Ewerthon

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I`m assuming he`s got a Spanish passport from his time in Spain to bypass the usual non EU work permit isssue .....(he played 7 times for Brazil but that was a good while back)

IIRC one of the reasons Zaragoza sold him is that he failed to get one and they needed his non-EU player roster spot for Suazo.

that would be surprising considering it`s piss easy to get a Spanish passport for Latin American players (2 years residence IIRC) . He was there for 6 years :lol:....but fair enough if what you say is correct.

I`m assuming he`s got a Spanish passport from his time in Spain to bypass the usual non EU work permit isssue .....(he played 7 times for Brazil but that was a good while back)

IIRC one of the reasons Zaragoza sold him is that he failed to get one and they needed his non-EU player roster spot for Suazo.

that would be surprising considering it`s piss easy to get a Spanish passport for Latin American players (2 years residence IIRC) . He was there for 6 years :lol:....but fair enough if what you say is correct.

He went on loan to Stuttgart right after he accrued the mandatory two years, and wasn't able to start the process until he returned to Zaragoza (must reside in Spain, and I suspect that leave might have even "resetted" the clock - I'm not that familiar with the law). Also I suspect he was due a bonus if he achieved it (pretty common in Spain to pay a bonus to a player when he gets an EU passport) and Zaragoza don't have a pot to piss on.

`but if you're asking me about whether he would move to Newcastle? Then yes, obviously they are a calibre of club he would very much consider playing for."`

encouraging from the agent.

Heh, seems like he was playing for Real Madrid and Chelsea these past 3 years.

Yes, hope we get this sorted asap.

VI says he's lost his hunger, you never know, we might spark it.

As I said, by all accounts he's the best free player out there, and on form he's comfortably ahead of your current set of strikers. Wouldn't hesitate on giving him a 6-month contract but I suspect he'll ask for a longer one which may be riskier.

Yes, hope we get this sorted asap.

VI says he's lost his hunger, you never know, we might spark it.

As I said, by all accounts he's the best free player out there, and on form he's comfortably ahead of your current set of strikers. Wouldn't hesitate on giving him a 6-month contract but I suspect he'll ask for a longer one which may be riskier.

I'd give him 18months no problem then. We need some quality upfront, we can't live off what we've got and relegation is too expensive to flirt with over say an extra £1m on a contract in wages.