Players calling for cards - acceptable or not?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you are fouled harshly then I'm pretty sure it's your business for the player who fouled you to get a yellow card. It is simply what is right, what is just (if such a concept can ever exist in football). If someone kicks you then you should appeal for them to get a yellow because it is justice if they do.

If you're fouled harshly they will probably be booked anyway. It's the referee's decision, not yours.

Come on then gimp, explain why it's bollocks.

Its only crept into the game the last few years or so, claiming the a free kick or asking the ref for a foul fair enough.  Asking for a player to get booked knowing a player only has two chances at a tacckle is un sportsman like and trying to get a fellow professional sent off to gain the advantage.

Its proper big for fucking mince if you ask me.

Anyone asking for a bpooking should be instantly booked,.

If someone beats you up should you only be concerned with the fact that they are caught, or also concerned with whether the punishment is in proportion to the crime? I think everyone would agree that the punishment is very important and that's why victims ask for damages etc.

I know it's a completely different realm but the concepts are still the same. You appeal for what you think is right. There is nothing wrong with that.

If you are fouled harshly then I'm pretty sure it's your business for the player who fouled you to get a yellow card. It is simply what is right, what is just (if such a concept can ever exist in football). If someone kicks you then you should appeal for them to get a yellow because it is justice if they do.

If you're fouled harshly they will probably be booked anyway. It's the referee's decision, not yours.

Doesn't mean you're not allowed to question his decisions.

Referees get far too much protection, it's a joke.

Come on then gimp, explain why it's bollocks.

Its only crept into the game the last few years or so, claiming the a free kick or asking the ref for a foul fair enough.  Asking for a player to get booked knowing a player only has two chances at a tacckle is un sportsman like and trying to get a fellow professional sent off to gain the advantage.

Its proper big for fucking mince if you ask me.

Anyone asking for a bpooking should be instantly booked,.

its come in with the foriegners, i blame imigration.

:lol:

They are frequently slaughtered by players, managers and in the media. After nearly every game these days.

I wouldn't want to do it.

But gimp, if the player has used up one of his tackling chances by scything you down then why would you want that player to have two morew chances? Surely it's right that he only gets one more chance since he just fucked you up, no?

Your argument seems to be based around being very badly fouled. Just how often are such blatantly dangerous tackles not punished? ???

:lol:

They are frequently slaughtered by players, managers and in the media. After nearly every game these days.

I wouldn't want to do it.

slaughtered because they don't do their jobs correctly, the standard of reffing is dropping very very quickly

It's not gamesmanship to ask for a player to be deservedly booked. Not every appeal is an appeal for the sake of appealing. Some appeals have real merit and should be viewed as something which isn't wrong.

And fans have nothing to do with it yet every fan appeals for everything in every match. What's the difference between a fan and a player appealing for something? They are only appealing for what they think and feel is right.

Watching an opponent ask for you to be cautioned is unbelievably infuriating.

It's disappointing that the likes of Messi and Ronaldo feel the need to stoop to such levels when they should just let their class win the game.

Would never see Shola doing it.

Did anyone care about this 15 years ago?

Where do people draw the line on this? Can a player appeal for a goal if they thought it crossed the line? Arm in the air for offside? Doing that stupid hands thing to imply a player dived?

Players influence the referee in so many ways. This is no worse than most others imo.

It's the referee's decision to give a foul too. Going by your logic, players shouldn't ever appeal for anything since they don't make the decisions.

In an ideal world they wouldn't appeal, no. I just think asking for a fellow professional to be cautioned or dismissed is going too far.

What about the handball that Messi just called a yellow card for? If you think that's a yellow then there's nothing wrong with Messi appealing for a yellow then, right? Generally, then, it depends on the context, which is what I've said all along. If an appeal has merit, like if the last man fouls a striker but isn't sent off and the striker appeals for the sending off, there isn't anything wrong with that IMO.

But gimp, if the player has used up one of his tackling chances by scything you down then why would you want that player to have two morew chances? Surely it's right that he only gets one more chance since he just f***ed you up, no?

The ref will sort it, if it is a bad challenge then the ref will deal a card or no card.  im pretty sure 90% of the time the refs know when someone is being reckless, dangerous or being a gernal cheating bastard.

I do not see why anyone has a problem with this. It is no different than players asking for any other decision. When someone kicks you, you ask for a foul. When someone kicks you repeatedly or with excessive force, you ask for a card. If this actually has an influence on any referee, that person should be relieved of their employment.

I do not see why anyone has a problem with this. It is no different than players asking for any other decision. When someone kicks you, you ask for a foul. When someone kicks you repeatedly or with excessive force, you ask for a card. If this actually has an influence on any referee, that person should be relieved of their employment.

thats the point, you may if they kick you repeatedly or excessivly, however most of the time it's done when someone has dived and the ref has fallen for it and everyone except the ref knows it.

What about the handball that Messi just called a yellow card for? If you think that's a yellow then there's nothing wrong with Messi appealing for a yellow then, right? Generally, then, it depends on the context, which is what I've said all along. If an appeal has merit, like if the last man fouls a striker but isn't sent off and the striker appeals for the sending off, there isn't anything wrong with that IMO.

you don't see the difference between appealing for a foul as opposed to calling for a yellow ?