Finances 09/10 - 'Our vision for the club is to finish 10th or above every year'

quayside

Guest icemanblue

I'm not going to comment on money matters, because I'm not a financial expert. What I am is a Newcastle supporter, and I'd prefer to not see my club relegated. That could have been avoided with a relatively small investment and a modicum of common sense.

We didn't get relegated due to financial policy, we were relegated due to the insanity of the management situation. No-one can claim it didn't cost us a single point over the course of the year.

Yes, that was my point.

Guest Brazilianbob

Don't the accounts say we have one of the lowest debts in the league? Why the f*** are we selling Andy Carroll then? How long will you accept this claim that the club is still in crisis?

Because it was a vast influx of much needed cash and an offer we could not turn down, regardless of how well offf or poor we are, and it also meant we can probably get to where we want to be, in terms of breaking even and becoming a self sufficient club able to purchase players without borrowing, two years ahead of schedule.

I don't think it was a good deal, I think we lost far more than we gained.

Why is being a self sufficient club who can buy players without borrowing what we want to be? Call me old fashioned but I'd rather be successful.

I'm not going to comment on the finances because I'm not too clued up on it but why are people suggesting we run before we can walk? If Newcastle secured top 10 places and maybe a few cup runs while being self sufficient financially in the next few years id be fairly pleased.

It may even stand us in good stead when the premier league finally implodes.

£17.1m losses.. hmm his own fault though!

Next thing he should do to try and get fans back onside and a full house every game.. SACK Lambias & INVEST MORE than the £35m we got for Carroll.

Oh maybe just SELL UP & f*** OFF

Ok from a man management point of view, and decision making process Ashley is terrible. Hired and fired at completely the wrong times. Denis Wise was just a journey into the fucking absurd but economically he has ploughed alot of money into the club to stabalise it, it just hasn't been on the squad (which as fans we want) but servicing our debt this quote from the bbc was key for me

"Revenue from television and other media fell 57% to £16m, although new sponsorship deals were struck with Puma and Northern Rock.

Newcastle's determination to retain the services of enough Premier League-class players to launch a credible bid for promotion meant the wage bill still amounted £47.5m despite a 33% drop from £71.1m.

As a result, the wages-to-turnover ratio increased to 90.6% from 82.6% earlier.

Club debt was stable at £150m, although bank borrowings fell by £25m and were replaced by a loan of the same amount from Mr Ashley, taking the total he has loaned the club to £139.8m, all of it interest-free."

like him or not (and i don't) he has put money into the club, we are just not in a position where we can go and spend a fortune on a player and then pay him a huge salary that he will inevitably want. That will come if we stay up and slowly build but it aint gonna come over night.

I'm not going to comment on the finances because I'm not too clued up on it but why are people suggesting we run before we can walk? If Newcastle secured top 10 places and maybe a few cup runs while being self sufficient financially in the next few years id be fairly pleased.

It may even stand us in good stead when the premier league finally implodes.

Considering we've only finished in the top 10 50% of the time we've spent in the Premier League I think it's a decent aim.

like him or not (and i don't) he has put money into the club

He has put money into his club because he can afford to do it & saves him interest. It would be mental of him not to really.

HE IS NOT DOING ANYONE OF FAVOR FFS!!!

like him or not (and i don't) he has put money into the club

He has put money into his club because he can afford to do it & saves him interest. It would be mental of him not to really.

HE IS NOT DOING ANYONE OF FAVOR FFS!!!

I'm not saying he's done us a favour i'm saying it explains why we aren't throwing money around on players like we have done in the past. The club simply can't support that at the minute. If he's putting in money to the club just so we can operate at this level then it's about stabilising our position before we push on to the next.

What are these yearly 'Other Expenses' £26.9m reported in 08/09 and 09/10?

Paying for Ashley's helicopter travel around the country.

As an Ashley sympathiser, surely your could have come up with a more logical response?

As an Ashley sympathiser, surely your could have come up with a more logical response?

Is there a U4N response yet?

Is there a U4N response yet?

U4N? Please.

Some people need to give themselves a good hard kick up the a*se!  Ok so Mike Ashley could have avoided the relegation.  How?  We were skint and losing money hand over fist.  So you wanted him to put his hand in his pocket and buy players?  You all say he is a big fat c**t but you are happy for him to spend his dosh.  Ok so he does that and has to pay big wages to those players to keep us in the EPL, so we lose even more money hand over fist.  Existing like that means eventually you reach a point where even the Sky TV and media money is outstripped by the outgoings, so he then has to put his hand in his pocket every season to the detriment of his own personal fortune.  Get real people!  The way he has gone about turning round the then limited future of NUFC is remarkable.  OK so he has made mistakes, but who hasn't made mistakes that they truly truly regret, but no amount of regrets can change what has gone before, so stop being so insular and accept he might know a little bit more than most NUFC fans about turning a business into a profitable oprganization.

i for one, stand back and admire his remarkable acheivements. by paying staff less and selling players, plus transfering money between business accounts he's saved our club and got us to where we REALLY want to be. with less debt, a relegation, a charlatan for a manager and a squad who's best players wont commit to their future to the club. thanks mike, you've acheived so much in so little time.

Is being an Ashley empathiser any better than being an Ashley sympathiser?

Nah. Actually, despite the fact that I've stated many times of my hatred for Ashley, if you think Pardew is ok, don't really rate Hughton, think the Carroll situation was a decent deal and don't grab your pitchfork and run to the steps of SJP every day screaming "YOU FAT COCKNEY b******" then you're an Ashley sympathiser. Or even better, part of his fan club.

Nah. Actually, despite the fact that I've stated many times of my hatred for Ashley, if you think Pardew is ok, don't really rate Hughton, think the Carroll situation was a decent deal and don't grab your pitchfork and run to the steps of SJP every day screaming "YOU FAT COCKNEY b******" then you're an Ashley sympathiser. Or even better, part of his fan club.

or if you pipe up making devils advocate type comments that more often than not are in favour of ashley in every thread, like you do. you only get called things like ashley sympathiser because of that mate, i dont understand the constant denial

or if you pipe up making devils advocate type comments that more often than not are in favour of ashley in every thread, like you do. you only get called things like ashley sympathiser because of that mate, i dont understand the constant denial

It would be a pretty dull discussion if everyone just layered on more and more Ashley hatred.

:rolleyes:

Sorry, I forgot you know my opinion better than I do.

God isn't Ashley great. Go Ashley.