Birmingham City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/02/11 - post match reaction from p25

Dave

Harper 7 - assured

Simpson 7 - steady

Coloccini 8 - classy

Williamson 8 - solid

Enrique 7 - grew

Barton 7 - steely

Nolan 7 - gritty

Tiote 8 - menacing

Gutierrez 8 - excellent

Lovenkrands 7 - improved

Best 8 - impressive

Ranger 6 - endeavoured

Guthrie 6 - fine

Campbell 6 - composed

Guest Heneage

Oba showed why a) he was a major part of why we went down, b) why two clubs have cast him aside almost instantly and c) why he's at a club like Birmingham.

Be interested to have you explain this mate curious.

wat

Exactly what it says on the tin Dave, no way am I disagreeing with him I just wasn't following the game so would like to know how he performed.

great performance, fantastic from Enrique, Jonas, Tiote and Barton.

Enrique dropped two bollocks in the first half. He got caught dwelling on the ball. It could have cost us dearly. Why don't people praise the likes of Williamson, Simpson and the strikers?

On the way home from work, Moncur was saying on the radio that Simpson had a poor-ish first half. Is that true?

Moncur often seems to be watching a different game to the rest of us so I would take that with a pinch of salt.

That was a fantastic win and nobody let us down today, we really do have the makings of a good team if we can carry on like this and build on it in the summer.

Indeed, if we fail to build on this season it'll be gutting. This team is an excellent platform to add to.

Oba showed why a) he was a major part of why we went down, b) why two clubs have cast him aside almost instantly and c) why he's at a club like Birmingham.

wat

Exactly what it says on the tin Dave, no way am I disagreeing with him I just wasn't following the game so would like to know how he performed.

It was just the way you worded it man, just pulling your pisser.

Guest Heneage

wat

It was just the way you worded it man, just pulling your pisser.

;D

I saw the game, anyway the early goal meant we didn't need to get out of 2nd gear at any point during the game. After we scored we were 2nd best though until the 20th minute or so. I just felt like screaming at the team to keep the ball and let them chase the game. I was also frustrated that at that point we played too many long balls and kept losing it, though to be fair to the lads the pitch wasn't ideal to keep the ball on the ground. However once we did start keeping it on the ground we were the better team. The 2nd goal early in the 2nd half was another plus, really meant that basically we didn't have to anything at all and by the end Birmingham were knackered and we looked to take them on the break. We frustrated them a lot by simply not allowing the ball to get into our own box. A good win, like I said though we never really had to get out of 2nd gear.

Jonas in the first half was awful apart from his assist, he came to life in the 2nd half though, two good assists though. If he can work on doing more of those types of balls then he will be the finished article.

Tiote had a good shot in the 2nd half heading into the top corner, a good save only kept it from going in.

Zigic showed that he is a dirty bastard.

Getting across the first man just as we didn't against BRFC. :thup: Basic stuff.

That said I think with Barton, Enrique & Jonas today - a lot of balls went in near post area and only once (when Lovenkrands missed the ball from that curved Enrique ball) did the strikers get across their man to attack which is absolutely criminal.

Should be a manager me.