Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

I'm sure our weather, some pools, beach on the east coast or west coast are a big draw to those who don't care for the parks. Nice central location with a big airport a nice jump-off point to drive to the state's other "natural" attractions?

Not guilty, we don't really bother with the parks, done them a few times over the years.

Ran into a guy from Gateshead who has lived in Florida for years at Bob Evans on the 192, American/Geordie accent was amusing.

What do you do as a tourist in Orlando if you're not going to the parks, if I may ask?  Especially as you're staying in Kissimmee. That whole side of town just seems geared towards everyone going to Disney/Universal.  The shopping's cheap though for sure.

Anything really, like to have a poke about.

Nice weather, own pool at the villa, shopping etc etc.

It's a lot more expensive this year mind, seems everything has shot up in price.

Not guilty, we don't really bother with the parks, done them a few times over the years.

Ran into a guy from Gateshead who has lived in Florida for years at Bob Evans on the 192, American/Geordie accent was amusing.

What do you do as a tourist in Orlando if you're not going to the parks, if I may ask?  Especially as you're staying in Kissimmee. That whole side of town just seems geared towards everyone going to Disney/Universal.  The shopping's cheap though for sure.

Anything really, like to have a poke about.

Nice weather, own pool at the villa, shopping etc etc.

It's a lot more expensive this year mind, seems everything has shot up in price.

Exchange rate ain't as good as well which doesn't help.

I'd definitely prefer to be in Miami than Orlando with that criteria.

We've been coming to the same area for years and years and like it here, we might do one park during our time here but we don't do them every day, like to chill out too.

I'd definitely prefer to be in Miami than Orlando with that criteria.

We've been coming to the same area for years and years and like it here, we might do one park during our time here but we don't do them every day, like to chill out too.

You should try and go to Epcot during Food & Wine Festival.  It's a wonderful experience and when the weather is right, such a treat. I don't know how long you are here, but starts September 28 and ends November 12th.  I've gone the past 5 years and each time has been a different, unique and brilliant experience for food, drink, etc.  Bit pricey mind you when you add it up as its park admission + money you must put on a little card that gets swiped each drink, snack, etc - but its really really worth the experience if you are into that sort of thing.  Take a few minutes and look into it at the link below:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/special-events/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

On a side note, I'm in the hospitality industry - I work in hotel m&a, acquisitions/dispositions, development etc and I'm always well grateful for the loads of UK/European travelers who make up something like 20% of international travel to this city. Madness as its dropped some 15-20 pts too! Hope you lot continue to come here more, spend on theme parks, shopping, food&drink etc more :thup: keeps so many people in this town with a job.

On a side note, I'm in the hospitality industry - I work in hotel m&a, acquisitions/dispositions, development etc and I'm always well grateful for the loads of UK/European travelers who make up something like 20% of international travel to this city. Madness as its dropped some 15-20 pts too! Hope you lot continue to come here more, spend on theme parks, shopping, food&drink etc more :thup: keeps so many people in this town with a job.

8th time in Kissimmee for us, we try to come every two years. Most of the people are really nice and take the time to make you feel welcome.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but anyone any idea what nights the fireworks are on at Disney :).

Every night.  The Magic Kingdom does 'em a few times a night.  Epcot does one show at 9.  Hollywood Studios has some fireworks but they are part of a seated show called Fantasmic (which is pretty awesome).

You should try and go to Epcot during Food & Wine Festival.

Going on the 30th (and many more times in October) if you wanna meet up for a drink. :pow:

Sorry for hijacking this thread but anyone any idea what nights the fireworks are on at Disney :).

Every night.  The Magic Kingdom does 'em a few times a night.  Epcot does one show at 9.  Hollywood Studios has some fireworks but they are part of a seated show called Fantasmic (which is pretty awesome).

You should try and go to Epcot during Food & Wine Festival.

Going on the 30th (and many more times in October) if you wanna meet up for a drink. :pow:

EPCOT is superb, lazer and fireworks at 9PM

Me again :)

Can i find the game on anywhere in the kissimme area, tv or pub? :)

It's on Fox Soccer Plus which will be a bit harder to find than the normal Fox Soccer.  I'd call around to a few places and ask.  Your best bet might be one of the pubs on I-Drive I'd imagine.  I may have to head down to my local pub to see if they have it there so I can watch it.

Someone claimed that Fox Soccer Plus was free this week but it hasn't changed over on my AT&T or my Direct-TV at work.

Me again :)

Can i find the game on anywhere in the kissimme area, tv or pub? :)

Try The Fox Hounds East End of the 192 near to downtown Kissimmee or Queen Victoria/Scotch Corner on the opposite side of the road on E192 but not as close to downtown, closer to Sams Club.

Queen Victoria Pub

4657 W Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746

407-390-0433

At DisneyLAND it's everynight.

I think it's every night at Disneyworld also. I only know this because my girlfriend loves that place and will even cry watching the fireworks on YouTube :lol:

• 1 month later...

According to a tweet earlier today, both Fox and ESPN have dropped out of the bidding for the next round of USA PL rights. NBC Universal is the front runner with BeIN Sport a wildcard in the process.

Pretty shocking news. Thought ESPN and Fox would both be in heavily based on the WC rights moving to Fox. NBC is desperate for content on their new sports network and they want their broadband channel to compete with ESPN3 so they might be blowing everyone out of the water.

Interesting, unfortunately Fox will survive with international tournaments but at least we'll get rid of Rob Stone. I would've preferred ESPN to get it solely and put the extra games on ESPN3, but I guess that was never going to happen. NBC will be interesting, they put on a decent show but will hopefully use the TWI commentators if this does happen, and could use the network more than Fox did.