Arsenal Takeover

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Interesting that this will be the 10th club with foreign owners.  I think the Premier League need 13 clubs to pass resolutions.  I wonder what it might mean for the Premier League if another 3 clubs are bought by foreigners e.j. an increased likelihood of games being played abroad?

Can't they be forced to sell once Kronky-wonky gets the adequate amount of shares? I was an NUFC shareholder when Ashley took the club over and I didn't get a choice.

yeah but thats 75% (it was with ashley buying it iirc) but usmanov owns 27% and isn't selling so it can't be reached

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

SSN are painting the picture that this new guy is probably an arsehole, getting US reporters on who say he's pulled back funding on all his NHL and NBA franchises lately. Probably because he's buying Arsenal.

Guest neesy111

He has 63%ish once Lady Nina and Fizsman's shares are bought. Usmanov isn't selling because he 'loves the club' dick.

Which means, he effectively runs the club with having a majority stake in the club.  Good news for Arsenal imo, the board of Arsenal need to put Wenger under pressure to win a major trophy.  6 years without a single trophy for one of the top 7 clubs in the world is a disaster imo and they've sacked managers for a lot less than this.  Also don't give me these players have potential bollocks, they said in 2006/07 and imo arsenal have went backwards as a club despite on profits generated being the richest club in the world.

He has 63%ish once Lady Nina and Fizsman's shares are bought. Usmanov isn't selling because he 'loves the club' dick.

Which means, he effectively runs the club with having a majority stake in the club.  Good news for Arsenal imo, the board of Arsenal need to put Wenger under pressure to win a major trophy.  6 years without a single trophy for one of the top 7 clubs in the world is a disaster imo and they've sacked managers for a lot less than this.  Also don't give me these players have potential bollocks, they said in 2006/07 and imo arsenal have went backwards as a club despite on profits generated being the richest club in the world.

We haven't 'went backwards' really... There's definitely progression, it can be seen. I don't think he will put any pressure on Arsene tbh.

:lol:

SSN are painting the picture that this new guy is probably an arsehole, getting US reporters on who say he's pulled back funding on all his NHL and NBA franchises lately. Probably because he's buying Arsenal.

heard similar things being said about him from other american sports journos on him, hockey one in particular seems underfunded from what i can tell

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He has been focusing on The Rapids though, it seems to be 'sock-or' on his mind.

SSN reckon they are the lowest funded NHL franchise.

He has been focusing on The Rapids though, it seems to be 'sock-or' on his mind.

NHL?

MLS.

I'm on about the Colorado Rapids of MLS.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

NHL?

MLS.

I'm on about the Colorado Rapids of MLS.

Ah, sorry, aye.

We haven't 'went backwards' really... There's definitely progression, it can be seen. I don't think he will put any pressure on Arsene tbh.

Due to various circumstances over the last few years you've lost Ashley Cole, Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira, Henry, Campbell, Lauren (I'd rather have him at his peak over Sagna) and God knows who else.

All of these players were winners, they have yet to be replaced. I'd definitely say that you've gone backwards as a team.