Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  to each their own.

Like I said, I would like to visit NYC at some point, as it has a lot to offer in the way of things that I would really enjoy, it's just not near the top of the list.  I'd rather spend the money to visit Newcastle for instance.  :naughty:

Paris is a shit-hole. Literally. Dog shit everywhere on the streets. When I was there in 2006 they had a ridiculous bum-city right on the street with a ton of homeless fucks laid out on couches, tents, sleeping bags, basically having set up a permanent shanty-town right there on the sidewalk. Definitely one of the low points on my trip.

London was cool but so expensive... Highpoints for me were Stockholm and Barcelona. Also Galway in Ireland was a fucking blast, great party town.

True enough I'm sure, I was only there for a few days.

However, of the major european cities that I spent a few days in, Paris was at the bottom of the list for sure.

Not worth much as an analysis I guess, but there you go.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  to each their own.

Like I said, I would like to visit NYC at some point, as it has a lot to offer in the way of things that I would really enjoy, it's just not near the top of the list.  I'd rather spend the money to visit Newcastle for instance.  :naughty:

For a guy who loves his food, drink and unique bars and such- NYC would be right up your alley man.  Also yes JOW in Asheville, heard great things about it.

Thats good for Comcast subscribers.  I have AT&T U-Verse so myself, Verizon, DirectTV, and Brighthouse/Timewarner folks are still f***ed! :lol:

DirecTV has it already.

Them, Comcast & Dish.

Well...I'll grab my coat then. I knew I should have looked that up!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know if the toon game is on TV in the Kissimmee area, the villa has brighthouse network if that makes any difference.

Help :)

it's on ESPN 2 according to nufc.com which you should get in your villa. Otherwise Orlando ale house on w192 or longhorn steakhouse w192 may be showing it. E192 Fox and Hounds may well have it on.

Agreed with all the above regarding ESPN2 availability. Any sports bar will carry it. The spots recommended are good shouts too.

Aye been to Longhorn's on the 192 food was good like, didn't know they showed the games.

Found espn2 in the villa and flicked forward a day and it's on there, was starting to worry I would miss it.

A few of the pubs over on I-Drive will have it too if you're looking for an atmosphere.

This may be a long shot too but you didn't go to the Magic Kingdom last Monday did you?  I went there on Monday and when I was on the monorail back to the parking lot I sat across from a Geordie family.

Agreed with all the above regarding ESPN2 availability. Any sports bar will carry it. The spots recommended are good shouts too.

Aye been to Longhorn's on the 192 food was good like, didn't know they showed the games.

Found espn2 in the villa and flicked forward a day and it's on there, was starting to worry I would miss it.

Longhorns have Fox Soccer Channel and definately show Champions League games as i watched Marseille v Arsenal in there last October.

Not guilty, we don't really bother with the parks, done them a few times over the years.

Ran into a guy from Gateshead who has lived in Florida for years at Bob Evans on the 192, American/Geordie accent was amusing.

What do you do as a tourist in Orlando if you're not going to the parks, if I may ask?  Especially as you're staying in Kissimmee. That whole side of town just seems geared towards everyone going to Disney/Universal.  The shopping's cheap though for sure.