Birmingham City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/02/11 - post match reaction from p25

Dave

I was at the match got a free ticket of my mate at uni but unfortunastly was in the home end but right in the corner next to away section. Was really struggling to hold myself together when goals went in.

One thing I noticed in the bottom corner of the away end, a bunch of shifty looking youths (often spoken to by the police) kept bringing out a flag after each goal but only for like 10 seconds, i remeber it saying something like " RUG ... the new batch". Anyone know what this is about, is it just a few youth tring to act like there tough guys?

Anyway what an great match, the away fans were absolutely amazing during the whole match, was desperate to get in there with them. Could here smoe of the Brummie fans cringing with embarressment when the geordie boys were taking the piss!

The flag lot are our young radgies. New Batch is what they call themselves and the name on it is one of them's uncles nickname, the uncle being a very well known older lad.

7th is more realistic than 17th imo and has been since we beat Everton. Waivered a bit in November/December but all in all we've been top 10 more than bottom.

Since we lost at Man City, we've dropped into the bottom half twice all season.