Didier Drogba

Optimistic Nut

SSN - has Malaria :kasper:

but will play this week- jeesus fkin hell.

How's he going to play ... With Malaria ..?

I know. He's already been capped for the Ivory Coast.

Is it really true that Stuart Pearce broke his leg and tried to run it off?

Going off topic, but this reminded me of Ally Maxwell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ally_Maxwell

Maxwell famously won the Scottish Cup  with Motherwell, playing for most of the second half plus thirty minutes of extra time with broken ribs, a ruptured spleen and intermittent double vision sustained in a collision with Dundee United defender John Clark. Despite his injuries, Maxwell stretched to tip a fierce goal bound shot from Dundee United defender (and future Motherwell manager) Maurice Malpas over the bar with two minutes of extra time remaining, to ensure Motherwell ran out 4-3 winners.

Malaria isn't that bad at all if you access to care. I've had it a few times and honestly have a good resistance to it. The doctor jabs you in the arm with some needles, you get some rest, and it usually goes away depending on the case. It's different from person to person and case to case though.

When has Drogba been to Africa, though? I don't think he was even called up for the last qualifier. Weird that he has it.

Malaria isn't that bad at all if you access to care. I've had it a few times and honestly have a good resistance to it. The doctor jabs you in the arm with some needles, you get some rest, and it usually goes away depending on the case. It's different from person to person and case to case though.

When has Drogba been to Africa, though? I don't think he was even called up for the last qualifier. Weird that he has it.

Can be in your system for a number of months before the symptoms show themselves :thup: You not bother taking anti-malaria tablets or do they not work?

Can be in your system for a number of months before the symptoms show themselves :thup: You not bother taking anti-malaria tablets or do they not work?

Yeah, that is true. It's just caught me out a bit. Usually with footballers, they seem to get it directly after a round of qualifiers or the ACN.

I don't bother taking malaria pills personally, I don't find them necessary. There are many precautions (especially for those who live there) you can take not involving drugs. However, the cousin who traveled over with me this summer (American born, rarely visits) took them and they seemed to work pretty well. However, some of the ones distributed in the West are rubbish that you simply should not ingest. If they try to give you one called larium, throw it in the bin and don't let it near your body. It is only marginally effective against certain types of malaria and can have very bad side effects on you mental state.

Always tickles me when people react to Malaria as though it is Aids or something.