Football's greatest - where does Lionel Messi rank?

Dave

Neymar has at his age almost three times more goals than Messi had at his age. He has also won 9 titles against Messi's 5.

We got a clear winner here, change the title to Neymar the football's greastes.

I was on a flight from Barcelona to Stockholm yesterday and was sat across the aisle from Mascherano and Messi, on their way to the Argentina-Sweden game... Previous to this intimate insight into a footballers domain I actually thought Messi was a decent chap...

Found out to my dismay that both he a Mascherano are both arrogant stuck up pri*ks, thick as two short planks and the typical stereotype of mollycoddled footballers. As soon as they got on board they were ordering the stewardesses to put their baggage here there and everywhere with an arrogance that was belittling, then after quite a few swedes (mostly youngsters) asked for their photo with them, we heard snide remarks about all and sundry on the flight. Made a comment to the guy next to me about this and his words were "Lots of money but bancrupt of manners" (mucho dinero pero poca clase), couldn't have agreed more.

Just thought I would let you all know, dissapointed myself aswell, thought he would be above that... Oh well!

I was on a flight from Barcelona to Stockholm yesterday and was sat across the aisle from Mascherano and Messi, on their way to the Argentina-Sweden game... Previous to this intimate insight into a footballers domain I actually thought Messi was a decent chap...

Found out to my dismay that both he a Mascherano are both arrogant stuck up pri*ks, thick as two short planks and the typical stereotype of mollycoddled footballers. As soon as they got on board they were ordering the stewardesses to put their baggage here there and everywhere with an arrogance that was belittling, then after quite a few swedes (mostly youngsters) asked for their photo with them, we heard snide remarks about all and sundry on the flight. Made a comment to the guy next to me about this and his words were "Lots of money but bancrupt of manners" (mucho dinero pero poca clase), couldn't have agreed more.

Just thought I would let you all know, dissapointed myself aswell, thought he would be above that... Oh well!

They're Argentinians what were you expecting? :lol: Honestly, there's a reason why Argentinians aren't the most popular in South America.

You needed Kobe Bryant there to make him up his game.

You needed Kobe Bryant there to make him up his game.

This joke deserved serious laughs tbh :lol:

Signed a new contract today...

Like he was ever going anywhere else.

Yup he's too scared to play in a team without the world's best midfielders behind him!

:lol:

Cristiano Ronaldo ain't got shit on Messi alpal

What kind of remarks??

Funny how much praise other players get for being one-club men(Maldini, Giggs, Scholes, Totti, Baresi etc), yet Messi gets criticised for it :lol:

My intention was never to criticize him though, unlike I guess alpal. I was just pointing out he signed a new contract once again.

Funny how much praise other players get for being one-club men(Maldini, Giggs, Scholes, Totti, Baresi etc), yet Messi gets criticised for it :lol:

Nearly as funny as people saying he lacks ambition for not wanting to leave the best team in the world.  :lol:

My intention was never to criticize him though, unlike I guess alpal. I was just pointing out he signed a new contract once again.

Wasn't have a go at you fella :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

If he'd been brought through at another team it would be different in terms of the one team excuse that some have.

As it happens, he plays for the best club side going and is a large percentage of the reason they're the best around.

He's already at the top and has no reason to ever leave.

Just a two year extension onto his current deal. 2018 now with a nice little signing on fee I'm sure.

LM's agent must have burned through his cut of the last signing-on fee, and was under the pump a little (financially).

;)

Talk about milking the blood out the stone, and for every last drop too.

Signed a new contract today...

Like he was ever going anywhere else.

Yup he's too scared to play in a team without the world's best midfielders behind him!

:lol:

Cristiano Ronaldo ain't got shit on Messi alpal

http://bestplayerintheworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/neymar-hair-2012.jpg

The 2018 contract expiry date has no value if Messi's old man has insisted on the inclusion of another wage-activation clause - one of the rich Russian clubs triggered it, but Messi Inc refused to talk to them.

Bayern, flush with revenue courtesy of the Bundesliga's improved tv rights deal, and also loaded with the Pep Factor, are still a danger to Barca's hope of retaining him as a one-club statesman. Messi's old man said that 'it would take a disaster for his son to leave Barca'. Bayern muscling-in, on any such contractual clause, is that disaster imho.