KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

In Keegan's position, would you have worked for the club under the same circumstances?

I'm not a manager, so who cares. But I hoped he would have felt compelled to put the club first if that's what he really felt.

Perhaps he though the lies and contempt shown to us fans by our wonderful owner and his cronies needed to be exposed? Is that not putting the good of the club first?

He should never have been hired in the first place.

I thought that at the time. Presumably it's his fault for taking the job though.

I don't blame him for taking the job. It was a "Here's a big contract and the chance to manage Newcastle United again" - I wouldn't blame anyone for saying yes, that's where my stance with Pardew came from.

I blame Ashley for even contemplating it - it never ends the way that you want it to, it's way too fairytale. The same crash-and-burn will happen with Dalglish at Liverpool, I'd put my life savings on it.

Sounds like he only sold Milner on the premiss that he already had a replacement lined up.

I'm sure that replacement wasn't supposed to be Nacho Gonzalez mind.  :lol:

We bought Colo, Gutierrez, Bassong and Xisco that season as well if I'm not mistaken. We did spend money but it was put in the wrong hands with Dennis Wise. That relationship was the big downfall IMO.

Sounds like he only sold Milner on the premiss that he already had a replacement lined up.

I'm sure that replacement wasn't supposed to be Nacho Gonzalez mind.  :lol:

We bought Colo, Gutierrez, Bassong and Xisco that season as well if I'm not mistaken. We did spend money but it was put in the wrong hands with Dennis Wise. That relationship was the big downfall IMO.

Yep. DoF scenarios are actually good in theory, they just don't work when you have a runt like Wise pulling the strings above a head-strong character like Keegan. Obviously Keegan is still bitter about the way things went and he obvious as close hand experience to what it is like working with people like Ashley and Llambias. I just hope (and think) that the current set up will function better with transfers.

In Keegan's position, would you have worked for the club under the same circumstances?

I'm not a manager, so who cares. But I hoped he would have felt compelled to put the club first if that's what he really felt.

Perhaps he though the lies and contempt shown to us fans by our wonderful owner and his cronies needed to be exposed? Is that not putting the good of the club first?

It's the kind of shortermism thinking he knows all too much about.

I do wonder what Pardew's contract contains with regard to his influence on transfers and the ability of the board to bring someone in above him should they wish.

IMO that would be covered in the 'you pick the team and thats it' clause of the contract.

He sounds embittered, his view on things is hardly likely to be impartial, is it?

Who ever claimed it was? It's an opinion, albeit one that is more informed than most as he actually worked under them. Nothing more, nothing less.

He sounds embittered, his view on things is hardly likely to be impartial, is it?

Whoever claimed it was? It's an opinion, albeit one that is more informed than most as he actually worked under them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, that's kinda my whole point. His opinion, as you so rightly point out, is formed by close interaction with them, working under them so he's hardly likely to be objective. Because of that, his opinion on whether Pardew will or won't see a penny of the Carroll money, was only ever going to be going in one direction. 

Whoever claimed it was? It's an opinion, albeit one that is more informed than most as he actually worked under them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, that's kinda my whole point. His opinion, as you so rightly point out, is formed by close interaction with them, working under them so he's hardly likely to be objective. Because of that, his opinion on whether Pardew will or won't see a penny of the Carroll money, was only ever going to be going in one direction. 

the fact that his opinion is subjective is the reason he's getting interviewed and you aren't.

the fact that his opinion is subjective is the reason he's getting interviewed and you aren't.

Yeah, thanks for explaining that. :thup:

Guest optimistic nit

Who ever claimed it was? It's an opinion, albeit one that is more informed than most as he actually worked under them. Nothing more, nothing less.

what is the actual likelyhood of keegan knowing our summer transfer policy?

So nothing to do with the fact he's both played for and managed Newcastle?  :lol:

So nothing to do with the fact he's both played for and managed Newcastle?  :lol:

wot