Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 05/03/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

If we had a right sided midfielder available today though, then Simpson stays at right back doesn't he? And Taylor would have stayed on the bench.

Guthrie, or Jonas right Ferguson left.

How hard was it to play

Harper

Simmo Colo Williamson Jose

Jonas Nolan Tiote Ferguson

Loven Best

Pardew needs to seriously get his tongue out of s.taylor's arse, he was shite today. Ferguson on the other hand is gunna be something special i've been impressed every time i've seen him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

How hard was it to play

Harper

Loven Best

Pardew needs to seriously get his tongue out of s.taylor's arse, he was shite today. Ferguson on the other hand is gunna be something special i've been impressed every time i've seen him.

I can understand why he's hesitant to give Ferguson a prolonged period on the pitch, though.

Guest toonlass

Steven Taylor coming straight back in at right back sums up our wafer thin squad really. A bloke who has hardly kicked a ball for months is thrown back in out of position. Our best 11 is not a bad side at all but anything other than that is underpants.

Our squad is thin, that wasn't why Taylor played in Simpson's position today.

If we had a right sided midfielder available today though, then Simpson stays at right back doesn't he? And Taylor would have stayed on the bench.

Guthrie was on the bench, ok he's not greet but at least it's not square pegs in round holes. Hell, as i said pre-match to my mates I

would have gone with Ferguson on the left and Jonas on the right rather than have Simpson in midfield where he looked terrified at times. He was further back than Taylor a lot of the time before he moved to the LB position.

How hard was it to play

Harper

Loven Best

I can understand why he's hesitant to give Ferguson a prolonged period on the pitch, though.

He isn't going to learn any other way. Done well in the cup v. Chelsea and  alright v Accy.

Guest Nikos34

Guthrie, or Jonas right Ferguson left.

I think we all know he was never going to do that though. But you're spot on like.

How hard was it to play

Harper

Loven Best

He isn't going to learn any other way. Done well in the cup v. Chelsea and  alright v Accy.

This.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why when he's never let us down?

He's still a young lad and lacks experience (Especially defensively, at his long term LB position). Obviously you get experience from playing, but the circumstances aren't the best for us at the moment.

He's still a young lad and lacks experience (Especially defensively, at his long term LB position). Obviously you get experience from playing, but the circumstances aren't the best for us at the moment.

If we can't play him when we have players out then we're unlikely to have a better opportunity.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If we can't play him when we have players out then we're unlikely to have a better opportunity.

Yes, but in terms of development, I'd rather see him coming off the bench than thrown in due to our poor squad depth.

Exactly.

The only reason Carroll played was because or injuries and suspensions when he was breaking through. Play the lad ffs.

Yes, but in terms of development, I'd rather see him coming off the bench than thrown in due to our poor squad depth.

I hated coming off the bench as a player and have mates who played pro and they hated it.  Coming off the bench doesn't always help players develop.

Guest Nikos34

Why do so many people always share this 'not ready' view when it comes to young, fit, prominsing talent?

How can a player develop in the dugout? I have never understood this.

How much is there to learn anyway? They all know the rules and if they're fit, skillful and creative then how can they possibly be a risk?

Ferguson hasn't played much yes but he always looks great when he does. So why shouldn't he play? Because he's young? Surely that's a good thing!