PFA Player of the year: Gareth Bale (no really)

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got you mixed up with dresden, still your whole argument is utter s****

Who s*** on your cornflakes this morning? You took a blatent joke answer and got worked up. Get over it man only an idiot would think comparing Best and Bale was serious

well i've been pure whooshed then, fair play :lol:

Hardly a serious comparison :lol:

kingdawson, are you content that the best player in your squad has been overlooked for the best player award?  I'm talking about Luka.

I'm content that our player who's had a very good season has been awarded the player of the year award and nothing will change that.

You must feel sorry in some way for Modric, being overlooked the way he has for an inferior player.  I know I do.

Guest kingdawson

Jack wilshire has managed 1 goal and 3 assists in 29 league games. Does he deserve young player of the year?

Guest kingdawson

Jack wilshire has managed 1 goal and 3 assists in 29 league games. Does he deserve young player of the year?

Yes.  Football isn't just about goals and assists.

eh?

nearly every post arguing about Bale's inclusion mentions his assist tally as some sort of evidence that he "hasn't done anything in the league" yet jack wilshire wins an award where his competition have dismantled him stats wise and f*** all is said?

Makes perfect sense.

Does it help if say that I'm not basing my argument against Bale winning the award on goals and assist...

Just that he's been too inconsistent, with prolonged spells of nothingness and intermittent runs of brilliance.  Doesn't warrant it.

Wilshere is a deep lying midfielder who's principle responsibility is to keep the game ticking over in midfield and drive Arsenal forward, much like Modric's responsibility at Tottenham.

Bale is an orthadox left winger who's principle forte is his ability to provide for his teamates.

Assists are far more relevant for one than they are for the other. Anyway, it's really not that relevant because anybody who has paid any attention this season knows fine well that regardless of statistics Gareth Bale has not been the best player in the Premier League, not by a fucking distance.

Guest kingdawson

Wilshere is a deep lying midfielder who's principle responsibility is to keep the game ticking over in midfield and drive Arsenal forward, much like Modric's responsibility at Tottenham.

Bale is an orthadox left winger who's principle forte is his ability to provide for his teamates.

Assists are far more relevant for one than they are for the other. Anyway, it's really not that relevant because anybody who has paid any attention this season knows fine well that regardless of statistics Gareth Bale has not been the best player in the Premier League, not by a f***ing distance.

but Modric's poor assist and goal record is always thrown in my face when i mention how good he's been on here? every time i say how good he's been there's always something about him not having many assists or goal so i believe your "deep lying playmaker" theory is wrong.

Hell even on this thread Luka's stats record was mentioned.

Assists are far more relevant for one than they are for the other. Anyway, it's really not that relevant because anybody who has paid any attention this season knows fine well that regardless of statistics Gareth Bale has not been the best player in the Premier League, not by a f***ing distance.

but Modric's poor assist and goal record is always thrown in my face when i mention how good he's been on here? every time i say how good he's been there's always something about him not having many assists or goal so i believe your "deep lying playmaker" theory is wrong.

I never said Modric was a deep lying midfielder, I said Wilshere was. I said there roles however are pretty similar and both don't depend on how they can directly score or assist goals. I've already said that I think Modric is your best player and has been this season, he's a class act.

However, I'd say stats hold a lot more relevance when you're assessing the contributions of a direct left sided player fabled for his delivery and ability to supply teammates. Criticising Bale for not assisting much this season is fair game.

You wear a white shirt.

Guest kingdawson

You wear a white shirt.

That's the 3rd time you trying to start another argument despite claiming "you're not going to get into that". Pretty lame really and i think people are bored of it (hence the negative reponse you received the last time you did it). Talk football or don't direct anything at me little boy.

Guest kingdawson

I never said Modric was a deep lying midfielder, I said Wilshere was. I said there roles however are pretty similar and both don't depend on how they can directly score or assist goals. I've already said that I think Modric is your best player and has been this season, he's a class act.

However, I'd say stats hold a lot more relevance when you're assessing the contributions of a direct left sided player fabled for his delivery and ability to supply teammates. Criticising Bale for not assisting much this season is fair game.

Fair enough. I agree with what you're saying in general btw.