Shefki Kuqi

ponsaelius

Guest palnese

Was class when he came on. Continued what Best had been doing all game, closing down the defenders, but went one better and made good tackles.

Class? He was on for about 3 minutes :lol:

Was class when he came on. Continued what Best had been doing all game, closing down the defenders, but went one better and made good tackles.

I only saw about 2.5 minutes of class tbf.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:In those three minutes, he made 4 tackles, almost won a penalty, and covered more ground than Shola managers in 80 minutes (last one may not be true).

• 3 weeks later...

http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sJDiAj9BxZrQPSkOd_cicLg/view.m?id=15&gid=football/2011/feb/20/shefki-kuqi-interview&cat=football

Kuqi: I was terrified of making a sound

Newcastle's well-travelled forward Shefki Kuqi's recalls the dramatic journey he made from Kosovo in 1989

there`s a related video interview with him and Cana through BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9425303.stm?

Playing right into Stoke's hands that though. He's more effective against smaller centre-backs when you want a goal and just want to pump balls into the box. Do that against Stoke though and Huth & Shawcross will have a field day.

Yeah, but what's the alternative? One up front or Lovenkrands plays.*

*subject to Shola's fitness

We are screwed if lovenkrands plays like he has done in recent games, completely ineffective

Loven is an attacker who chases the room behind the defense. Timely and effective runs are his specialty. But to function properly, he needs to play together with a midfielder that's able to hit those passes. But with Barton out, we have almost no creativity in the middle. We have an AM in Nolan completely incapable of hitting an offensive pass. And our wide men aren't what we call accurate either. In other words: it was not an coincidence that Loven started to play rubbish simultaneously with Barton being injured. Before that untimely injury, Loven acutally improved for  each game.  

Guest Stephen927

Playing right into Stoke's hands that though. He's more effective against smaller centre-backs when you want a goal and just want to pump balls into the box. Do that against Stoke though and Huth & Shawcross will have a field day.

:thup:

We are screwed if lovenkrands plays like he has done in recent games, completely ineffective

Loven is an attacker that chases the room behind the defense. Timely and effective runs are his specialty. But to function properly, he needs to play together with a midfielder that's able to hit those passes. But with Barton out, we have almost no creativity in the middle. We have an AM in Nolan completely incapable of hitting an offensive pass. And our wide men aren't what we call accurate either. In other words: it was not an coincidence that Loven started to play rubbish simultaneously with Barton being injured. Before that untimely injury, Loven acutally improved for  each game. 

What an absolute load of rubbish.

It's not as if we're going to see any sort of improvement by playing Kuqi instead of Lovenkrands.

Aye, he might win a header in the 90 mins but unfortunately this doesn't disguise the fact that he is a useless fat f***.

Says you, who's never seen him play.

Loven is an attacker that chases the room behind the defense. Timely and effective runs are his specialty. But to function properly, he needs to play together with a midfielder that's able to hit those passes. But with Barton out, we have almost no creativity in the middle. We have an AM in Nolan completely incapable of hitting an offensive pass. And our wide men aren't what we call accurate either. In other words: it was not an coincidence that Loven started to play rubbish simultaneously with Barton being injured. Before that untimely injury, Loven acutally improved for  each game. 

What an absolute load of rubbish.

Then your football intelligence is non-existing. Instead of labeling my post as rubbish, you could try to counter-argument me.

In which games did he play well? He's been bloody useless all season. Even last season I only saw him get in behind the defence once or twice. He doesn't have the pace to play the way you're suggesting, not anymore.

It's not as if we're going to see any sort of improvement by playing Kuqi instead of Lovenkrands.

Aye, he might win a header in the 90 mins but unfortunately this doesn't disguise the fact that he is a useless fat f***.

Says you, who's never seen him play.

Erm, aye, alreet......

In which games did he play well? He's been bloody useless all season. Even last season I only saw him get in behind the defence once or twice. He doesn't have the pace to play the way you're suggesting, not anymore.

The reason why he doesn't get behind the defense is because he never receives a good pass. He's had some decent runs, but the pass is not arriving. The attackers are dependent on a midfield with creativity  that can feed them. Without Barton all our creativity is gone. I don't have the statistics in my head, but I think we've not won one single match when Barton is out. It's not just Loven who's not functioning, the whole team suffers.

The reason why he doesn't get behind the defense is because he never receives a good pass. He's had some decent runs, but the pass is not arriving. The attackers are dependent on a midfield with creativity  that can feed them. Without Barton all our creativity is gone. I don't have the statistics in my head, but I think we've not won one single match when Barton is out. It's not just Loven who's not functioning, the whole team suffers.

Barton's played all but about 6 games this season, man. Guthrie was there playing some lovely passes when he got time on the ball last season.

His runs are usually in straight lines - easy to track, a second too early or a second too late.