Laurent Robert

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

Strange player Robert. For every game where he looked like a world beater, he'd have 5 where he just couldn't be bothered.

Like a lot of players though, folk just tend to remember the highlight reel rather than the unedited version.

Robert generally guaranteed a few excellent crosses per game. There was often nobody attacking the ball, though. He had nowhere near 5 bad games for every good performance. He was effective in 3 games out of 4.

Guest BooBoo

Robert generally guaranteed a few excellent crosses per game. There was often nobody attacking the ball, though. He had nowhere near 5 bad games for every good performance. He was effective in 3 games out of 4.

Hmm, I cannot concur. Superb on his day though.

He had a lot of s***, but it was him and Bellamy  - and their facilitation of Shearer - that took us to the CL.

Even if his play was awful, me might score a fk or something. Remember the 3-2 comeback at Derby screaming for him to be taken off, then he scored to make it 1-2 from the fk, and off we were.

Guest BooBoo

He had a lot of shit, but it was him and Bellamy  - and their facilitation of Shearer - that took us to the CL.

Still think Robert's best game was very early in his NUFC career at Boro where he scored one and made three.

Guest johnson293

Robert was sublime.

So many memories of him in a Newcastle shirt.

The overhead backheel

The goals against Tottenham.

Probably the most relevant memory of Laurent Robert, absolutely smacking the ball full on into Bernard's face, from about 4 yards.

Couple of cracking goals on Merseyside, too... one against each of Everton and Liverpool.

Guest BooBoo

That red card was a nonsense. Was the second yellow for taking a FK too quickly? I dont think I've ever seen that be a yellow card offence before or since.

It was a disgrace, he wasn't even trying to pass to anyone, just kicked it off Robert knowing he would get a second yellow.

I was livid with Bergkamp after that, it was so deliberate - can still see him gesticulating to the ref within a second of kicking the ball of Robert.

Even though Keegan's entertainers is the best side we've had in the PL, Bobby's 01/02 team is my favourite.

The speed and skill of Robert, Nobby, Dyer and Bellamy combined with the experience of Speed and Shearer.  It was the perfect balance.  Watching us cut through teams was just magic.

That FA Cup match against Arsenal where he got the ball from Shearer's flick on and buried it with his right foot was one of my favourite Robert moments.  St. James' was rocking.

Guest BooBoo

We've not got a single player on the books at the moment who is a genuine and regular threat from outside the box whether it be at set pieces or open play. Bobby's side had a host of players who could shoot effectively at range.

Even though Keegan's entertainers is the best side we've had in the PL, Bobby's 01/02 team is my favourite.

The speed and skill of Robert, Nobby, Dyer and Bellamy combined with the experience of Speed and Shearer.  It was the perfect balance.  Watching us cut through teams was just magic.

That FA Cup match against Arsenal where he got the ball from Shearer's flick on and buried it with his right foot was one of my favourite Robert moments.  St. James' was rocking.

I'm sure he hit the bar too that game. Think we'd have won the FA Cup had that went in. Sure Andy O'Brien missed a sitter at 0-0 at Chelsea too in the Quarters of the Carling Cup, we would have had a real shout at winning that too. :(

Guest BooBoo

Was that when Hasselbaink scored in injury time? That was a right choker as we'd played well enough to take it to extra time.