Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why are all our players so damned up athletic and weak. Urgh. Thanks Graham!

This is what is mystifying. One of the key requirements of the PL is athleticism and pace.

Aye, that's been our weakness for ages. I like Carr's signings in isolation but we need a few lads who can impose themselves on the game and force the opponent back.

Why are all our players so damned up athletic and weak. Urgh. Thanks Graham!

This is what is mystifying. One of the key requirements of the PL is athleticism and pace.

It's unbelievable. We tried a bit this window. Gini is meant to be athletic but he hasn't shown it at all. Chancel isn't as physical as I hoped. Not as big, strong or quick as you would hope for. But he seems a very tidy footballer. Physically an upgrade on Colo but still that Colo type of defender.

The club is just so stupid. Even when we were buying cheaper players, we weren't smart enough to get great athletes who weren't necessarily the best footballers yet.

Think about the number of players that have come over to England, and have done surprisingly well, because of their physical make up.

We literally have none of these types. Instead, not only do we bring in players that lack physicality and speed, but then we compound it by buying young ones, who do not have the experience or savvy to have mastered how to play to their strengths.

Think he has to take the majority of the blame this season, he wanted McClaren, now I know people will say that McClaren was the cheap option. The cheap option would have been not spunking £13mil on a shit winger and getting Boetius from Feynoord. Or spending £14 million on a player we didn't even need in Wijnaldum.

I think it will take time for these players to settle, reminder that they are coming to an already beaten down apathetic team. We're far from a functioning decent football club and these players are coming into what seems like a pretty spineless team that drops its head at a moment's notice when the going gets tough.

I won't put it past GC to have to deal with 4th-5th choice players versus his 1st due to Lee Charnely and co unable to get the deals done for whatever reason.

But alas, I'm bored of GC and think he's run his course. Thanks for Cabaye, Remy, HBA, Perez, and whoever flourishes in the short/long term....I'd much prefer an absolutely clean slate and clear-out of our entire recruitment team, owner, chairman, board, manager etc.

I think it will take time for these players to settle, reminder that they are coming to an already beaten down apathetic team. We're far from a functioning decent football club and these players are coming into what seems like a pretty spineless team that drops its head at a moment's notice when the going gets tough.

I won't put it past GC to have to deal with 4th-5th choice players versus his 1st due to Lee Charnely and co unable to get the deals done for whatever reason.

But alas, I'm bored of GC and think he's run his course. I'd much prefer an absolutely clean slate and clear-out.

Must admit, I'm disappointed in what I've heard about de Jong and Wijnaldum from last night. They're settling but they need to show the leadership they were meant to have brought. Being accused of hiding is awful  :undecided:

Janmaat against Watford and Mitrovic against Man U are the sorts of things we need to see.

But alas, I'm bored of GC and think he's run his course. I'd much prefer an absolutely clean slate and clear-out.

Must admit, I'm disappointed in what I've heard about de Jong and Wijnaldum from last night. They're settling but they need to show the leadership they were meant to have brought. Being accused of hiding is awful  :undecided:

Janmaat against Watford and Mitrovic against Man U are the sorts of things we need to see.

I don't disagree with you man. I've seen on TV and online and read about those 2 being leaders on and off pitch back home for their clubs. Gini just won Dutch player of the year - he's an absolute stud of a football player...but he seems lost and quiet in this setup. Just weird to me.

I don't disagree with you man. I've seen on TV and online and read about those 2 being leaders on and off pitch back home for their clubs. Gini just won Dutch player of the year - he's an absolute stud of a football player...but he seems lost and quiet in this setup. Just weird to me.

He's probably depressed :lol:

Why are all our players so damned unathletic and weak. Urgh. Thanks Graham!

it reminds me of Roeder's team but he was not really a manager either, just a yes man so you couldn't really lay too much blame on him. McClaren is going to have to take some responsibility add well here he's supposed to be in tight with Carr.

Once again, unless any of you are actually working closely to Carr et al., I struggle to see how you can know whether he had recommended powerful/influential/non-shit players. I'm far more inclined to blame the man that has a track record of being the cheapest cunt in the land, who likely ignores 90% of recommendations and just goes with the cheapest option, whether that's what the team needs or not.

Once again, unless any of you are actually working closely to Carr et al., I struggle to see how you can know whether he had recommended powerful/influential/non-s*** players. I'm far more inclined to blame the man that has a track record of being the cheapest c*** in the land, who likely ignores 90% of recommendations and just goes with the cheapest option, whether that's what the team needs or not.

Bang on, all of the focus needs taken away from the muppets near the top whether it be manager, chief scout, MD, tea-maker (Concur) and directed to the fat cunt sitting right at the top of the pile who is responsible for appointing all of these cheap options.

Once again, unless any of you are actually working closely to Carr et al., I struggle to see how you can know whether he had recommended powerful/influential/non-shit players. I'm far more inclined to blame the man that has a track record of being the cheapest cunt in the land, who likely ignores 90% of recommendations and just goes with the cheapest option, whether that's what the team needs or not.

Except I wouldn't call this season's signings particularly cheap. I think you have to question the scouts, manager and Charnley there, I don't think the owner is putting a price on these players.

Except I wouldn't call this season's signings particularly cheap. I think you have to question the scouts, manager and Charnley there, I don't think the owner is putting a price on these players.

I'm not saying Carr is flawless by any means, but he's not the reason NUFC is in the state its in. Not even close.

Not that I think believe any of the players we bought were particularly "expensive", their fees may have been a little higher than we've paid before, but when you consider the general PL transfer fee level, their inevitably meagre contracts, and the minimal chance of depreciation, they represent very little risk, financially speaking.

You find Mike an influential outspoken 28 year old 80k p/w Englishman and he'll probably clock you over the head with an oversized mug.

1 transfer window out of 15(?) where MA has pulled out his wallet purely on the basis that the intense media coverage generated is seriously impacting his brand (this has nothing to do with our almost-relegation as nothing was done after Pardew's near-miss).

This 1 transfer window does not make up for constant neglect from the FCB, the rotten attitude has always came from the top and has seeped down through to everybody, especially the players. New players are not going to be painted a pretty picture by the players when they first come into the club, which will be a huge influence on them more than what the management could do - they've all been here long enough to know exactly what the craic is with this club so it's no surprise we have a 'toxic' dressing room. We know the players we've got are good on paper, if unproven - with the exception of maybe Thauvin who came off the back of a poor season and is a risk - but the likes of Wijnaldum, Mitro and Mbemba have lit up their divisions before coming here.

The fans needs stop directing flak to individual Ashley pawns and every fan needs to direct it straight to him and keep making serious waves to get him out of OUR fucking club.

I'm not saying Carr is flawless by any means, but he's not the reason NUFC is in the state its in. Not even close.

Not that I think believe any of the players we bought were particularly "expensive", their fees may have been a little higher than we've paid before, but when you consider the general PL transfer fee level, their inevitably meagre contracts, and the minimal chance of depreciation, they represent very little risk, financially speaking.

You find Mike an influential outspoken 28 year old 80k p/w Englishman and he'll probably clock you over the head with an oversized mug.

Well yeah at the end of the day all the club appointments are the responsibility of Ashley because he's the one who's making them, whether it's the manager, scouts or Charnley, whatever you would describe his role as.