Blackburn vs Newcastle United, 12/2/11, Pre-match thread.

Stifler

We'll need Tiote to limit Hoilett's influence.

Really came out of his 'shell' since Big Sam left. Not surprisingly.

Rated that lad for a couple of years. He was their best player when they came up here earlier in the season.

Diving little shit that he is. Needs to cut that out. Good player though.

Rated that lad for a couple of years. He was their best player when they came up here earlier in the season.

Me too, he's a good play maker. He wasn't really allowed to roam much with Fat Sam in charge, Blackburn were probably the worst choice of Premiership club he could have gone too. I would love to see what he could create with a half decent well attacking team around him.

Me too, he's a good play maker. He wasn't really allowed to roam much with Fat Sam in charge, Blackburn were probably the worst choice of Premiership club he could have gone too. I would love to see what he could create with a half decent well attacking team around him.

To be fair to the lad, he joined them in 2003 at the age of 13. Unless he's Nostradamus you can't really blame the kid for failing to predict that Allardyce would be in charge just as he broke into the first team. ;)

4750 sold and it could have been more. Surely thats the whole stand for us?

Think so.

Cannot wait. Got a bus booked out, 15 of us going down  :celb:

we haven't got the whole stand,  presuming its the top tier and half the bottom.

Guest Tall Striker

We've sold 4750....

"Away fans are housed at the Darwen End, where the facilities provided are good. However, the spacing between the rows of seats leaves a lot to be desired, being quite tight. The Darwen End is shared with home supporters, but if demand requires it the whole of the stand can be made available. Normally the away allocation is for three quarters of the stand, at just under 4,000 tickets, which are split between the whole of the upper tier and part of the lower tier (with the lower tier being allocated first). If you have not bought a ticket in advance, then you need to buy one from the away supporters ticket office at the ground as you can't pay on the turnstiles. The ticket office is located on the corner of the Darwen End & the Jack Walker Stand. "

To be fair to the lad, he joined them in 2003 at the age of 13. Unless he's Nostradamus you can't really blame the kid for failing to predict that Allardyce would be in charge just as he broke into the first team. ;)

Just trying to get the message that he never got the chance to actually play like he should have done under Allardyce, and that if he was in a different team then it would be interesting to see what he could do.

We've sold 4750....

"Away fans are housed at the Darwen End, where the facilities provided are good. However, the spacing between the rows of seats leaves a lot to be desired, being quite tight. The Darwen End is shared with home supporters, but if demand requires it the whole of the stand can be made available. Normally the away allocation is for three quarters of the stand, at just under 4,000 tickets, which are split between the whole of the upper tier and part of the lower tier (with the lower tier being allocated first). If you have not bought a ticket in advance, then you need to buy one from the away supporters ticket office at the ground as you can't pay on the turnstiles. The ticket office is located on the corner of the Darwen End & the Jack Walker Stand. "

We usually do take a good away support.

Just trying to get the message that he never got the chance to actually play like he should have done under Allardyce, and that if he was in a different team then it would be interesting to see what he could do.

Wish he'd play for Canada, the Jamaican's aren't much better than us.  What's the difference between 59th and 80th? ;)

Wish he'd play for Canada, the Jamaican's aren't much better than us.  What's the difference between 59th and 80th? ;)

He is going to play for Canada isn't he?

Worked out before I've seen Newcastle play at Ewood nine times. Not going this year, bored of the place tbh. Always seem to go to the same 2 pubs.

As far as I know, he hasn't made up his mind.  It would do big things for our shite national team.  Players like Hargreaves wouldn't be so apt to leave and play for England. Mind, I'd use my Geordie heritage to play for England if I had the chance. ;)

Wish he'd play for Canada, the Jamaican's aren't much better than us.  What's the difference between 59th and 80th? ;)

As far as I know, he hasn't made up his mind.  It would do big things for our shite national team.  Players like Hargreaves wouldn't be so apt to leave and play for England. Mind, I'd use my Geordie heritage to play for England if I had the chance. ;)

Haha.

It's a shame you've missed out on Hargreaves and Jonathan De Guzman. Add them two to the likes of Julian de Guzman, De Rosario, Hutchinson etc and there is the makings of a decent midfield there at CONCACAF level.

As far as I know, he hasn't made up his mind.  It would do big things for our s**** national team.  Players like Hargreaves wouldn't be so apt to leave and play for England. Mind, I'd use my Geordie heritage to play for England if I had the chance. ;)

Haha.

It's a shame you've missed out on Hargreaves and Jonathan De Guzman. Add them two to the likes of Julian de Guzman, De Rosario, Hutchinson etc and there is the makings of a decent midfield there at CONCACAF level.

Being successful at CONCACAF would do wonders for attendance at the National level.  It's annoying as piss when I show up to a match and 3/4 of the stadium are cheering for the visiting nation.  Boils my piss that people born here would cheer against their own. 

never...fucking...get anything...at ewood park.

Lose 2-1

I seem to remember being there when Oba scored to make it 3-1 :fwap:

Beautiful day of party tent madness.

I seem to remember when we won 3-0 with Shearer and Owen both scoring.