Those who left early on Saturday ?

Benwell Lad

I don't really blame anyone for walking out - i'd have considered it if i were there

Why? What's the difference in losing 3-0 and 8-0?

I don't get what you mean. After the fourth one went in i'd have thought "f*** this". Absolutely no question. I defy anyone to not have felt a modicum of apathy. It takes a bit more to actually walk out but i'd have thought about it, for however many nano-seconds.

Of course we all felt apathy, but the game changed within 5 minutes of the game kicking off again. Goes to show that people should have a bit more patience, and at least have given it 10 more minutes.

I'm not justifying those walking out per se. I'm moreso simply pointing out that it's no great surprise.

Oh of course.

This is the stadium where half the crowd come in 10 minutes late, go to half time 10 minutes early, come back 10 minutes late after half time and leave 10 minutes before the end :lol:

I don't really blame anyone for walking out - i'd have considered it if i were there

Why? What's the difference in losing 3-0 and 8-0?

I don't get what you mean. After the fourth one went in i'd have thought "f*** this". Absolutely no question. I defy anyone to not have felt a modicum of apathy. It takes a bit more to actually walk out but i'd have thought about it, for however many nano-seconds.

Of course we all felt apathy, but the game changed within 5 minutes of the game kicking off again. Goes to show that people should have a bit more patience, and at least have given it 10 more minutes.

I'm not justifying those walking out per se. I'm moreso simply pointing out that it's no great surprise.

This is always going to get dismissed as a 'soopa fan' argument, which it isn't.

I go and watch Newcastle matches because:

a) I want to support the team

b) I want to be entertained

I've never understood the mentality of 'fans' whose passion for the club or match is dependent upon the scoreline or how well we're doing.

I enjoy winning games, I get hacked off when we lose - particularly when it's a poor performance by our team (Bolton 1-5 wasn't much fun) - but I still wouldn't leave before the final whistle. What if we scored a consolation right at the end?

EDIT: Even if there's just a period of play later on in the game that impresses me, something to give a bit of hope that the next match won't follow the same result and there's something for the team to build on.

I think 'dependant on the scoreline' is selling the magnitude of those first 26 minutes a bit short.

This is the thing for me, it looked like it was going to be 10-0.

I don't think I would have left, but I don't really blame people who did. Obviously in hindsight it seems stupid, but at the time the mood was depressing as anything.

Guest neesy111

Never walked out during a 1st half.  Only time I've left very early was the 4-4 troyes game and that was when I was younger and my dad dragged me out.  He was furious with the crowd who booed Warren Barton after he did a howler (rightly so).

Earliest walked out was when the 4th went in the 4-1 defeat to Pompey.

don't feel sorry whatsoever for those that walked out .

Agreed

Dont think i'll ever forgot that match, everyone standing up in the Gallowgate End at 3-4 belting out Blaydon Races i'll take that feeling to my grave.

I think 'dependant on the scoreline' is selling the magnitude of those first 26 minutes a bit short.

Like I said above, what's the difference if we lose 3-0 or 8-0? Maybe even 10-0...a record-breaking thrashing...why would you walk out early? :dontknow:

Never walked out during a 1st half.  Only time I've left very early was the 4-4 troyes game and that was when I was younger and my dad dragged me out.  He was furious with the crowd who booed Warren Barton after he did a howler (rightly so).

Earliest walked out was when the 4th went in the 4-1 defeat to Pompey.

Eeeeh, some people have nae shame.

Never walked out a second early but not going to piss my pants and start crying because some people do.

They pay for a ticket, they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Agree entirely with that line, doesn't mean that I understand why they would do it though.

"After Arsenal made it 4-0, the guy next to me, who I love to bits and is a proper Newcastle fan, started rabbiting on about Robin van Persie getting him points for his fantasy football team."

Some twat mentioned something similiar in the match thread, really irritated me and I was going to let rip at him. But the forum was moving way too quickly so I didn't bother to quote.

Guest neesy111

I've never known anyone walk out because they're furious with the crowd :lol:

I've thought about it more times than because of the game TBH.

Same, their have been a few games where the way the crowd was getting on the players back made me think what was the point in getting behind the team.

Walked out with about 5 mins left when Birmingham scored their 4th when they walloped us in the cup at St James', only time. Can't get my head around leaving so early as Saturday, surely you at least want to see how your players react? Tells you just as much about them as a big win, arguably more.

Never walked out a second early but not going to piss my pants and start crying because some people do.

They pay for a ticket, they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Agree entirely with that line, doesn't mean that I understand why they would do it though.

Aye, no idea why folk would wish to leave early and in an ideal world they would hang around and support their team to the end. Every ground has it's dafties  :sadnod: