FA Cup revamp

Stifler

Am I the only one that thinks the kick off time change would be canny? Atmosphere is generally better when it's a late kick off in football and gives people more time to enjoy their day/have a few pints/soak up the atmosphere.

Please don't get a league game played at SJP mixed up with the FA cup final or a FA cup semi final both great occasions with brilliant atmospheres until you realise the dream is over.

FA CUP SEMI FINAL 05

My video. :aww:

Absolutely hate seeding. I don't mind the other changes although it would be a fuck on for fans travelling to the final if it's a later KO.

Seeding is a f***ing bollocks idea.

This. Would just lead to easier routes to the latter rounds for the bigger teams.

Wouldn't mind replays being banished to the history books, they are rather tedious.

I wouldn't say so, if you get drawn away to a big club your chances reduce very quickly, or for especially lower league teams, getting a point and going back to old trafford fr instance can be massive financially for the club.

Rather they just kept it how it is, best cup in the world!

Am I the only one that thinks the kick off time change would be canny? Atmosphere is generally better when it's a late kick off in football and gives people more time to enjoy their day/have a few pints/soak up the atmosphere.

Please don't get a league game played at SJP mixed up with the FA cup final or a FA cup semi final both great occasions with brilliant atmospheres until you realise the dream is over.

FA CUP SEMI FINAL 05

My video. :aww:

Absolutely hate seeding. I don't mind the other changes although it would be a f*** on for fans travelling to the final if it's a later KO.

It is  a awesome video. Why would you want to change anything that creates that sort of buzz pre-game.

Guest Brummiemag

Changing the kick off time, no replays and seeding all further devalue a great competition 

However a potential Champions League place for the winner could transform the competition  - it could be boost the competition needs because something needs to be done to stop clubs including Newcastle from fielding weakened teams

So overall I would support the changes solely because more teams will take the competition seriously

How will taking away the replays and changing KO time devalue the competition? ???

One of the great things about the FA Cup was travelling away from home with thousands of fellow supporters  - midweek games will mean far less people travelling away which means smaller crowds and the spiral of decline and interest continues

As for replays I would keep them - where has this myth come from that there too many games - it never used to be an issue - getting a draw away from home used to be seen as a good thing - now its seen as an inconvenience

The one good thing about the proposals was the Champions League spot for the winners - the vested interests of the Premier League will never allow this to happen  - they need to protect their vastly over rated and over hyped product

Without the Champions League spot these proposals will effectively kill the competion off - its a shame because along with the League Cup it is the only trophy we had the slightest chance of competing in now that all ambition to ever challenge at the top of the division has gone.         

There are ways of evolving the FA Cup without killling the romance. Seeding would destroy it. We need to stay away from that.

No problem with rounds happening in  midweek, as long as its from the 5th round onwards.

Also have no problems with scrapping replays, as long as its from the 5th round onwards. By then, all the little clubs are out and nobody cares about Chelsea vs Liverpool in a replay.....just end it on the day.

Like the idea of a Champions League place, but that'll just make us less likely to win the cup as the big clubs will make sure they try.

If you want teams to take the comp seriously then dangle a champions league place for the winners.

Seeding teams is bad.

9 of the last 10 winners of the FA Cup have qualified for the Champions League anyway so I'm not sure that would make much difference.

If you want teams to take the comp seriously then dangle a champions league place for the winners.

Seeding teams is bad.

9 of the last 10 winners of the FA Cup have qualified for the Champions League anyway so I'm not sure that would make much difference.

Then the winners of the FA cup donate it to either the runner up or a lower placed League team. 

The champs league placing with the FA cup gives teams like Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Bolton and Everton etc at least a crack at it.

Whats the pont in playing in the premier league, we'll never win it.

How about just scrapping the League Cup? Keep replays, still less matches that way.

Throw the prize money into the FA Cup pot and put a CL place on the line.

There's barely enough demand for one Cup competition, never mind two.

How about just scrapping the League Cup? Keep replays, still less matches that way.

Somehow I can't see the Football  League willing to do that.

Somehow I can't see the Football  League willing to do that.

Oh right, separate entities. Never mind, bollocks.

why change a classic formula?

If you do away with replays you've just about guaranteed that the draw is more important than the match - it  will lead to away teams playing 1-10 and hoping to win on penalties

Even though replays can be boring as on some occasions it is one of the things that makes the competition unique. Also, wouldn't this massively influence how much cash lower league sides would get from their cup runs as a whole as there would be less matches for them without the potential replay?

As for the CL spot to the winner, awesome idea but didn't UEFA shoot it down earlier?

I think it's an absolute travesty how clubs like Newcastle don't prioritise the FA Cup. Surely it's the biggest thing we could ever dream of winning in the next 10 years. Like it or not.

Even though replays can be boring as on some occasions it is one of the things that makes the competition unique. Also, wouldn't this massively influence how much cash lower league sides would get from their cup runs as a whole as there would be less matches for them without the potential replay?

As for the CL spot to the winner, awesome idea but didn't UEFA shoot it down earlier?

I think it's an absolute travesty how clubs like Newcastle don't prioritise the FA Cup. Surely it's the biggest thing we could ever dream of winning in the next 10 years. Like it or not.

It wasn't our priority this season. 

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I'm all up for scrapping the league cup, it's poop and no body cares about it. Although if we ever won it I'd be over the moon :)

why change a classic formula?

If you do away with replays you've just about guaranteed that the draw is more important than the match - it  will lead to away teams playing 1-10 and hoping to win on penalties

As opposed to hoping to win the replay? Can't see the difference.