Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 05/03/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Well obviously losing is shite, but i meant from a long-term perspective. It's cancelled out any possibility of Europe but in reality there probably never was one. Even though, admittedly, i thought we could sneak seventh.

Just got home.

Oh well, 51 and out  :undecided:

I'll give my proper thoughts later, but I can't believe that something that I've been building up since I was 13 years old, has just gone out like a whimper tonight.

:shifty:

Not too bothered about this result. We took 3 points away so they got there revenge against us under strength. Glad Saylor had shut people up about him playing right back. He isn't a right bank.

Has anybody ever claimed that he was?

I've heard it before like. Same as Colo at DM :lol:

You haven't, read it again.  :lol:

Fuck, I thought I edited that post to correct that!

:lol:

Tell me about it. Mind I thought Beckford had scored from the acute angle, great shot and great save.

I haven't seen any stat's, I would think you were well into double figures for chances and you're always under pressure if you don't take them.  For that reason I can understand how people can say that you were poor.

I think it's a bit daft to say we were poor in general when our defence was largely solid and the midfield played well and put together several cracking moves. Especially on the counter in the second half.

It's just up front that we were/are poor.

Saha had a bad time of it in front of goal but he can hold the ball up. Beckford can't do that job at all so he had to go off despite looking sharper in front of goal than Saha (was unlucky when Harper made that great save). I'd like to see how we'd get on with a more reliable partner for Beckford, more and more I think the lad will get goals in the right system.

Tell me about it. Mind I thought Beckford had scored from the acute angle, great shot and great save.

I haven't seen any stat's, I would think you were well into double figures for chances and you're always under pressure if you don't take them.  For that reason I can understand how people can say that you were poor.

I think it's a bit daft to say we were poor in general when our defence was largely solid and the midfield played well and put together several cracking moves. Especially on the counter in the second half.

It's just up front that we were/are poor.

Saha had a bad time of it in front of goal but he can hold the ball up. Beckford can't do that job at all so he had to go off despite looking sharper in front of goal than Saha (was unlucky when Harper made that great save). I'd like to see how we'd get on with a more reliable partner for Beckford, more and more I think the lad will get goals in the right system.

I thought Beckford looked quite dangerous at times yesterday. In particular his running with the ball at defenders. A few times skipped past Coloccini and Williamson far too easily for my liking.

Yeah, he can stretch a defence with his pace on the break. He can be hit & miss when he goes on a run with the ball though tbh because his control & first touch aren't exactly the greatest.

I think his biggest strength is the runs he makes off the ball. Intelligent in creating space for himself and losing his marker.

I don't think there's a game he's played in for us where he hasn't got himself at least one clear chance thanks to his movement. More than I can say for that lump Anichebe and there were plenty of games in the first half of the season when Saha didn't get a sniff at goal, nevermind fashion himself a proper chance.

Anichebe looked about two stone overweight yesterday like, proper ghetto booty on him.

He was also trying his best to chin Nolan.

He constantly has a strop on that kid. Seems a right bellend.

Guest BooBoo

Lass at work has the most outrageous ghetto booty I've ever seen. Quite slim in general and this wild massive arse.

Lass at work has the most outrageous ghetto booty I've ever seen. Quite slim in general and this wild massive arse.

In the kind of way that you'd like to spread it though?

Pics so we can decide ourselves seems the only logical solution to me like.

Guest firetotheworks

This is the first time I've been in this thread. What's the general consensus then?

As I saw it:

There is no point in Peter Lovenkrands existing,

Steven Taylor was rubbish,

Pardew likes his wacky formations,

Regardless of attitude/whatever, Ranger should be on the bench,

We didn't play particularly badly going forward,

Everton were the better team, especially defensively and Arteta.

Guest BooBoo

Nah, it's just plain weird. Although I'm tempted at the next night out to rest my pint on it.

Guest neesy111

This is the first time I've been in this thread. What's the general consensus then?

As I saw it:

Correct, apart from Ranger is now injured.

As I saw it:

Ranger is injured? Hard to play him if he's not fit.

Guest toonlass

As I saw it:

His wife and kids might disagree with you

Guest bmoregeordie

The side looked knackered in general.

Simpson played like utter crap.

Ameobi and Taylor played too cautiously to be effective.

Howard Webb is a wanker.

I was not mad about this defeat ..... Everton was way better than us on the day period...... they wanted it more......

Day period?  :lol: Where is Ethi Geordie even from? Seems such a fucking knacker.  ;D