Alan Pardew = Graeme Souness Mark II

Guest Brazilianbob

The players had trust in Hughton who protected them.  Pardew starts off saying all the right things and being supportive of the players and saying he won't sell Carroll at any price.  At the first test he fails.  The players will know better than we what has happened but he could have destroyed their trust already.

Got a few boos last night as he walked back to the dugout in front of the away end.  He has got a tough job ahead of him and I am not convinced that he is up to the job.

Guest Brazilianbob

Pardew himself has said he was involved in the meeting that decided to sell carroll, so to say he didn't sell carroll is quite wrong!

It's not so much the tactics which are a concern although I thought he should have started Lovenkrands yesterday rather than play with two big men up front. But he doesn't look like he believes we have enough up front and this looks like it has transferred to the players. It's his job now to make sure the spirit in the camp doesn't fizzle out like Chris Bastard Coleman predicted yesterday. We don't need to go proving arseholes like that right.

Fucking hell man.

Ashley sells Carroll for great money. We have our first 'bad' game in 5 and now he's Souness mkII :lol:

That's true enough but you don't need a long memory to remember two seasons ago. Performances like last night became the norm. Relegation followed.

Can we get 10 points with Best, Ranger and Lovenkrands.

Personally I'd put Nolan up behind Lovenkrands.

Guest neesy111

We'll know Pardew has turned into Souness when he starts talking about his family in every frigging interview.

Or start asking for a love parade around St James' Park.

I'm fascinated that anyone would agree to take the manager position under Ashley. History has proven him to be untrustworthy, and anything he says about his intentions with respect to the club should be taken with a grain of salt. Either Ashley has the type of personality that can convince you that he's telling you the truth regardless of what history shows or you've got to see Ashley for what he is and have a big enough ego that you think you can handle him. I'm not sure if Pardew was taken in by Ashley or if he thinks he's Ashley's match. Either way, it seems to me that Pardew found out he was wrong, but I don't think the club's situation can be attributed primarily to him.

While true, the fact that Souness was able to overspend on "star" players like Luque, Boumsong and Owen, whereas Pardew just had to let his only decent striker go, makes their management radically different.

Radically different aye, in that Souness was much worse.

Guest neesy111

While true, the fact that Souness was able to overspend on "star" players like Luque, Boumsong and Owen, whereas Pardew just had to let his only decent striker go, makes their management radically different.

Radically different aye, in that Souness was much worse.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

TBH I don't know how good or bad Pardew will be, all I know is that he hasn't done anything to be slagged off for yet - and it's too soon to judge him.

And I know Souness was bad, real bad.

If Pardew turns out even half as bad Souness we'll be in the shits.

Honestly, I was fucking pissed when Pardew came and I'm still not convinced, but at least he had done all the right things. Said the right things, not changed what Hughton was radically. Also he has not had and will not have the same squad that Hughton had. His only poor judgement until now was the FA Cup, but lets be honest to ourselves we wouldn't have won it anyways, just bitter than Tiote has missed 3 matches due to it. But we took a point away to 6th placed Sunderland without him and Carroll, we took 1 points againt 5th placed Tottenham without them and yesterday we lost to Fulham but that was an off day.