Newcastle United 1 - 1 Bolton - 26/02/11 - post match reaction from page 17

midds

Was Ranger off side? The lads next to were adamant he was on.

He was by a whisker (similar with Best when Robinson pulled him down when through in goal in the first half)

Literally even, Best's offside was a bit clearer. I think the linesman was just lucky that Ranger really was offside.

Harper - 5. Completely wrong-footed for the goal and i'm fucking PIG SICK of his kicking. How can we ever fashion a decent move when the first line of attack is always so fucking wayward? Infuriating.

Simpson - 7. Ran himself into the ground.

Williamson - 7. Good game but just fucking boot it, yeah?

Coloccini - 7. Played well. Sturridge and Davies tested him but Colo had the better of it for the majority.

Enrique - 8. Sublime going forward, shaky at the back at times. Good game overall though.

Taylor - 4. Fuck off. Mindless.

Tiote - 7. Ran all day long but his passing wasn't as good today. Good assist though.

Nolan - 7. Battled hard and got a good goal. Wasteful in all areas in the second half though.

Jonas - 6. Did okay but looked a bit lethargic at times.

Best - 6. Did all that he could do. Won just about every header (of the few goal kicks that found him).

Lovenkrands - 5. Never in it. Hey Peter, Leon's won every fucking header. Try being in his general vicinity, yeah?

Pardew - 9. Thought the substitutions were brilliant tbh. Surprised and confused me at first but it killed any chance of us losing the game and turned the tie back in our favour. Great performance from the boss. I'm really coming round to him.

Frustrating day but we've actually played pretty wellf or the majority. There were a couple of spells where we kicked the thing around like it was a hot potato - but it was generally a confident performance where we were in control for large parts. I really, really hope Pardew's efficient in the transfer market cos three major upgrades will have this team battling well for the top 6. There's stacks of potential in the side.

Pity not to have got the win but it's a good result in the circumstances.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Ok result we're only 1 point off europe now a win vs everton would be amazing.

Wonder if we'll have barton back for it or not, I hope we do and maybe ireland too and of course shola to replace that turkey from denmark.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Harper - 5. Completely wrong-footed for the goal and i'm f***ing PIG SICK of his kicking. How can we ever fashion a decent move when the first line of attack is always so f***ing wayward? Infuriating.

Simpson - 7. Ran himself into the ground.

Williamson - 7. Good game but just f***ing boot it, yeah?

Coloccini - 7. Played well. Sturridge and Davies tested him but Colo had the better of it for the majority.

Enrique - 8. Sublime going forward, shaky at the back at times. Good game overall though.

Taylor - 4. f*** off. Mindless.

Tiote - 7. Ran all day long but his passing wasn't as good today. Good assist though.

Nolan - 7. Battled hard and got a good goal. Wasteful in all areas in the second half though.

Jonas - 6. Did okay but looked a bit lethargic at times.

Best - 6. Did all that he could do. Won just about every header (of the few goal kicks that found him).

Lovenkrands - 5. Never in it. Hey Peter, Leon's won every f***ing header. Try being in his general vicinity, yeah?

Pardew - 9. Thought the substitutions were brilliant tbh. Surprised and confused me at first but it killed any chance of us losing the game and turned the tie back in our favour. Great performance from the boss. I'm really coming round to him.

Frustrating day but we've actually played pretty wellf or the majority. There were a couple of spells where we kicked the thing around like it was a hot potato - but it was generally a confident performance where we were in control for large parts. I really, really hope Pardew's efficient in the transfer market cos three major upgrades will have this team battling well for the top 6. There's stacks of potential in the side.

Pity not to have got the win but it's a good result in the circumstances.

This. Finally some sense all ratings good. What did you think of the subs though?

By the way all the booing at the end was towards the ref and lines man not the team.

I hope the players know that

By the way all the booing at the end was towards the ref and lines man not the team.

It only really started when the refs were heading towards the tunnel after they went down it stopped, just letting people know Incase the papers or MOTD spin it as we were booing the team.

This season, could've easily been 6th.

Dropped points twice against Blackburn. 3-4 points

Dropped poins to Sunderland away. 2points

Dropped points to Tottenham at home. 2points

That's loads of points.

Also lost to Blackpool and Stoke at St James.

What a daft post.

Er how? The theme of the post I was responding to was about points we've dropped in games we might have expected more from.

