespective of the Carroll departure I've seen Sturridge go on loan to Bolton and Vela to West Brom and even if Carroll hadn't gone we should've been looking to add.

We were up against it tonight, literally down to the bare bones and with some key players missing but the way the club has backed itself into a striking crisis is nothing short of ludicrous.

It's just ridiculous that two years on we've had "another" pathetically bad january transfer window which broke us last time and got us relegated and might do again.

Thankfully with the likes of Tiote, Ireland and more to the point Ben Arfa coming back there is hope and we should have enough but I just don't know what to think anymore.

Guest neesy111

I would like to thank Joey Barton to appreciate the support which around 3,500 fans give to the team tonight.  While the rest of the fuckers did little to thank the fans at all especially Captain fantastic.

Quite a few of the players need a kick up the fucking arse to get themselves out of the fucking self pity they seem to be in.

Team work has got us into the position into we are, not the actions of one single player.  Yes he is was important, but we should be able to show at least we can try without him.

Shite game, shite ground, unbelievably shite fans.

I'm clinging on to the idea that we've missed Tiote and we'll be areet when he's back.  Otherwise we look fucking horrid and 3 wins from our last 14 or whatever doesn't look as easy as it did a few weeks ago.  Just want this season over with now.

Also getting rid of Routledge looks incredibly foolish now.  We had nowt to bring off the bench.