KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

The club should have left this well alone IMO. Keegan's entitled to his say as a pundit but ultimately what he says about NUFC at this stage means nothing, by biting they look a bit petty. Ill-judged retort that didn't need to be made. I assume those who said Keegan should shut up agree they shouldn't have responded too, though I don't expect they will admit it.

Neither party should have said anything really.

A bit of mix reaction. After KK attacked the club, of course the club has a right to respond (responding to a comment is very different from an out of the blue attack, don't know how you don't get that, Dave).

My problem with Lambias though is that some of his comebacks are stupid/childish. Milner played on the right, how in the world is Guthrie, Colo and Guttieriez replacements for Milner? The club was wrong in not getting a replacement for Milner just as they were wrong in not lining up a replacement for Carroll, it would better for Lambias to bite the bullet, holds his hands up and admit these mistakes then try and win every argument with a childish counter.

Jonas played on the right, in fairness.

Fair enough if that was his original position at his old club, but don't think the idea was to get him in to replace Milner...how many times did he play on the right for us?

Guest magpie99

It is not a questions of replacements or where players play, it is a question of balancing budgets.

The club was in financial meltdown but spent something like 20 million on Colo (we were crying out for a CH anyway), Guthrie and Jonas. Milner put a transfer request in, Villa offered stupid money for him and off he went. The 12 million we got for Milner went along way in balancing the 20 million we had just outlayed and as one was a winger like Milner, Ashley probably thought there was no reason to spend anymore as requested by Keegan on a replacement and as the club was still financially unstable.

They are two valid points - Keegan did try to sue the club for £25m, and it was only by last-day brinkmanship that the club drove Carroll's price up to £35m.

However, there's no point in Llambias trying to hit back, and he should have learned that by now. He is not going to win a PR battle with Kevin Keegan.

Does it not make KK look a complete arsehole? The old addage any publicity is good publicty appears to be the reason he makes comments about the regime. It really does have fuck all to do with him and it really does insult the intelligence of the rank and file because I think the majority already have their suspicions about the regime.

KK is history but sadly folk still choose to hang onto every word he says for some strange reason. He just go back to his soccer circus and disappear.

Guest magpie99

GC

Agree totally with what you say. I wonfder why he hasnt come back into management. Possibly noone else wants to take the risk.

Guest ToonUltra

Now then, im a ticket holder and booked my mate a ticket yesterday for todays game. As it was too late for them to send it via post he is going to collect it this morning. Just wondering where he picks the ticket up from now as it is a pre-paid ticket? the Gallowgate concourse 1st floor, new club shop box office or the south west corner? cheers for the help. 

Agreed Gunt. KK is irrelevant these days. A great part of our history but an irrelevance now.

True, I think he should have waited with those commentaries. Unless he's spot on, such utterances are only going to destroy his reputation. And the drop could now be significant since the the transfers have yet to be concluded. MA could be liable to spend money just to prove KK wrong.

Agreed Gunt. KK is irrelevant these days. A great part of our history but an irrelevance now.

True, I think he should have waited with those commentaries. Unless he's spot on, such utterances are only going to destroy his reputation. And the drop could now be significant since the the transfers have yet to be concluded. MA could be liable to spend money just to prove KK wrong.

utter bollox.

You related to Ronaldo? You talk almost as much shite

For someone who had such an influence on the club as we know it today, he can never be classed "irrelevant".

They are two valid points - Keegan did try to sue the club for £25m, and it was only by last-day brinkmanship that the club drove Carroll's price up to £35m.

However, there's no point in Llambias trying to hit back, and he should have learned that by now. He is not going to win a PR battle with Kevin Keegan.

Does it not make KK look a complete arsehole? The old addage any publicity is good publicty appears to be the reason he makes comments about the regime. It really does have fuck all to do with him and it really does insult the intelligence of the rank and file because I think the majority already have their suspicions about the regime.

KK is history but sadly folk still choose to hang onto every word he says for some strange reason. He just go back to his soccer circus and disappear.

Well I agree about Keegan, but I'm a bit frustrated at Llambias's response. It's the difference between standing your ground, and hitting back. All he needed to do was point out that Ashley had already ploughed a lot of his own money into the club and he'd already said that the £35m would be re-invested on to the playing side.

I can understand his annoyance at Keegan, but he has to keep that buttoned up. We already know about the £25m and all that does is deflect attention from the main point that he should be trying to make.

Besides, Bob Moncur has already made the point very effectively.

Guest Wally_McFool

Lambias still hasn't learned that taking on Shearer and Keegan in the press is a no no.

Mike Ashley  would be doing himself a big favour if he got rid of that silly cunt and rank amateur gobshite and appointed someone with at least half a brain..

Guest magpie99

What a shame we dont still have Chris Mort as MD. I think his communication skills will have allayed an awful lot of fears the fans have about how our club is being run. Furthermore, has anyine heard anything from this PR female who was appointed some months ago. I dont even know her name, that is how ananymous she appears to be.

What a shame we dont still have Chris Mort as MD. I think his communication skills will have allayed an awful lot of fears the fans have about how our club is being run. Furthermore, has anyine heard anything from this PR female who was appointed some months ago. I dont even know her name, that is how ananymous she appears to be.

He was as bad as the other two morons except he could talk a good talk. Didn't he cost somewhere close to £4.5m for a years work ? And followed the company line at all times.

Guest magpie99

Maybe he followed the company line but that was due to his involvement in the takeover. Once that was out of the way, he left. You missed my point though. What I was trying to get over was that he was a great communicator to the fans. We havent heard from Llambiase for months and everything now seems to go through Pardew. Even he doesnt know exactly what is going on judging by his comments about available funds in the summer.

Llambias didn't even have to open his gob.  ???

Raising/continuing the issue in the press just puts more pressure on us to spend the money. He should have just kept schtum - but how many times have we said that??  :rolleyes: