Newcastle Goalkeepers

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm confused as to why all the 'Newcastle goalie' articles refer to Harper, Krul, Forster and Alnwick. What about Soderberg, I thought he was supposed to be good too?

Alnwick's English and won an award recently.

Instant media wankfest.

Plus he was on Ant and Decs push the button.

I'm confused as to why all the 'Newcastle goalie' articles refer to Harper, Krul, Forster and Alnwick. What about Soderberg, I thought he was supposed to be good too?

Alnwick's English and won an award recently.

Instant media wankfest.

Plus he was on Ant and Decs push the button.

and not a very good penalty stopper, I would have saved some of those :lol:

Would rather we got rid of Harper than Krul or Forster tbh. Harper just isnt very good im afraid.

He is good enough and despite what I believed at the start of the season he is ahead of Krul at least for now.

Krul came in and did a decent job but is still very jumpy. He looked very naive and although I thought there wasn't much between them at the start of the season after that 12 week spell it seems clear to me Krul needs a loan to get some experience and over that jumpy spell.

Whether Forster is better placed to fight Harper for the shirt is yet to be seen but his experience over the last 2 seasons would make me more confident. 

I just think both are going to be better than Harper has ever been. Fair enough send one of them out on loan, but I can't see Forster being happy going out on loan season after season. For me, having Forster and Krul as our two keepers next season would make me happy enough.

As for Harper, the ridiculous error at Stoke has been coming. He's fucked up on numerous occasions this season.

I just think both are going to be better than Harper has ever been. Fair enough send one of them out on loan, but I can't see Forster being happy going out on loan season after season. For me, having Forster and Krul as our two keepers next season would make me happy enough.

As for Harper, the ridiculous error at Stoke has been coming. He's fucked up on numerous occasions this season.

How long has it been coming? We are 30 games into a 38 game season. He isn't the first and won't be the last keeper to make such a stupid mistake.

As for Harper, the ridiculous error at Stoke has been coming. He's f***ed up on numerous occasions this season.

How long has it been coming? We are 30 games into a 38 game season. He isn't the first and won't be the last keeper to make such a stupid mistake.

That kind of mistake has been coming as he isnt urgent enough when he's in trouble. He thinks the thing to do is to be calm, stroll up to the ball and casually knock it away or shield it out. He should be thumping it out of trouble rather than pissing about when in a position like that.

As for Harper, the ridiculous error at Stoke has been coming. He's f***ed up on numerous occasions this season.

That kind of mistake has been coming as he isnt urgent enough when he's in trouble. He thinks the thing to do is to be calm, stroll up to the ball and casually knock it away or shield it out. He should be thumping it out of trouble rather than pissing about when in a position like that.

How often does he get caught out doing it?

Lots of keepers fanny about, the ever impressive Joe Hart was caught out twice the other day because he was fannying about.

It's not a big problem unless someone is constantly caught out because of it, imo anyway.

From what i've seen from messrs Harper, Forster and Krul. it is quite clear that we should be keeping both Krul and Forster and keep Harper as a capacity coach-wise.  I think the competition between Krul and Forster should be benefitial, and the best for the club. Alright, Harper has been a loyal servant, and all that, but I think his time has come to step back, and enjoy his stamp as a loyal and steady servant to our club.

If you haven't seen that Forster save against Rangers in the cup final, go YouTube it now.  Amazing.

I'm a big Forster fan, but that save isn't amazing. It's a good save made out to be far more than it is by stupid commentators.

If you haven't seen that Forster save against Rangers in the cup final, go YouTube it now.  Amazing.

I'm a big Forster fan, but that save isn't amazing. It's a good save made out to be far more than it is by stupid commentators.

I think it's pretty awesome.  Harper's brain would have shut down and he'd have imploded in those circumstances.

Harpers made a few brilliant reaction saves this season.

Are you Steve Harper by any chance?

He just misspelt Krul. Harper makes the rudimentary plus a little bit saves better but Krul has pulled off the two best reaction saves for us this season by a mile (v. Arsenal and then Spurs)

I think it's pretty awesome.  Harper's brain would have shut down and he'd have imploded in those circumstances.

Class save!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Celtic bid for Forster? .. ;/

Celtic have reportedly made a £1.5 million bid to land Fraser Forster on a permanent basis.

The Newcastle United goalkeeper spent last season on loan at Celtic Park, helping the club to a Scottish Cup win and runner's up spot in the league and league cup.

Forster returned to his parent club at the end of the season but Celtic manager Neil Lennon has now made a move to bring him back to Scotland on a long-term basis.

Lennon has been on the hunt for a new number one and appears ready to place his faith in the 23-year old, wh ohad 25 clean sheets in 44 appearances between the sticks last season. The Englishman had been prepared to fight for a first team place at Newcastle United, but may be prepared to return to Celtic and help in Lennon's pursuit of silverware.

Forster had been linked with a recall to Newcastle in the January transfer window as the club had an injury crisis halfway through his loan spell. He said at the time that he was not keen on going back as he wanted to be playing reguar first team football, adding: "Sitting on a bench is not something I want. The only way I will progress in my career is if I am out playing in front of big crowds."

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said that he did not feel Forster had been tested enough during his time in Glasgow, making derisory comments abuot the standard of the SPL and leaving the player in doubt as to whether he had moved up the pecking order a St James' Park.