Champions League Final 2011

Mr. Snrub

Ticket sales for the 2011 UEFA Champions League final – being played at Wembley Stadium in London on Saturday 28 May – will begin at 12.00CET on Thursday 24 February exclusively via UEFA.com.

The sales window will remain open between 24 February and Friday 18 March at 18.00CET, and is an opportunity for the international general public to apply for two tickets per person from an allocation of 11,000 for the showpiece match in the UK capital (20.45CET kick-off).

Sales will be conducted exclusively through Europe's football website, UEFA.com, with each applicant having to complete in full the online application form. Should demand exceed supply then every valid request will enter a lottery to decide the allocation.

Ticket price categories open to the international general public are: Category 1 – £300; Category 2 – £225 (or £338 for a youth package comprising one adult and one child); Category 3 – £150; and Wheelchair £80. A total of 500 youth package tickets are being allocated to neutral fans worldwide.

All valid general public applications will go into the lottery provided they are made within the application period. Each successful candidate will be eligible for a maximum of two tickets. With the submission of their request, the applicant accepts the ticketing Terms and Conditions.

The administrative fee will be £26 (including postal charges) for successful applicants inside Europe and £36 for the rest of the world. Payment will be by credit card only; MasterCard is the preferred payment system, with Diners, JCB and Visa also accepted.

Applicants will be informed by email by Wednesday 6 April at the latest if they have been successful or not, with tickets being dispatched before the end of April by secure mail. Candidates for tickets will be able to check the status of their applications from 6 April using their ticket portal log-in information.

The net capacity of Wembley Stadium for the UEFA Champions League final will be around 86,000. Each finalist club will be entitled to take up to 25,000 tickets, to be distributed directly to their fans.

The remaining tickets will be allocated to the European football family, including UEFA, the local organising committee, national associations, commercial partners and broadcasters.

£176 for the cheapest ticket.  What an absolute disgrace, how do they get away with it.

Really doing their best to keep the real football fans out of the game.  What next, a shirt and tie dress code for the match..

I wouldn't go for free tbh.

Good for you

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uX5omDq1p-Q/SfZDBF0lPLI/AAAAAAAAA2A/-8WbfBUJUIw/s320/south-park-smug-313.gif

Indeed, many better things to do for £176.

I wouldn't go for free tbh.

Good for you

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uX5omDq1p-Q/SfZDBF0lPLI/AAAAAAAAA2A/-8WbfBUJUIw/s320/south-park-smug-313.gif

Indeed, many better things to do for £176.

Yeah but you would not go for FREE

I wouldn’t go for £176 either.

The opening ceremony for the olympics could go up to £2012 in comparison for an event (imo) bigger it isn't bad, but as one football match it's a bit mental!

I don't understand why you can only order with a credit card though... I'm going have to get one i think, if Arsenal don't get to the final i'll be a dirty tout.

Infact, I'm tempted to apply for tickets.

This is why tickets are sold to neutral fans, so people like Sewelly can go to a game like this.

:lol:

As a fan I'd rather they went to fans of the teams that are playing like. Clearly their agenda is to give neutral tickets though.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I don't think they're too expensive. The admin fee is silly, they're making ticketmaster look good!

I can agree that the neutral fan section is too big, I think it's an ok idea but the sizing is wrong for me.

I'm tempted to apply for these now :)

I'd pay three, maybe five times that to to watch Newcastle in a CL final.

In fact, I would be paying 3~5 times that when you take airfare into account.

Heck, I already have paid 3~ 5 times that to watch such brilliant, scintillating matches as 06/07 Man City(h), 07/08 Liverpool(h), and 08/09 Fulham(a).

:kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm:

The opening ceremony for the olympics could go up to £2012 in comparison for an event (imo) bigger it isn't bad, but as one football match it's a bit mental!

I don't understand why you can only order with a credit card though... I'm going have to get one i think, if Arsenal don't get to the final i'll be a dirty tout.

You wouldn't be the first.  Stan Flashman was an Arsenal ST holder before he bought Barnet.

Guest Roger Kint

25000 tickets to each team at £80 isnt that bad really..........if you can get one! I would have no problems paying that if we got there!