Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

Any Canadians know which channel the game is on today, can't find it listed anywhere ??? Not sure who has the monday night games this season, think it was TSN last year. Someone must have it because it's not even listed for tape delay on Setanta either.

Where will you be (city wise)?    (Nixon)

DC/NOVA.

We've earmarked Ireland fourcourts but now not looking likely.

There's a place in town that opens up really early for matches (7:30am when I was there).  It's called Fado's.  Get off at the Chinatown Metro (Verizon Center stop) and walk North up 7th St.

That's where I watched Ben Arfa get slaughtered by De Jong  :'(

Here's the actual address:

808 7th Street Northwest

Washington D.C., DC 20001

And then afterwards you can go to Nando's, which is across the street.

DC/NOVA.

There's a place in town that opens up really early for matches (7:30am when I was there).  It's called Fado's.  Get off at the Chinatown Metro (Verizon Center stop) and walk North up 7th St.

808 7th Street Northwest

Ah nice! We went to the Crime and Punishment museum the other day which is right by there then hit up Nando's.

She has a test sadly so I'm watching it on a PC in some Community College computer lab. I'd be looking on livescore if it weren't for too football fans sat right next to me who helped me.

What channel is the match on tomorrow? I missed the qpr one in san Diego, slept in too late to find somewhere. I have the arsenal game in my hotel room but not having any luck finding ours.

What channel is the match on tomorrow? I missed the qpr one in san Diego, slept in too late to find somewhere. I have the arsenal game in my hotel room but not having any luck finding ours.

Fox Soccer Channel. You'll need to go somewhere that actually subscribes to it..

• 1 month later...

808 7th Street Northwest

I'm going to be in DC for the Man Utd game in November before flying back to the UK later that night. Is this place a good meeting place to watch it in good company?

Will also be in Nashville for the City game and looking for a good tip on somewhere to watch there too.

DC/NOVA.

808 7th Street Northwest

Ah nice! We went to the Crime and Punishment museum the other day which is right by there then hit up Nando's.

She has a test sadly so I'm watching it on a PC in some Community College computer lab. I'd be looking on livescore if it weren't for too football fans sat right next to me who helped me.

You guys get a good crowd in DC?  I am up the street in Baltimore and we have a decent enough following up here.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest toonarmymia

Various groups in the US are having some meetups for upcoming matches and if you're around or close to either Florida or New York, thought I'd mention it

Firstly, in Florida we're going to arrange the 1st Sunshine State Toon Army meetup in Fort Lauderdale (most likely for the late ko Spurs game in February). Contact me for further details or on twitter (@toonarmymia)

Secondly, in New York they're having their almost-annual East coast mackem derby convention with toon fans coming in from DC, Canada and around for a day of drinking starting most likely around 7-8am (@toonarmynyc).

All are welcome.

Also, if you're in Texas, there's a new supporters group in Dallas (@toonarmydallas)

Guest toonarmymia

I'm looking for a spot in Boston, any help would be lovely

the banshee (@bansheeboston) place to go to. mike waldron organizes the geordies there

Guest toonarmymia

They're dickheads who feel the need to bitch about anything that Americans say/do, that's all.

i'm not american (from newcastle), but why should it matter where you're from if you follow NUFC?

Guest toonarmymia

I think its the word convention he is on about. Fair play to ye's lads, enjoy the craic!

aye, its a yank word to describe something happening in yank land

Guest toonarmymia

Merged this thread with the other one, there was no need for two. As you created it you can alter the thread title yourself when a new convention is taking place, etc. :thup:

cheers Rich!

thanks for keeping it for us USA toon fans