Why is it our devine right to 'expect' anything? Stoke are an established Premier League side and we probably dropped points against Blackpool because we had a similar attitude to the above. On that logic we should of beaten half the Premier League.

No divine right (or even devine right) is implied, just identifying games we might have gone into expecting something, and ended up getting nothing. It's no big deal.  And we have very nearly beaten half the Premiership btw - and the season isn't over yet.

It only really started when the refs were heading towards the tunnel after they went down it stopped, just letting people know Incase the papers or MOTD spin it as we were booing the team.

aye knowing the wankers in teh media they'll likly do just that, they hate Newcastle.

Harper - 6 - Enjoyed the feeling of safety we've enjoyed recently while he's back in goal, but his shotstopping has never been top, top notch. Maybe a tad harsh but thought he could have done better on it.

Enrique - 7 - Almost want to give him two marks, a 6 and an 8. Really patchy performance levels out at a 7 IMO.

Colo - 6.5 - Got in some crucial challenges, his hair looked great, but a little off-colour today. Responsible for the goal too.

Williamson - 7.5 - Top performer at the back today.

Simpson - 7 - Sound enough defensively, very little Bolton success down their left but distribution was a bit all over the place.

Gutierrez - 7.5 - Really good running, and some more great balls into the strikers. Great player, but let down by...

Raylor - 4 - Idiot

Tiote - 8 - Performance of a lion. During our worst spell of the match, it's only a small exaggeration to say he single-handedly kept us in it... he was patrolling the midfield on our left side, the centre and the right. Monster. :thup: Great ball in for the goal too.

Nolan - 6.5 - Poor performance IMO. Thought his contribution would be crucial to the game and that if he could push up, he'd give Bolton more to worry about and the strikers more space but he was content to be just another body sat just in front of the back four, offering no movement or options for Tiote or the defence. (not helped by Raylor, but before then too)

Best - 7.5 - Excellent all round play. Really impressive shift. Wish he'd scored though :lol:

Loven - 6.5 - Did really well in the early stages, but faded very quickly and never resurfaced.

Williamson ahead of Colo are you joking ??? He looked like Bramble at certain stages.

Williamson has been excellent the last games imo. The faults that have been done in defense have not been from him. Goal against Fham= Enrique. Todays goal a very risky pass from Colo.

Thought Raylor was having a decent game before the sending off. Jonas looked furious when he was taken off

Seemed a weird move cos he wasn't have an especially bad game. It really, really worked though imo - was very impressed. For those who didn't see the game, btw, we went to:

Harper

Taylor - Williamson - Coloccini

Simpson                                        Enrique

Tiote                  Nolan

Best            Ranger

Skirgearrific. :D

Guest Nikos34

I was impressed with Pardew's substitutions today. I thought after the red card he kept a good offensive approach with putting Ranger up top with Best, despite only having 10 men.

Ranger should start for me now though. He always makes an impression and all this shite about him only being an impact sub is a joke. If the lad is effective for half an hour regularly then let's start giving him 90 minutes regularly!

I was really pleased today mind. I would have taken 1-1 after Taylor saw red but after how well the 10 men played then I was disappointed we couldn't have won it.

There is a real stubbornness amoungst 'this group of lads' and long may it continue. Howay the Toon!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can't complain with a point after going down to 10 men.

The difference of understanding between Best/Lovenkrands and Best/Ranger was immense. Best was getting frustrated with no support in the 1st half and most of the 2nd half. Ranger comes on, and he's picking up every flick on and knock down. I feel Lovenkrands gets a lot of stick at times, his general movement is decent, but his link up play is shocking.

Chris Foy continues the tradition of having a shocking game reffing us. Red card was fine, can't complain about that - though can't understand why most of SJP clapped Ryan Taylor off (who was crying!?)?

Alonso, and Wheater wrestled best for 90 mins and got away with it pretty much 10/10 times. Unreal.

Best was Man of the Match for me. Amazing effort, fantastic work rate. Seems to be improving every game.

Crowd was decent in the 2nd half, but flat after the goal in the 1st half. Good reception for the Army Regiment who were guest of honour today. 

Guest toonlass

Really naffed off with Raylor. There was no need to go flying in like that. Stupid! Hard not to be annoyed at the ref and the linesmen. They were infuriating. Jussi Whatsisface made a cracking double save which he had no right to make. Inspired substitutions by Pardew. Crap half time entertainment.