Epic NUFC photos

Guest Tall Striker

the one where Wyn Davies has Jimmy Montgomery horizontal on his hip at the Gallowgate end

these days he'd be banned for a year for hitting a 'keeper like that

Before my time, but that's the barge that ended up in the "Big Match" video compilation from the 1970s, isn't it? That whole video is hilarious.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/22/article-2264693-171496E5000005DC-260_470x638_popup.jpg

Millwall v Newcastle 1957

Anyone on here actually do that?

Brilliant, mind.

some of the older fellas maybe, there were a few on the floodlights at Huddersfiled the day we were promoted.

First picture of you.

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/22/article-2264693-171496E5000005DC-260_470x638_popup.jpg

Pole jimmies!

Ah man, where is that post? :lol:

Brilliant, mind.

Watched most of peterborough a in 92/3 season from the pylon. And as mentioned by madras , huddersfield a 84 from the scoreboard. any number of games hanging from fences.

Not a Pylon, but I remember the FA Cup tie at Blackburn in 1992 (I think it was?), when the Darwin end was being demolished (think it was the last match before it closed)... most of the roof covering was gone, and a few lads were up in the rafters.

The staff/stewards threatened to delay the kick off until they came down.

Brilliant, mind.

I did it at the Gallowgate when I was a kid but never to the height some of those are at.  During some of the bigger games you could see people up trees in Leazes Park from the Gallowgate, that was after they'd knocked down the old Leazes and had a lower back wall.

Tight b******s :lol:

I think they were locked out rather than being tight but I could be wrong.

Surely by the time the Leazes was knocked down we were struggling to sell out the ground?

Or am I getting my dates mixed up...

Surely by the time the Leazes was knocked down we were struggling to sell out the ground?

It was knocked down in 1978 and not rebuilt until 1993 so it was down for 15 years.  :lol:

Pole jimmies!

Bloody hell. I know things are H and S silly these days, but that really does look dangerous.

Ah, the good old days of personal responsibility.

That's class. Must be great being at the top. Good view and not having to listen to the idiot vocal fan who wears many faces, has followed you to every game you've ever been to and that you can never fully escape. :lol:

It was knocked down in 1978 and not rebuilt until 1993 so it was down for 15 years.  :lol:

aye, was at plenty full houses during the small leazes period- fa cup games, and a good few in the promotion seasons.

edit- anyone remember/got pics of the temperary leazes seating stand while they were building the milburn?

That's class. Must be great being at the top. Good view and not having to listen to the idiot vocal fan who wears many faces, has followed you to every game you've ever been to and that you can never fully escape. :lol:

It would be a bastard if you were at the top and needed a piss, or even at the bottom using the same scenario.  :lol:

aye, was at plenty full houses during the small leazes period- fa cup games, and a good few in the promotion seasons.

edit- anyone remember/got pics of the temperary leazes seating stand while they were building the milburn?

I remember the seating and the scaffolding they were mounted on, I don't think we had them too long, maybe a season or so.

This?

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hyxcht.jpg

aye that was it- always thought it looked dodgy as f***. 1500 seats? 1 or2  seasons maybe? while they demolished west stand and built milburn

I think you're right about it being while they built the Milburn.

1512546_771589359521517_1245274755_n.jpg

The back of the old Leazes End.

Did they need to knock it down in 78 when they obviously couldn't afford to replace it?

the story I was told was the stand to match the east stand was ready to go up. but the cost of demolishing the old leazes end went over-to about half a £million- and they were left unable to pay for the leazes stands construction.

1512546_771589359521517_1245274755_n.jpg

The back of the old Leazes End.

Did they need to knock it down in 78 when they obviously couldn't afford to replace it?

the story I was told was the stand to match the east stand was ready to go up. but the cost of demolishing the old leazes end went over-to about half a £million- and they were left unable to pay for the leazes stands construction.

Look at the kids getting in for nothing by climbing the wall, one of our future players (at the time) used to get in that way.  :lol: