Ewerthon

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafael, Sylvinho.

There has been very few Brazilian imports into the UK so it's hardly an extensive sample anyway. The ones that have are often your run of the mill central/sideways 'safe' midfielders who are pigeon-holed as being well suited to the Premier League. The likes of Gilberto Silva, Denilson and Lucas are just nothing players, although the Liverpool fans rate Lucas quite highly now. There has been very few Brazilian flair or attacking players come into the Premier League, whereas there is loads who end up in Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Ukraine etc.

It's ridiculous to call Gilberto Silva and Denilson "nothing players". Just because he doesn't seal dribble around the pitch all match does not mean he isn't doing anything. Composed, clean, and strong midfielders are an asset for anyone. Denilson is rubbish, though.

I called Denilson a nothing player, you disagreed, but then went on to call him rubbish?  :laugh:

Gilberto Silva was good for Arsenal, but he was a ridiculously limited footballer.

I wasn;t saying they weren't an asset btw. I'm just saying, these are the Brazilians which have been generally imported into this country. You see it again with Sandro at Spurs. They are brought in for these dependable traits, rather than gambling on the more exotic Brazilian exports. Even the likes of Anderson have been transformed into this kind of midfielder since moving to England.

:lol: I've edited it. The first one was supposed to be Lucas, who I think is rather good.

I think he's alright aswell. But his early adaption period and subsequent reputation means he is thrown into the 'rubbish Brazilian import' category.

Denilson is pap, yep.

:lol: I've edited it. The first one was supposed to be Lucas, who I think is rather good.

I think he's alright aswell. But his early adaption period and subsequent reputation means he is thrown into the 'rubbish Brazilian import' category.

Denilson is pap, yep.

Brazilians that aren't Denilson (Betis) style players get labelled as shit though as journo's are lazy as fuck.

In Lucas' case, it's thoroughly warranted.

He's been slightly better this year but perhaps more because the rest of the players have been so bad. Maybe he'll shine now under Dalglish.

Scouse twats all seem to like him now.

MOTD probably said he was alright one game.

Rafael, Sylvinho.

There has been very few Brazilian imports into the UK so it's hardly an extensive sample anyway. The ones that have are often your run of the mill central/sideways 'safe' midfielders who are pigeon-holed as being well suited to the Premier League. The likes of Gilberto Silva, Denilson and Lucas are just nothing players, although the Liverpool fans rate Lucas quite highly now. There has been very few Brazilian flair or attacking players come into the Premier League, whereas there is loads who end up in Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Ukraine etc.

It's ridiculous to call Gilberto Silva and Denilson "nothing players". Just because he doesn't seal dribble around the pitch all match does not mean he isn't doing anything. Composed, clean, and strong midfielders are an asset for anyone. Denilson is rubbish, though.

I called Denilson a nothing player, you disagreed, but then went on to call him rubbish?  :laugh:

Gilberto Silva was good for Arsenal, but he was a ridiculously limited footballer.

I wasn;t saying they weren't an asset btw. I'm just saying, these are the Brazilians which have been generally imported into this country. You see it again with Sandro at Spurs. They are brought in for these dependable traits, rather than gambling on the more exotic Brazilian exports. Even the likes of Anderson have been transformed into this kind of midfielder since moving to England.

hate the fact that the likes of Lucas and Anderson have had the flair coached out of them......they were nice attacking midfielders/playmakers at Gremio and Porto respectively and since moving here, been converted into British style defensive minded central midfielders.

Emerson did well at Boro actually in his performances, just he was unsettled and unsurprisngly didn't fancy living in smoggyland....who could blame him....it's a shithole.

I think David Luiz will turn out to be a top signing....Ramires has been pretty s*** for Chelsea so far though.