Leon Best

Godot

Best he starts scoring again.  :rant:

doesnt need to, yet again he was awesome today with his intelligent touches , flick ons and hold up play. 

again credit needs to be given to this young man Best.

we saw how limited we were in the last third of the pitch when he came off,  we simply ran out of options for an outlet upfront and succumbed to losing alot of percession to everton.

Best is vital to our team.  his touches are like berbetov,  such deffness and selfless and intelligent play when he gets the ball.  alot more hard working and selfless compared to berbatov.

just hope he don't get too discouraged by demba taking so much credit recently.  many times today and previous matches, Best had been in great positions only for Ba to misplace the passes.  Ba is a top finnisher but needs to work on his passing distribution. 

the goals will come.  dont worry about that.

I am in shock that anyone can think Best had a good game today, I would not be surprised if he gave away more freekicks today on his own than everyone else combined... thats fould & offsides.

another one of your wum post?

he was tremendous today.  Much more effective in the air today compared to any of our other players upfield.  worked tirelessly.  used the ball efficiently, hardly ever gave it away.

not a good game? really?  :knuppel2:

doesnt need to, yet again he was awesome today with his intelligent touches , flick ons and hold up play. 

we saw how limited we were in the last third of the pitch when he came off,  we simply ran out of options for an outlet upfront and succumbed to losing alot of percession to everton.

Best is vital to our team.  his touches are like berbetov,  such deffness and selfless and intelligent play when he gets the ball.  alot more hard working and selfless compared to berbatov.

just hope he don't get too discouraged by demba taking so much credit recently.  many times today and previous matches, Best had been in great positions only for Ba to misplace the passes.  Ba is a top finnisher but needs to work on his passing distribution. 

Good post.

It's not all about goals if they team are winning, similar to Bellamy who didn't score many but helped the team in more ways than just goals.

Him and Ba gave the two centre backs a hard time today and I think it was noticeable that Everton's game stepped up in the end when he went off, Ba looked more isolated too.

I am in shock that anyone can think Best had a good game today, I would not be surprised if he gave away more freekicks today on his own than everyone else combined... thats fould & offsides.

he was tremendous today.  Much more effective in the air today compared to any of our other players upfield.  worked tirelessly.  used the ball efficiently, hardly ever gave it away.

:lol:

another one of my WUM posts ? really ?

You had a good drink today eh ?

He was shocking

:lol:

another one of my WUM posts ? really ?

You had a good drink today eh ?

He was shocking

not as shocking as my drink  :kinnear:

We were losing possession long before Best came off, as all we were doing in the second half was lumping it long in the hope Best or Ba would win the ball. More often than not, this didn't happen.

You'd almost think certain posters had an agenda, or something.

Aye, you.

His offsides must have been into double figures today and one of the only times he was onside was when he must have thought that he was off so failed to move.  :lol:

yeah and the rest of our team should have stayed in the changing room and not come out.

awesome!  :cheesy:

Agreed, the rest of the team should have stayed in the changing room because Leon Best doesn't know how to stay onside.

@GeorgeCaulkin George Caulkin

Leon Best to meet up with Ireland squad ahead of play-off to have injuries assessed, but feeling is likely to return to #nufc. Shame for him

Would be a shame if Best doesn't play a part in the Ireland games.