England Vs Denmark

Guest Tdeans

For what it's worth Eriksen is massively highly rated. He was the best player on the pitch tonight despite being 18.

Fine when Man Utd, Chelsea or some other big club buys him I'm gonna say I told you so.

If you don't see how that's not the point then I've encountered more intelligent ironing boards.

Expected better, Sewelly.

It's brilliant that he seems to think you agreed with him :lol: :lol:

If thats directed towards me then what the hell are you talking about??? Please quote where I even indicate that I thought that he agreed with me??? Seriously?

Eriksen has been highly touted since he was 12 years old. Trials at Barcelona, Milan, Chelsea at the age of 14-15 tells you that. Wisely he and the club OB choose Ajax as the best platform to build on his extraordinary talent. He's said to be the best propects since Michael Laudrup and noone disagrees. He has the kicking of Sneijder with both legs although he is naturally rigthfooted. He's quiet small in stature and I don't think he's strong enough to the english game. He's bound to go to Spain at some time.

Barca-type of player...

Love it when people say hes not cut out for the English game but is a Barca type player.  Would Barcelona not probably win the premier league with their squad?  I understand what you are saying but even if Barca playing Stoke away in sleet on a tuesday night in december I know who my money would be on.

Maybe they would. Don't really care if they would. It's about the type of player he is. Very small in stature, not a physical presence at all, and would be roughed around a lot. I've seen this kid since he was 13, and everyone could see that he was going to be something special.

He's saying today that he would prefer so stay with Ajax for the contract running out and not to go to Liverpool, Chelsea, Barca, Milan right now as he has tons to learn yet. And I'm pretty sure that the next step in his career isn't in the direction of England.

And yes...he played in the local Middelfart as a youngster and then moved on to one of the bigger clubs in Denmark, Odense BK. One of the last games he played at youthlevel the team won 7-1. He scored 5 and assisted the last 2 - in a league with player 2 years older than himself.

He's going to be a very big star for the future and opposite Bendtner keeps both feet on the ground.