Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (19/4/11 at 7.45pm) Pre-Match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

As a valid argument, let me ask you one simple question.

Would you expect Man Utd to let slip a 4 goal lead in 23 minutes?

The Arsenal result was a freak one off result in my opinion.

Did you expect Arsenal to? No? But it still happened - that's the whole point being made here man :lol:

This season of all seasons, to suggest that everything will go to form is a bit premature. To say we can't do it is frankly ridiculous - Man United have failed to win 11 of their 16 away games so far.

How many of those have they lost?

3 of them. 8 draws.

Guest toonlass

Harper out according to Caulkin. Ireland set to start.

Where has he said Ireland's going to start?

Sorry I read his tweet wrong. It's Krul to play and Ireland "involved for 1st time" whatever that means.

Did you expect Arsenal to? No? But it still happened - that's the whole point being made here man :lol:

This season of all seasons, to suggest that everything will go to form is a bit premature. To say we can't do it is frankly ridiculous - Man United have failed to win 11 of their 16 away games so far.

well, Jonny, I admire your enthusiasm and if you think that the current team less the likes of Best and Nolan (who played in that Arseanl game) can stage a similar fightback against the best team in the league, you would beliving on cloud cuckoo land.

In my opinion, MU will not even break sweat beating us 3-0 at least tomorrow night. I will be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong, but somehow, I doubt it. They are just too good foir us considering our present injury.suspension  crisis.

They're also better than Wolves, who beat them. Better than Birmingham who they drew with. Better than Villa who they drew with. Better than Sunderland who they drew with.

I'm not saying we will beat them or will get something from the game, but it's a lot closer to call than you're suggesting.

To suggest the game is over before it's even started is more 'living in cuckoo land'. But I dunno, maybe I'm the only who's been watching the Premier League this season :dontknow:

Harper out according to Caulkin. Ireland set to start.

Where has he said Ireland's going to start?

Sorry I read his tweet wrong. It's Krul to play and Ireland "involved for 1st time" whatever that means.

You should just posted the Tweet :laugh:

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Pardew says Harper doubt for tmw's game vs #MUFC - Krul to play. Ireland involved for 1st time. "He brings technical quality for us." #NUFC

Guest toonlass

Juliette Ferrington tweeted

"no harper for #nufc v #mufc krul in goal ireland will play some part and ameobi has a chance #bbcfootball"

Guest toonlass

You should be a journo Bluf - "Ireland involved" becomes "Ireland set to start". Sure you weren't trained by the News of the World?

:lol:

I read Krul to start as Ireland to start cos of how the tweet was. I'm having a no-brain day today.

So if all is true I'm guessing it'll be:

Krul

Simpson  Colo  Willi  Enrique

Barton  Guthrie  Tiote  Jonas

Shola  Loven

Guest toonlass

More concerned re. Blackpool game ....will Nolan be back??

Back from where? The chippy? The pub? The rock shop? The pleasure beach?

well, Jonny, I admire your enthusiasm and if you think that the current team less the likes of Best and Nolan (who played in that Arseanl game) can stage a similar fightback against the best team in the league, you would beliving on cloud cuckoo land.

In my opinion, MU will not even break sweat beating us 3-0 at least tomorrow night. I will be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong, but somehow, I doubt it. They are just too good foir us considering our present injury.suspension  crisis.

They're also better than Wolves, who beat them. Better than Birmingham who they drew with. Better than Villa who they drew with. Better than Sunderland who they drew with.

I'm not saying we will beat them or will get something from the game, but it's a lot closer to call than you're suggesting.

To suggest the game is over before it's even started is more 'living in cuckoo land'. But I dunno, maybe I'm the only who's been watching the Premier League this season :dontknow:

Man U are not the strongest in the centre of the park either, especialy with Scholes out who picked us apart at OT. If we can nulify there wingers (Enrique should have little problems with Valencia if he's on form) then i'd not put it past us been able to control the midfield if we don't give them too much respect. My only fear other than our lack of strikers is that Nani is given far too much space from Simpson, if he is he'll cut us apart